Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Excerpt from Amazingly Crazy: Shannon's crossover life

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wednesday
Demigod
Wednesday

Excerpt from Amazingly Crazy: Shannon's crossover life Empty
PostSubject: Excerpt from Amazingly Crazy: Shannon's crossover life   Excerpt from Amazingly Crazy: Shannon's crossover life Icon_minitime3/24/2012, 7:28 pm

Shannon clapped her hands together and started at one end of the line. She pointed at a gladiator with a helmet, gladius, shield and a blindfold. "You, my good friend, are a gladiator that was known as... Andabatae? Yes, I think I pronounced that right. Fought blindfolded- very funny for the old Roman audiences."
She kneed him in the crotch and moved onto the next gladiator who was topless (Shannon noticed straight away. Three words: Hot-ay!) and had a helmet and two swords. "Dimacheri. Fought with two swords- slick slicers."
She did a roundhouse kick feint and nipple-twisted him. The crowd enjoyed it and cheered after an obligated, "Oooh!"
Shannon found the next gladitor was a girl. She wore no helmet but had armour on her shoulder. She carried a tridant and net. "Retiarii. Fought with nets and a trident- a bit fishy that."
She chuckled to herself. Then tripped the girl up. Shannon skipped over the net and approached the next gladiator. She looked him up and down. "Hoplomachi. Fought in a suit of armour- hot work."
Shannon smiled at him and he cowered away as she walked to the next. A guy with a rope and (Thank You!) no shirt. "Laqueatores. Fought with a rope- no noose was bad news for them."
She laughed and kicked him in the area from which a man thinks and breaths. She laughed again and looked at the silent stadium. "Well?"
The stadium burst into laughter.
Shannon's next victim was heavily armoured compared. "Secutores. Fought with sword and sheild- they were the lucky ones."
"How do you know all this?" asked the Secutores.
"No idea," Shannon smiled. "Don't make me hurt you."
The Secutores, curious to her knowledge of gladitors stepped aside, revealing a gladiator with a bow and quiver full of arrows.
Shannon smiled. "Ah. Sagitarii. Fought with bows and arrows- hoping for an arrow escape. Where are these bad jokes coming from?"
The Sagitarii stepped aside, impressed. The next to last gladiator was enthusiastic to see what she knew of them.
"Bestiarii. Fought with anything against wild animals- beastly."
The Bestiarii stepped aside. "Cool."
The last one looked unlike ANY gladiator Shannon had ever seen. And she still knew about him. "Scissores. That means 'carvers.' Actually, it is relatively unknown what kind of gladiator a scissores was. But you carry carving knives. In fact, you fight with any knives. Knives of all metals. Including celestial bronze? Wait. Is that gold?"
"That's Imperial Gold," said the Secutores, stepping up behind her.
"Oh? Looks pretty," Shannon said and smiled. "Now. I came here for a bite to eat. Not to fight. You'd know if I wanted a fight."
"And why's that?" asked the Retiarii in a rough voice.
"Because, mi amiga, you'd have no hair left to your head. It'd all be in my hands from throwing you around like a ragdoll... And possibly burnt, too. Or maybe smushed in banana... No. I'm not that cruel. I like bananas and wish for them to live. Viva la banana!"
The Romans... had met Shannon.
Back to top Go down

Excerpt from Amazingly Crazy: Shannon's crossover life
Page 1 of 1