Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jadyn Forest

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
warriorprincess

Jadyn Forest Empty
PostSubject: Jadyn Forest   Jadyn Forest Icon_minitime3/31/2014, 12:03 pm

Full Name: Jadyn Forest
Nickname: Jade
Place of Birth: Los Angeles CA

God Parent: Melinoe goddess of ghosts and bringer of nightmares and madness
Mortal Parent: Jacob Richard Forest
Year at camp: 3

Powers*: she can call upon ghosts to help her and speak to her fairly easily, but if the ghost doesn’t want to be there or she calls upon many ghosts at a time she gets exhausted and may completely drain herself and die. She can cure mental illness and nightmares but if she does this more than 2 times a day she will exhaust herself and die.

Appearance
Height: 5'4
Weight: 110
Body type: hourglass figure
Skin tone: she's seen the sun, she isn’t deathly pale, but she isn’t very tan either.
Hair Color: dirty blond
Hair Style: wavy, halfway down her back
Eye Color: grey/blue
Distinguishing features: Her eyes are the color of the moon and she has a tattoo of butterfly wings on her back that she doesn't let anyone see.
Other Marks (Freckles, scars, birthmarks): scar from the top of her right shoulder down her back to her left hip

Personality: she's funny and loyal and stubborn and insecure about..well everything. She pretends she's confident. She always tries to be brave and doesn’t show weakness. She loves to act and fight.
Style: She likes to wear what fits her well, not what's "in". She wears a lot of black and grey and always wears her black combat boots.

Fatal Flaw: perfectionist, nothing is perfect, and as a result is constantly disappointed in herself
Other Flaws**: she is depressed and self harms, and she doesn't like her physical appearance, she is not trusting and is antisocial and can be clumsy.

Pet(s): She has a pet black footed cat named Reese
Weapon(s): She prefers to use a stygian iron dagger that her mother gave her
Skills/abilities: She is very good at using a knife and sword but is very bad at archery and hand to hand combat

Roleplay Example***:

"Why do you hate me?!" I screamed at my father. He looked at me, his eyes full of disappointment. I didn't let him answer; I ran into my room and locked the door. I could barely see through my tears as I threw things into a bag. I opened my window and climbed out onto the roof, careful not to fall or make too much noise.
"Mew" I whipped around and began sliding off the roof. My combat boot thankfully caught the gutter and I heaved myself up onto the slippery shingles of the roof. Two gold eyes were staring at me. "Mew" it repeated.
"You could have got me killed, you crazy cat," I told it. "What am I doing? I'm talking to an animal." I continued my slippery decent down the roof with the cat watching me. I hopped off the lowest part of the roof and hit the ground softly. I began walking through the woods behind my house and I was surprised when I heard another "Mew." The cat circled around my legs and began walking in a different direction.
"So you want me to follow you?" I asked the cat skeptically.
            "Mew." The cat seemed to reply. I followed the cat.

Biography***:
            Jadyn was born in Los Angeles, but her father moved to New Jersey when she was an infant and she was raised there. She never had a good relationship with her father and ran away from home when she was 11. This is when she met Reese, a black-footed cat sent by her mother (she didn't know it at the time), who led her to camp half blood. When she was twelve her mother claimed her and she and her mother began correspondence by letter that she has continued since then. For her 13th birthday her mother sent her a sword made of stygian iron,
φάντασμα σπαθί, which means ghost sword. Jadyn is quite antisocial but still wishes to be accepted and popular.

Other Notes:

her greek name is νεφρίτης
            and her theme song is How far we've come by matchbox twenty
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

Jadyn Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jadyn Forest   Jadyn Forest Icon_minitime3/31/2014, 12:15 pm

I'm sorry but Metal Illnesses and Nightmares are actually not part of Melinoe's sphere of control. Mania is the goddess of Madness and Epiales is one of the few dieties of nightmares.

How many ghosts a day can she summon and how exactly do they help her?
Back to top Go down
warriorprincess

Jadyn Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jadyn Forest   Jadyn Forest Icon_minitime4/1/2014, 12:56 pm

Oh okay then i guess just ghosts. She can summon up to 5 a day without dying of exhaustion and they only talk to her, but the ghosts she calls upon might have powers themselves (be able to see the future) and they might tell her useful information.
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

Jadyn Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jadyn Forest   Jadyn Forest Icon_minitime4/1/2014, 1:01 pm

I'm sorry, but no to the ghosts having powers like what you described. What after effects do the summonings have?
Back to top Go down
warriorprincess

Jadyn Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jadyn Forest   Jadyn Forest Icon_minitime4/1/2014, 1:55 pm

Okay, after she summons a ghost she will become dizzy and tired and will be extremely hungry. After summoning more ghosts these effects will worsen until she passes out from hunger or exhaustion.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

Jadyn Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jadyn Forest   Jadyn Forest Icon_minitime4/1/2014, 4:36 pm

Okay I may not be an approver or staff of any kind any more (and might be nitpicking this part) but wouldn't the cat be considered contact from godly parents before she reached Camp? That was against the site rules last I checked but could just be too harsh here.
Back to top Go down
http://kaneegyptian.forumotion.com/
warriorprincess

Jadyn Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jadyn Forest   Jadyn Forest Icon_minitime4/1/2014, 4:46 pm

oh okay.. I'll just make the cat a random cat.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

Jadyn Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jadyn Forest   Jadyn Forest Icon_minitime4/2/2014, 3:15 pm

warriorprincess, hte form is ultimately up to an approver/staff/or admin to approve. I was just saying what I thought as a former staff/approver. Maybe Alpha will be more help on this.
Back to top Go down
http://kaneegyptian.forumotion.com/
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

Jadyn Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jadyn Forest   Jadyn Forest Icon_minitime4/2/2014, 11:30 pm

According to both Wikipedia and hte CHB Wikia, Melinoe is hte goddess of ghosts; however, she has also been known to invoke nightmares and temporary "madness" in those who see her. She has hte power to manipulate ghosts and also create illusions, so if this daughter of Melinoe were to have hte power to make someone hallucinate I could understand that. But I cannot see how a child of Melinoe could cure a mental illness, so I would have to say no to that power. 

I think hte cat is fine. hte cat has no truly special powers, and it isn't like this demigod was talking to her mother through this cat. There have been various occasions in hte books where hte gods indirectly and/or directly influenced events in their childrens' lives. This is a minor event, and I think it's fine. 

I do think that it's implausible that Melinoe would be so warmhearted as to correspond with her daughter via letter, but eh I suppose it's alright.

Otherwise, this is a good form! Quite descriptive, with a nice RP example! Just let me know what you want to do about her powers and I'll approve her Very Happy!
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
warriorprincess

Jadyn Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jadyn Forest   Jadyn Forest Icon_minitime4/11/2014, 11:40 am

So for her powers she'll be able to summon ghosts to talk to her up to 5 times a day and she will get increasingly cranky, hungry, and tired each time she summons a ghost until she dies of hunger or exhaustion.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

Jadyn Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jadyn Forest   Jadyn Forest Icon_minitime4/12/2014, 5:30 pm

Okay! approved.
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Jadyn Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jadyn Forest   Jadyn Forest Icon_minitime