Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are we even doing here.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

What are we even doing here.  Empty
PostSubject: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/23/2013, 11:46 pm

Rainer looked up at the sky, smiling. It was sunny as always, though the sky around Camp Half-Blood was cloudy, and seemed like it would rain soon. Of course, the camp had magical properties that kept the valley green and warm. Perfect for growing strawberries, the basic income of the camp. She liked fall, and would sometimes go outside of camp to enjoy the smell and feel of autumn. She had never gone to New York, however. She only knew what starbucks tasted like because of the magic goblets in the courtyard. Other campers would want to leave camp, and explore, but not Rainer. She had been at Camp since she was ten, six years ago, and she preferred camp than anywhere else in the world. Her own little sunny corner of the planet.

Rainer much rather preferred the calm, laid back feel over what her cabinmates had told her about New York. Busy, bustling, complete disregard for nature. Despite that, though, they said it was beautiful. This place was truly deserving of Olympus. Maybe she'd go to Olympus this year. Or she could stay and write more anonymous love notes to that cute Apollo boy.

In that moment, she was just lying down on the grassy field in the courtyard, and smiled. Life was good.
Back to top Go down
Damascus
qt 3.14

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/23/2013, 11:59 pm

Jerry had been walking around camp for some time. He loved the smell of the camp, all the strawberries in the field, the fire in the pavilion that always burned during any meal time. All the scents were amazing, and he never got tired of them. Being a child of ares, Jerry was uncommonly happy. And while he hated fighting, he was no stranger to it. Thankfully he hadn't run into too many troubles at camp.

Jerry wandered around, inattentive to where his feet were until the last second. He nearly stepped right on someone else who was admiring the beauty of camp. However, just because they were doing something similar to himself, that didn't mean they were a peaceful person. "Sorry, didn't mean to almost step on you." He said, hoping to not anger her.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/24/2013, 12:18 am

Rainer sat up suddenly, as she was almost stepped on. She scrambled up to her feet, stammering, "O-oh, s-sorry, i didn't mean to get in your, uh, your way, uhhh.." She let her voice fade to silence, face red and refusing the make eye contact. The grass around her feet began to grow quickly and anxiously, just as she was feeling. "shh, shh," she mumbled to the grass.

Rainer would have run away by then, leaving the boy to his own business, but she seemed trapped in the spot, staring at his shoes. She looked up, still not making eye contact, and found out he wasn't much taller than she was, to her amusement. Shorties for the win.
Back to top Go down
Damascus
qt 3.14

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/24/2013, 12:25 am

"I need to watch where i'm going more, then things like this wouldn't happen." Jerry mumbles to half to himself. He noticed that the ground around the girl was growing fast, as if it were excited by something. And figuring how sudden the girl's movements were, Jerry thought that it must have something to do with her. "I'm sorry, but half these gods still get mixed up in my head. Who's your parent?"

He wasn't sure if it was exactly a polite way to ask, but his mind was still partly elsewhere. Probably frolicking in the strawberry fields or something. It was a lot difficult to keep it from wandering around like that. But at least his mind was wandering to places like strawberry fields, unlike his acquaintances from his old school.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/24/2013, 12:32 am

"Oh, uh, Demeter, as if it wasn't obvious," she laughed nervously, gesturing to the grass. "It just, responds to me, for some reason, i guess." She ran a hand through her artificially blond hair. "What about yours?" Rainer smiled a bit, beginning to calm down. She was like that, anxious at first, and then got more comfortable. As long as the person didnt attack her. That happened more than once. That was the only bad thing about camp, she supposed. Too many crazy people.

Although the boy seemed distracted, she didn't mind. She was somewhat distracted as well.
Back to top Go down
Damascus
qt 3.14

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/24/2013, 12:38 am

"Right right. My dad's Ares." He said. He didn't wait for her reaction, he jumped immediately to a question. "Do you mind if I sit? Wandering around camp does take a toll on one's feet." It was partly true. He was used to walking so it didn't bother him too much, but for some people it was far more obvious when they got tired of walking.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/24/2013, 12:53 am

"Uh, yeah, go ahead," Rainer mumbled, sitting back down. Ares, huh. Hopefully he didn't randomly stab her. She didn't like Ares kids much. Too much blood, too much screaming, and fighting. Like, man, strawberry fields are so much better. She pet the grass around her and it returned to uniform length. "I like walking around camp, so i know what you mean."
Back to top Go down
Damascus
qt 3.14

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/24/2013, 12:58 am

"Walking around the camp is much more fun than stabbing someone's guts out, but my brothers and sisters in Ares cabin don't want to understand that." Jerry says as he sits down and takes out a pencil he kept in his pocket. He started drawing on his jeans as if they were worth ten cents. "I prefer strawberries over blood. Much nicer smell, that's for sure."
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/24/2013, 1:05 am

Rainer grinned, and repressed the urge to laugh. "You read my mind! Well, I'm glad you're not like that. Honestly that whole cabin just scares me. Like, I bet that's what they all want but, I just, yeah, Clarisse is the worst, how can you stand her?" She began to ramble. "I mean, sorry if you like her, I'm sure she's a good sister, but the worst sport on the planet, i just, hate her!" Her face got red with rage. She was a generally calm, happy person, until the topic of Clarisse La Rue came up. Rainer hated that girl more than oil spills.
Back to top Go down
Damascus
qt 3.14

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/24/2013, 1:10 am

"And here I thought Demeter was serenity and Ares was anger." Jerry said with a smirk. "She's alright as a sister, but she commands so much power it's hard to think of her in that kind of light." He says as a matter of fact. He was drawing something that looked like empty fields on his jeans, but he wasn't paying attention to it. "It's not too bad, but some of them don't like me because i prefer to avoid fights when I can."
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/24/2013, 1:16 am

"Well, I guess we're all different, then," Rainer said, looking over to the boy's jeans. "I dunno, I don't like fighting, I hide during capture the flag and reap the benefits later. Not like we ever win anyways." She sighed, too many times had she cleaned the toilets. "I'd say Demeter team with Ares, just because you guys are so good, but then i hate myself for saying that. We usually have Athena on our side, so it's good."

Rainer looked up at the sky. "What was your name, again?" She asked. He seemed like an okay guy, actually. First Ares child she met that didn't like fighting. And she was probably the first Demeter kid that had so much hate in her.
Back to top Go down
Damascus
qt 3.14

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/24/2013, 1:19 am

"I didn't give it sorry. My mind's elsewhere, and every time it does that I forget my manners. My name's Gerren, but please, just call me Jerry. Jerry's a lot less weird of a name." He says as he continues to draw. "People at school used to call me Jerry thinking it'd get under my skin, but I prefer it over my real name. So what's your name?" He asks, finally looking at her and not his pants drawing.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/24/2013, 1:26 am

Rainer thought for a second. "Technically, it's Rainer, but you can call me Rain. Or Rainy, or Thunderstorm." She laughed at the last one. "I got that from my friend when i was in third grade. She was cool." Her face suddenly darkened. She didn't like to think about the outside world, at all. It was too dark, too horrible. But she began to smile as fast as it disappeared. "But i do prefer Rain."
Back to top Go down
Damascus
qt 3.14

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/24/2013, 1:34 am

"Nice to meet you, then, Rain." Jerry says giving her a smile. In his mind, he went through his peoples list. It had all the names of people, not gods, that he'd met. He added Rain into the list with a few mental notes and descriptors. Some of the people he had on the list should probably have been crossed off, but one could never know when they'd need an old acquaintance again.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/24/2013, 1:43 am

"Nice to meet you too, Jerry." Rain laid back on the grass, putting her arms behind her head. She closed her eyes and breathed deeply. She liked Jerry so far, and he was kinda cute. But she didn't like him in that way! NO, what are you talking about, you silly, silly reader. Aha, ha...

No, definitely not, she's known him for five minutes, what kind of sick idea is that.
Back to top Go down
Damascus
qt 3.14

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/24/2013, 1:48 am

Jerry went back to drawing on his jeans. The fields drawing was being added to. At first it looked like any normal farm field. But eventually it was an obvious drawing of the big pine tree on half blood hill from the view of the strawberry fields. It was a lovely view, but not one Jerry saw too often. He preferred the view of the fields form the hill instead.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/25/2013, 9:09 pm

Rainer sat up, and leaned over to look at his jeans. "That is so cool, you're really good," she said. She was going to act like a stoner and appreciate nature, but since she was now with someone else, why not try to socialize?

