Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Watching Movies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mason
Mortal
Mason

Watching Movies Empty
PostSubject: Watching Movies   Watching Movies Icon_minitime11/25/2012, 6:10 pm

Hunter walked in, bored. He had his hunting-jacket on along with jeans and earphones around his neck. He had a chain sticking out of his left pocket. He had his silver earing on, as always.

He had been playing at the Game Cabin, when he realized it had been long since he had watched a movie. Since the Minor Air Gods cabin didn't have cable, like any cabin (unless installed), he had to head here. Thank gosh no one else was here. He was tired of people. It was his time to kick back and relax.

He popped some popcorn, got a soda out of his pocket, and put in the Avengers movie. Even Hunter couldn't argue; it was a pretty good movie, especially with all the action and fighting, which he loved. He sat down in a chair, bored through all of the previews. Why they couldn't just skip to the movie was beyond him. Hunter ate a piece of popcorn.
Back to top Go down
http://ultramythcamp.forumotion.com/
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

Watching Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching Movies   Watching Movies Icon_minitime11/25/2012, 6:33 pm

she makes me hide the way
I want to feel in photographs. Every picture I'm gonna burn or every smile was a lesson learned. I wanna say, "Break down, all on me." I'm gonna figure this out but I don't know how. Break down, all on me. I wanna run until I get out. You'll be the reason I'll be uneven, you've got me on the edge to jump for you. You'll be my fire, call me a liar. We'll make mistakes the way we always do. And now I'm starting every sentence with an apology. What's your reason for leaving now? Is it too late to follow you out? I wanna say, "Break down, all on me." I'm gonna figure this out but I don't know how. Break down, all on me. I don't wanna be selfish but would it kill you to be a little more precise, more polite when you speak? You'll be the reason I'll be uneven, you've got me on the edge to jump for you. You'll be my fire, call me a liar. We'll make mistakes the way we always do.
Kassidy walked into the amphitheater, her earbuds jammed into her ears. She'd had Home by Gabrielle Aplin on repeat all day. And no, she was not homesick at all. The fact that Carly played it all the time around the house meant nothing at all.

Well, alright, maybe it did. Kassidy hadn't even been at the damned camp a day and she was already homesick. She was a home girl. Not in the sense that she missed her home. No, that was hard to do when you were a Navy brat. It was more like she missed her family. Whenever Kassidy was away from her family, she always had friends around to talk to. She had never been so far away from home and alone at the same time. Kassidy wasn't sure she liked it that much.

She noticed that someone seemed to be watching a movie. The Avengers, to be specific. 'Great movie,' she thinks, smiling to herself. She can see a boy sitting closer up to the screen, although he didn't look like he wanted to be bothered. So sh plopped herself down in a bean bag towards the back of the room, pausing her music and turning her iPod off.

Kassidy was kind of baffled as to why a summer camp would have a movie room, but whatever. She didn't run the place. Besides, it obviously wasn't a normal summer camp. Most summer camps weren't exclusively for the children of the gods (or titans, in Kassidy's case). Nor did most camps have actual weapons. Aside from rifles, because some camps did. But Camp Half Blood didn't have rifles, yet they had swords and bows and arrows and all sorts of stuff. It was kind of ridiculous, if Kassidy were to be honest. She hadn't had a problem with monsters until just before she went to camp. Which was weird, because weren't demititans supposed to be more powerful than other demigods?

tagged: mason | word count: 323 | notes: none

Back to top Go down
http://tangerinemp3.tumblr.com/
Mason
Mortal
Mason

Watching Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching Movies   Watching Movies Icon_minitime11/25/2012, 6:44 pm

Hunter watched, sensing another demigod. He wanted to just yell at them, "GO AWAY YOU DANG IT RETARDS!" but he'd probably be seeing a fist or the hilt of a sword for that. You never knew who was dating who around here. Some girl might be dating an overprotective two-hundred pounds pure-muscled boy. Hunter didn't ever want that situation.

The girl looked pretty enough to have a boyfriend, so he decided to stay nice. "Hello," he said across the room. He waved. Hunter then turned back to the screen, where the main screen had come on. He took the remote and pushed play, listening and watching the movie. It was awesome. The fighting and everything made Hunter wanna fist a person, even though he felt that way every day.

He turned to the girl again. She looked comfy back there. 'Don't be an idiot and ruin your day, Hunter' he thought to himself. Hunter turned back to the screen. He ate a few pieces of popcorn, they went over to get some candy, after he was done. He took his Diet Coke and drank some. He sat back down with the chocolate.

Then, Hunter looked at the girl. 'You don't know this girl. She might get upset you're not sharing, then, boom, Gary Sue appears out of nowhere.' "Would you like a piece?" he asked her.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

Watching Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching Movies   Watching Movies Icon_minitime11/25/2012, 7:19 pm

I want to feel in photographs. Every picture I'm gonna burn or every smile was a lesson learned. I wanna say, "Break down, all on me." I'm gonna figure this out but I don't know how. Break down, all on me. I wanna run until I get out. You'll be the reason I'll be uneven, you've got me on the edge to jump for you. You'll be my fire, call me a liar. We'll make mistakes the way we always do. And now I'm starting every sentence with an apology. What's your reason for leaving now? Is it too late to follow you out? I wanna say, "Break down, all on me." I'm gonna figure this out but I don't know how. Break down, all on me. I don't wanna be selfish but would it kill you to be a little more precise, more polite when you speak? You'll be the reason I'll be uneven, you've got me on the edge to jump for you. You'll be my fire, call me a liar. We'll make mistakes the way we always do.
Smiling brightly at the boy, Kassidy said, "No, thank you." Maybe he was friendlier than she had originally thought. Then again, he still had this air to him that kind of said he didn't want to be bothered. So she kind of curled up into a comfortable position in the bean bag, watching the movie tentatively.

After a while of sitting there, she started to shiver and looked around for a blanket. Lo and behold, there was one on the couch behind Kassidy. She reached up to grab it, but it was just slightly out of her reach. Frowning slightly, she stretched further to grab it, but ended up falling to the floor with a soft 'thud'. As she hit the ground, Kassidy quietly said, "Oof."

Carefully, she stood up and walked over to the couch and grabbed the blanket. On her way back to her bean bag, Kassidy wrapped the blanket around her and plopping herself back down into the bean bag.

Eventually, though, her attention started to drift. She began to wonder if she was supposed to have any powers. I mean, Kassidy's half titan, and the titans are more powerful than the gods, right? So wouldn't that mean she had some wicked-ass powers or something?

Kassidy closed her eyes and concentrated really hard. On what, she had no idea. Just...something. She opened her eyes a few minutes later, her heart beating wildly.

Nothing had happened.

(Well, the setting had changed in the movie; Agent Romanov/the Black Widow, whatever you prefer, was talking to Dr. Barton/the Hulk and trying to convince him to join S.H.I.E.L.D. But nothing really important had happened.)

Kassidy sighed. She had no idea what she was expecting to happen. Just...something, really. She was a demititan, dammit! Wasn't she supposed to have some totally awesome powers?

tagged: mason | word count: 300 | notes: none

Back to top Go down
Mason
Mortal
Mason

Watching Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching Movies   Watching Movies Icon_minitime11/27/2012, 5:51 pm

Hunter continued watching, as about an hour passed. Only about thirty minutes left. He decided to just knock himself out, literally. He grinned. Girls would pay attention to that. Maybe he could get close enough to talk to her. Then, maybe whenever he trapped her, he'd torture her.

Wait, what?

What was he thinking? Hunter just had a grudge. He wasn't, like, Demi-Titan angry. He continued to watch the movie.

Fifteen minutes.

Ten.

Five.

Three.

One.

Over.

Hunter got up and went back to the girl. "That was certainly a good movie," he said to her.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

Watching Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching Movies   Watching Movies Icon_minitime11/27/2012, 6:41 pm

Kassidy smiles at the boy and says, "Yeah, it's an awesome movie." She brushes her overly frizzy hair away from her eyes and tucked it behind her ears, even though she knew that it would fall back in front of her eyes within a few minutes. Frizzy hair was just annoying like that.

"My name's Kassidy. Daughter of...Asteria, I think? I just got here, so I'm still a bit confused." Kassidy laughs nervously, hoping she doesn't sound too weird. She's kind of in desperate need of friends, because if she doesn't have someone to talk to, she'll get lonely and maybe she'll slip back to the way she was in England and before she got over him which would really, really suck.

Besides, this boy seems nice enough. He offered to share his sweets - no, candy, this isn't England - and he initiated conversation. Surely that means he's nice, right? People don't initiate conversation if they don't want to talk, or if they aren't friendly. Unless he's some stalker who would try to kidnap her and kill her in -

'Calm down, Kassidy. He isn't going to hurt you. You're overreacting.' She runs a hand through her hair, wondering why she's acting so nervous. This boy is just a person, and this is just a camp. Even if it's a camp that has weapons and where people learn to fight and apparently some people fought in a war, and for Christ's sake, these people couldn't even be over eighteen and how did everyone hear about that and -

'Calm. Down. Now.'

It's not that Kassidy is always like this. She isn't, really. It's just that she's in a new place where she doesn't have any friends, and sure, she's done this before, but she doesn't have her family this time. Going to a new place isn't something Kassidy hasn't ever done before. She just haven't ever done it alone.

In fear that she'll start biting on her fingers again or something, Kassidy pulls a pack of gum out of her pocket and pulls one of the sticks out, popping it into her mouth. Chewing on gum is always better than having bloody fingers. Even if chewing on something that's more solid feels better.

tagged: mason | word count: 372 | notes: none

Back to top Go down
Mason
Mortal
Mason

Watching Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching Movies   Watching Movies Icon_minitime12/8/2012, 10:24 am

(sorry for short post, gotta to go to practice!)

Hunter thought of how this girl didn't even know her own godly parent. "Well, my godly parent is Aeolus," he said, proudly. He loved controlling wind. It was just his thing: from "blowing people away" (he snickered at this one) or blowing roses over was fun for him. Hunter stood even taller at the thought.

"So, you just arrived at camp? I could surely give you a tour." He actually felt nice at this part. Hunter swung around a box of gum, taking a piece and chewing it. He remembered when he couldn't chew gum, because of his braces. Horrible days for him, I tell you.

He soon left, bored. He was being his normal rebel self.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Watching Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching Movies   Watching Movies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watching Movies
Page 1 of 1