Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

*Untitled* -in need of conscrit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wednesday
Demigod
Wednesday

*Untitled* -in need of conscrit Empty
PostSubject: *Untitled* -in need of conscrit   *Untitled* -in need of conscrit Icon_minitime8/12/2012, 10:03 pm

You've probably seen Powerpuff Girl when you were a kid. Or Danny Phantom? Some things they have in common are the labs, the experiments and the super powered characters. See, I wasn't created with sugar, spice and everything nice. Nor did I take a venture into the family ghost portal and have an accident causing my molecules to rearrange. I was made in a lab, a little like the Powerpuff Girls.
Let me explain. See, the best way to describe how I came to be would be... artificial insemination. Yeah. My surrogate mother still lives with me. She's our head housekeeper. Let's keep going, huh? Right. So as to how I got powers? Well, when my surrogate mother was pregnant with me, a chemical was injected weekly. I can't remember the name of it.
But my powers didn't surface until I hit puberty. Professor Stiles had been training me all my life and when I got my powers, he started me on more special training courses.
My name is Lacey. Lacey Stiles. I'm bionic.
Let's start this story around the beginning. I heard it's a good place to start, the beginning.
This whole thing started for me back home in the three storey manor that Professor Stiles owns. Well, I say three storey... There's ground floor, first floor and second floor. As well as the basement and then beneath that would be the secret lab facility a few miles deeper and reinforced with steel and who knows what other metals.
Professor Stiles sat down for breakfast, reading the paper. Why he bothers with that, I don't know. He could always use the Internet for the news. He sat down opposite me on the small, square table of the dining room.
“Good morning, Professor Stiles,” I greeted, stabbing my cereal with a fork. I tend to use forks with any food (except soups, duh) when I get angry or upset. I wasn't in a particularly good mood. I had been ejected from yet another school because of glitches in my programmed chip. I needed the chip to contain my powers. Otherwise, I'd be able to blow a huge chunk out of the Earth.
“Lacey,” the Professor replied and looked up at me. “Lacey, you're eating cereal with a fork. What's wrong?”
I shook my head. Honestly, it would have made me cry to tell him why I was upset. I skewered more of my cereal and bit into it.
“Lacey,” warned the Professor.
I slammed my fork down. “Professor, why this school? I didn't make any mistakes! I didn't even manage to make one friend this time.”
“I pulled you out,” shrugged the Professor.
“I know. Otherwise I'd be-” I started but I didn't finish my sentence before the Professor cut me off with a look.
“I pulled you out. You don't really need to ask, Lacey. You know by now that if I pull you out, it's important,” the Professor said and dropped the newspaper. “Look. Do you remember the annual Invention Convention?”
“Yes. Every year you take something you've invented. Hence Invention Convention,” I shrugged, looking at the newspaper then up to the professor. He was looking at me seriously... Then the penny dropped. “No way... No way... No way. No way. NO WAY! You're serious? You're taking me?”
Professor Stiles smiled and nodded.
“Why?” I asked, leaning forward. “You've had every opportunity to take me before. Why now?”
“Davenport is taking his bionic children. So this year, I'm teaming up with Mr Ridcully to compete against him,” Professor Stiles shrugged.
“Oh great. So... Wait... There are other bionic people?” I asked.
“Yes. Davenport has three. Ridcully has one who can duplicate himself and I have you,” explained the Professor, putting salt, pepper and a salt shaker on one side of the breakfast table. He took a strawberry and a bunch of grapes opposite them. “You're the strawberry. You know all about yourself so I won't bother explaining you. Now. Ridcully's bionic boy just turned twelve. So he may need a little guidance when it comes to strategy.”
“Oh great... Why didn't you just team me up with the bomb defusing monkey?” I asked, pushing my cereal away.
“I wanted to but he isn't coming this year,” shrugged the Professor.
“What? Aw...” I frowned and crossed my arms.
“Anyway, I don't know the names. Davenport has one girl and two boys. As far as I know, they have super senses, strength, speed and I heard one can snot rocket fire out,” the Professor shrugged.
“And here I am with- Oh! Do I get a new training suit?” I asked, my eyes nearly glowing with excitement.
“Why would you want a new one? I got you that navy hazmat suit last month,” frowned the Professor.
“Ugh. But it's so tight on me! You can see curves!” I whined.
The professor grinned. “Oh, Lacey, Lacey, Lacey... You win against the Davenports and you can have three new suits. You can choose them, too. Promise.”
I think the Professor is glad I'm not very social. Despite my attempts at school always failing and the longest my staying at a school being three weeks, I never managed to learn how to make friends, become a part of a clique. I'm only able to go to school because I threatened to stop eating.
“So... When are we going?” I asked.
“Later on. Go pack. Take the navy hazmat suit,” he instructed.
-x-x-x-x-
Ugh. So today, I met my opponents as well as had the happy news that I may as well be fighting them alongside a chimpanzee.
The fair is at some British mansion... Oh wait, sorry. It's Buckingham Palace. Am I lucky or what? I get to sleep inside the palace. How many people do you know who can say that? It's amazing. The amount of colour in here... All these bright colours and there I was, head to toe in navy blue hazmat. I was excited yet I wanted to leave and die of embarrassment.
Professors, inventors, investors... Robots, chemicals, an abundance of lab coats...
“Lacey,” the professor called and snapped me out of it.
Checking my watch, I'd daydreamed for at least five minutes. I raised a hand to my mouth to wipe off any drool... if there was any. I couldn't feel anything through the stupid gloves of the hazmat suit.
“So... How long are we here for?” I asked, eager to stay right where I was at that moment. Everything just amazed and fascinated me at once.
“Three days. The convention goes on all week but your fight is on the morning of our third day. We leave that afternoon,” shrugged the Professor.
“Yes, Professor,” I said absently. I'd spotted a few young scientists working on a robot dog. One of them had conveniently decided it was too hot and took off his shirt, showing off his gorgeous tan and set of abs. Hey, scientists can be hot as well as smart, you know.
“That robot dog looks like it'll be tough to beat,” commented the Professor, apparently not noticing I was watching the men and not the robot.
“Can I go explore?” I asked.
“I don't see why not. Just remember, meet me here later on. Keep your ID card around your neck and don't reveal to anyone who you really are,” Mr Stiles said and started off in one direction.
Incredible how much he trusts me. Then again, I've proved I'm more than capable to do so. I was free to walk the convention. There were so many things to see... particularly the scientists who were working on them. Ugh! How are there so many hot billionaire guys in one room?
It was thirsty work to me. It took me ten minutes to find an ordinary water fountain. Someone had thought it would be awesome to bring a wall of fountains that spit out cranberry juice, orange juice and even beer!
The water was cool in my mouth. Like they had actual ice in the pipes leading up to it. It was just so refreshing. Typical, right? I come to this amazing event filled with wonders and I'm talking about how great the water was. Anyway, I stood back up and nearly crashed into someone. And by someone, I may as well be talking about a human wall.
“Sorry,” I apologized.
“No problem,” said the guy and turned around. “Bree, Chase! I found the water fountain.”
I bent down to do my boot straps up a little tighter and two more pairs of feet came into my line of vision.
“How hard is it to find real water in this place?” asked a girl's voice. I'm assuming this was Bree like the wall of human meat said.
“Not very. This girl here pointed it out,” said the wall of human meat.
I stood up with my hand ready to shake their hands. “Oh, I'm Lacey,” I said, shaking Wall-o-Meat's hand then Bree and I still had yet to meet the elusive Chase.
He was stood behind Bree it appeared because he stepped out and I shook his hand before looking at his face and nearly dying of a heart attack.
“I'm Chase,” smiled the boy. His voice was... I had no way to describe it. It was so... nice and soothing... Hey, I'm a teenage girl. I find guys attractive! And he was attractive to me. He had nice hair and nice eyes and a nice mouth... I suddenly felt very self conscious about my stupid suit.
“Lacey,” I smiled cheerfully. Wow. I'm a brilliant liar! They totally bought it.
I got a good look at them. The meat wall had eyebrows which seemed to kinda be drawn on... yet when he smiled he had dimples... Bree had great hair which would have made so many people jealous when done up right. Don't get me started on Chase.
“Nice to meet you, Lacey,” Chase said and let go of my hand. “This is my sister, Bree. And my brother, Adam.”
“Uhuh?” I asked, smiling at Pretty Girl and Meat Wall. “So what brings you three to the Invention Convention?”
“Oh, we were brought along to help settle a bet,” Bree said.
“No way. Same here...” I said and it dawned on me. “Your surname. Is it Davenport?”
“Yeah. How'd you know?” Adam asked.
“My name is Lacey Stiles. I'm your opponent,” I said and the three looked at me with wide eyes.
“Oh geez...” Chase said. His siblings looked at him curiously.
“Lacey,” called the voice of Professor Stiles and I bit my lip.
“Nice meeting you,” I said and ran off in the direction of the Professor's voice.
“Where have you been?” the Professor asked, raising his eyebrows.
“Me? Just looking around,” I said. “Did you see the wall of flavoured fountains?”
“Indeed. So you went to the confectionary inventions this entire time?” asked Mr Stiles.
“No. I looked around the robotics too,” I shrugged. I didn't dare mention meeting the Davenports. That would just piss him off. “That robotic dog is bound to have fun with the cat bot.”
“Indeed,” nodded the Professor.
-x-x-x-x-
A/N: OK so that was short. Sue me! I don't know what else you were expecting but I needed a lead up to what my plot entails. Like 1861 words, I think. If you take out the breakers. Anyways, review please?
Back to top Go down

*Untitled* -in need of conscrit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Half Blood Mania :: Joining :: General Board :: Writing-
Jump to: