Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awesomeful Trilogy of Awesomeness

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Awesomeful Trilogy of Awesomeness Empty
PostSubject: Awesomeful Trilogy of Awesomeness   Awesomeful Trilogy of Awesomeness Icon_minitime3/3/2011, 6:11 pm

I was the one with the Premoninitions. I could see the future. Sorta. See, I'm an insomniac so every night before I fall asleep I tell myself wild tales or true stories or realistic fictions. Sometimes in my "fables" as I like to call them, I'll alter the past and put myself in the place of people. Just to see what I would do. Each night I'd be able to fall asleep at a semi-normal time. It wasn't a big thing but it was something.
Then They began to come. The dreams. In the Dreams, I could see what our future was like. Most of the time I only saw snippets of what was to come. Like a flash of metal. A blood stain. A spilled glass of wine. A grave. Tears hitting a pond. The pond exploding upward. Only snippets. I never found out what would happen after that or at the very least, what caused it. Each night I'd wake up screaming, and my mom would rush in singing my old lullabye, stroking my hair and telling me everything would be alright. I tried everything to rid my awful dreams. I tried medications, sleeping rememdies, even my grandmother's tea. Which only made it worse.
That's when I met Roxanne Michaels. She was the most popular girl at our school before her mother died. It was circulated that her mother was a heroin addict. No one ever knew of what happened the night she died. Some said it was in her sleep peacefully, others said she died falling down the stairs in a heroin-rage. A few brave people walked up to Roxanne and asked her how her mother had died. She either punched them or walked away. Depending on how her mood was that day.
We met on the playground outside of the elementary school. She was in seventh grade and I was in sixth. She wore black clothing and I still wore girly things from Gap and Old Navy. She had looked me right in the eye with her steely-gaze and said, "Are you one of them?"
I looked at her in disbelief. "Of course not. It's your business and when you want to talk about it. You can."
Roxanne had merely grinned at me. That grin was the start of a beautiful friendship.
The following year, Roxanne told me of something big. Like my own Premonitions. She told me she could run fast. I laughed and said, "Then join the track team."
She rolled her eyes, "I mean...I can run from the end of the football field and back in less than a second.
I gave her a skeptical look and pulled out my phone. It had a stopwatch built in. I had looked up to her and said, "Alright...and go!" As soon as I shouted go, I had hit the start button on the phone. Before it reached two seconds, she was back.
I looked at her with my mouth open and breathed, "Whoa...that was frickin' awesome! Do it ag-" I was then interrupted by Carter Williams. Carter Williams was the hottest boy on campus. Not too long ago he had moved here from Williamsburg and brought his adorable accent and nice clothes to our little school of John R Williams Middle school. Carter was in my grade at the time and even Roxanne swooned over his good looks. With his floppy dark brown hair and sea-green eyes, almost every girl on campus would kill to be Roxanne and me at the moment.
Carter strode up to us and said slowly, "I saw that." He pointed at Roxanne. "You freak. I saw how fast you ran, it was like, you were faster than a bullet!" Carter's usually soft eyes were hardened with confusion.
Roxanne stepped up to him with cold dead eyes. She was like that, able to change her expessions quickly and hide things. In fact, sometimes it was like she had a second personality around others. Around me, she was nice and funny and often sarcastic. But around others she was sarcastic-mean and hateful. I tried to convince her to be nice for at least a day, but it didn't work. We ended up in detention that afternoon for yelling at a teacher.
Carter's eyes and Roxanne's eyes met and he understood something that wasn't said. He backed off, mentally, and turned to me. "What about you?"
My mouth had dropped open. "W-what about me?" I stuttered.
Carter rolled his eyes. "You must have some ability, don't you? If she can run really fast, and you two are best friends, then can't you both have super powers?"
"We aren't freaking Superman and Batman," Roxanne snapped.
I put my gently on her shoulder, "I get Premonitions. I can see the future in my dreams. Sorta." I explained gently as I explained the rest of my story out.
As it turned out, Carter had the ability to recognize powers. His own little power. Our Reader.
The next two months followed uneventfully. Then we met Libby. Libby was a strange little girl from Southern Lousiana. Since we lived in the northern part of the U.S., everyone assumed she was psychologically impaired. She was so into voudoo and whatnot and loved Tarrot cards. Some people said she spoke to the dead, or communicated somehow. On the day of Libby's birthday, Roxanne had decided to pay her a visit, after Carter Read her. She had good skills. I won't go too far into Libby's life. We'll just say that Libby and Roxanne got into a fight. Roxanne ran around her house screwing with her mind and Libby just snapped and tripped Roxanne. As soon as Libby had a good hold on Roxanne's head, Libby dropped to the ground painfully. "Gahhh..." She moaned. Roxanne was about to deliever a kick to her head when she realized that Libby was in pain. "Carter, get it here, now!" She yelled as Carter burst into the house. Carter placed his hand on Libby's shoulder while the spasms rocked her body back and forth violently. I wasn't there but I saw it in a dream. I had even warned Roxanne to not go, but she doesn't listen to people.
As soon as the spasms stopped coming, Libby shook with terror. "What the hell was that?!" She screeched at the top of her lungs. Roxanne looked to Carter. Carter's eyes were widened with fear. "She has the ability to see things that aren't there." He whispered.
"Meaning?" Roxanne snapped.
Carter's eyes hardened with annoyance. "Meaning...she can feel Them moving. Stirring within the Earth."
"Carter, what are you saying?"
"I'm saying that there are things inside the Earth that are moving. Evil things. Bad things from hell." He whispered again. It was clear that Carter wasn't going to say much more. Roxanne and Libby watched him for a moment. Then nothing.
Blackness. The Dream was over.
I sat in bed for a few moments while my alarm clock went off. Sweat poured off my neck. Oh God, why doesn't Zan listen? I thought to myself when I hit the alarm button as I rolled out of bed. I trudged over to my dresser and pulled out a simple black Columbia jacket and a pair of jeans with a t-shirt. I walked into the bathroom to find a window open. "What the..." I trailed off when I saw the knocked over Listerine and the towels shredded on the floor. An impatient tapping sounded behind me. I jumped about a foot in the air.
"What is all this?" I whirled around to see an awful creature standing in the doorway. It had an unnaturally high-pitched voice with the head of a beautiful women and the body of a dragon with wings and blue tendrils hanging off it's stomach. I gasped and spat out a curse phrase that ryhmed with 'Moley Duck'. It grinned evilly at me as it came at me headfirst. "Ah!" I screamed as I slid under it's belly out into the hallway. "Mom!" I screamed down the stairs. Suddenly I was tumbling headfirst down the stairs.
Thud.
Thud.
Thud.
Slam.
My head smashed into in bottom stairs as the creature's jaws snapped an inch away from it's face. "Ah!" I shrieked throwing it off. Then my mother was behind me holding a shiny looking knife with a jewel at the hilt. "Mom?" I narrowed my eyes at her. We hadn't been on good terms lately, what with all the stuff going on. The detentions and the arguing. The disabilities and seeing things. I had tried to tell her about the Dreams but she wouldn't listen to me. In fact it sounded quite like she was in denial about the whole ordeal.
She quickly handled the dagger like she'd been doing it her entire life. She aimed at the lumbering creature and threw with an expert flick of her wrist. The dagger impailed itself in the chest of the creature. My mother turned to the cabinet above the lightswitch and threw the doors open. She pulled out a long blade, about eleven inches long. My jaw dropped open. "Damn...how long has that been there?" I said to my mother. Mother didn't appear to hear me. She just shoved me aside and threw the newer dagger at the creature. The creature let out a high pitch hiss/squeal and hit the floor with a thud. Yellow liquid spewed from the holes in it's chest as it lay there, dead.
"MOM!" I screeched.
She turned to me and said, "I'm not your mother." Her lips turned upward into a grin. My eyes went wide. I could've seen that one coming. I mean, we looked nothing alike. She was a stunning, tall fair-haired beauty with dark green eyes. She was the type of woman who you had to look at when she walked into a room. Always.
I was a flaming ginger, with my red-hair and green eyes. Luckily, I hadn't been granted freckles, but I still had fair skin.
"But...but you...what?"
"Julia...dear...you aren't biologically mine. I just raised you." She took a deep breath and began her story.

the Reader. the Runner. the Dective. the Dreamer.
Still one more to come...
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: Awesomeful Trilogy of Awesomeness   Awesomeful Trilogy of Awesomeness Icon_minitime3/11/2011, 2:32 pm

that ... is ... AWESOME!! i eagerly await the next installment

*sits down and waits*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awesomeful Trilogy of Awesomeness   Awesomeful Trilogy of Awesomeness Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 4:50 pm

Haha, thanks! :) I haven't quite finished her mother's story. It's still in Microsoft. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awesomeful Trilogy of Awesomeness   Awesomeful Trilogy of Awesomeness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awesomeful Trilogy of Awesomeness
Page 1 of 1