She wasn't the best at making friends, most of her friends were just her cabin mates, and a couple other campers, but actual, friends, she didn't have much of.
Back to top Go down
Damascus
qt 3.14

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/25/2013, 9:16 pm

"It's not my best work. Although most of my work does go unnoticed. The pencil drawings get erased whenever i wash my jeans. A constant canvas, and I don't actually have to show people them. Most of the time they're upside down, so it looks more like nonsense, too." He says nonchalantly. "But thanks." He looked over at Rain and gave her a calm smile. "It's nice when someone does comment on my work, even if it is just backgrounds."
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/25/2013, 10:54 pm

"Maybe you could try drawing on paper? I mean, it's very good, I'd love to have one," Rainer suggested. "Unless, of course, you don't want me to have one, it's not like i'm going to make you draw something, you know, but it was just an idea, I dunno, preserve your art, and stuff.." She let her voice trail off into a mumble, and then fade. Her face was hot and red for the second time in five minutes. The grass better not start growing, she thought. It didn't.
Back to top Go down
Damascus
qt 3.14

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/25/2013, 11:26 pm

Jerry watched as Rain's face went red. He thought for a second, she's kind of cute then he caught himself looking and quickly turned back to his drawing. He barely processed her statements, but understood the sentiment. "Paper doesn't feel right to me, after drawing on my jeans for so long. And giving people my jeans would be too weird, sorry." He says sort of flusteredly.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/25/2013, 11:37 pm

Rain laughed nervously. "Yeah, that'd be weird. What would i do with them anyways i mean having a pair of jeans on my wall is kind of weird and i wouldn't be able to wear them guy pants are different from girl pants you guys don't got them apple bottom jeans or something whatever you know what i mean right? I'll shut up now I'm sorry"

Rainer pulled the neckline of her shirt up over her head and began to blush furiously. Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid
Back to top Go down
Damascus
qt 3.14

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/25/2013, 11:45 pm

Jerry smiled and, out of the corner of his eye, watched Rain try to pull into her shirt like a turtle. "Yeah, hanging up a pair of jeans on a wall would definitely be weird, and even more so if they weren't your own." Jerry let out a small laugh. "You know, just imagining someone doing that is kind of funny to me." He said as he started drawing an outline of the fleece and the dragon guarding it.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/25/2013, 11:57 pm

Rainer laughed a little, muffled by the black shirt around her head. She popped her head out again. "Yeah, it is kinda funny. Just a random pair of jeans on the wall," Rainer giggled. "I don't care much for my clothes, i just kinda grab whatever's cute from the camp store." She thought her sense of style was very cute, from what her best friend told her, who was a child of Aphrodite. She even snuck out of camp sometimes to bring her things. Where she got the money, Rain never bothered to ask.
Back to top Go down
Damascus
qt 3.14

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/26/2013, 12:04 am

"I usually grab the oldest pair i have cleaned. That way if they start getting really ripped up it's not horrible. Then i buy a new pair and break them in by drawing all over them." He laughed a bit at this. "I suppose it might become tradition for myself. Draw the biggest scene i can on a pair of jeans i just buy. Heh." He liked the idea. And it already had sort of become tradition.
Back to top Go down
Carrie Beary
cooler than u
Carrie Beary

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime9/26/2013, 12:09 am

Rainer smiled. "That's interesting. I don't have any traditions like that. I guess, my favourite things are sweaters, but it's always warm here so I can't swear them. I used to wear them for weeks at a time before the first wash, make sure they felt right. But," she put her hands up, "Warm." Rainer laid back again yet again. "It's not bad, I like it, good for growing. And we all know that's what I do best. But, sometimes i miss actual seasons. Like, we see them outside the borders, but. yeah."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are we even doing here.    What are we even doing here.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are we even doing here.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Half Blood Mania :: Camp Half Blood :: The Cabins :: The Courtyard-
Jump to: