Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A very romantic restaurant

Go down 
+2
Liz
Ani
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 2:49 am

"No," I immediately said, at precisely the same time as Lee. Oh, that was a charming little coincidence. I didn't really understand why satyr mobster would even want us to work apart from each other. Lee and I seemed to fight best as a team, after all.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 2:52 am

I smiled internally when I realized Cynder and I had been in sync. What a dumb as*, trying to separate us.

Valentino shrugged, rolling his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 3:05 am

Brent the demigod waiter came back, balancing the chicken platter and steak on one arm and carrying the turkey leg with the other hand. He set the turkey on the table first, as his boss was the most important guest at the table, then the steak, then the chicken. He turned and left quickly, suspicious that the strange demigods might pull some sort of nasty trick.

I picked up a fork, and prodded my steak. I didn't like it when it was cooked too much and tough and stringy, or when it was too raw and just tasted like blood. This seemed to be alright, if a little over-done. Meh.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 3:19 am

I looked at my chicken, and thought about making some stupid complaint, before my stomach growled a little. I grabbed my knife and fork and started to cut and eat, respectively.

Valentino picked up his turkey leg and laughed. "Brent should have remember that I'm a vegetarian. Someone send Brent out here." He said, raising his voice.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 3:28 am

Brent walked back with an even more sullen expression and a salad, replaced the turkey plate with the salad bowl, and left again.

I took my knife and sliced and edge off my steak, holding the meat steady with my fork. I put the newly severed piece in my mouth and chewed, trying to decide if it was any good or not. I supposed it was passable. Better than anything I could make, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 3:57 am

"Clara?!" Valentino yelled, calling for the manager. She walked over, and he smiled pleasantly at her.

Clara sighed and mentally prepared herself for talkig with the boss. He'd always been nice to her, admiring her intelligence ans planning ability. There wasn't much room for success at camp for someone who was just an Athena kid, and not Annabeth. So she defected. She'd found a palce here, and taken well to killing off useless teammates. "Yes, sir?"She asked, smiling. She was rather sure these were initiates, but she didn't want to be too forward about what she would be doing.

Valentino sighed. "Brent just isn't meeting par anymore. I think he need to be demoted."He said, and smiled again.

I figured demoted meant killed and I raised an eyebrow. "He forgot that you're a vegetarian, so you're going to kill him?"I asked, confused. Did that really warrant death? My morals didn't seem to cover this area.

"No, he's going to be demoted! "Valentino said, smiling.

Clara nodded awkwardly, and walked away. She grabbed the shotgun that was hidden by the back door, and called for Brent to come with her.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 4:02 am

"Demoted from waiter?" I asked, and ate another morsel of the sub-par steak. Like Lee, I assumed that that actually meant that he was going to be killed. But killed, just for forgetting something like that? That seemed a bit harsh. Although... the satyr might be trying to intimidate us by killing off an employee who slipped up slightly.

Brent, feeling a tad confused, followed Clara to wherever she was going. Not thirty seconds later, there was a shot, and the son of Triton lay dead on the foor.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 4:11 am

"Oh look, a convenient shooting nearby. Couldn't possibly have been yoyr minion dying."I quiped, and ate some more chicken. This was in my moral gray area, so I tried not to think about it too much, and just accept it.

Valentino shrugged. "Shootings happen everywhere in New York."He explained away the killing, "Could have been anyone."

Clara walked back into the restaurant, wiping off her shoes outside. She walked out of the kitchen and went over to the Godfather and said, "Well, sir, Brent didn't take the news too well, and stormed out. On his way, he slipped and spilled the cherry filling for our pies everywhere. Im just glad I didn't get any more on me."She said, which was the typical explanation. "He's fine now, but a bit more angry. He stormed off into an alleyway to clear off the filling and was kugged. They shot him when he didn't have any money on him."She continued, and wrestled up some fake tears. "I'm so sorry, sir."She said, and walked away.

"Well, that was a rather. .sweet story."I said, and laughed. "So, so fake."I muttered.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 4:18 am

"I thought it was rather sad," I said with dry sarcasm and a smirk, whilst I proceeded to cut up my slab of dead cow. What a delicious description. Honestly, I wasn't sure how I felt about the seemingly needless killing, or my suspicion that someone had been murdered purely for the purpose of trying to scare Lee and I into line. I also wasn't sure if I should feel a bit flattered by the great lengths taken to intimidate us. Surely, all this effort meant the old goat had his heart set on collecting us. Oh, well. It was probably best not to think about this too much. "Especially the part about the pie filling. I was nearly reduced to tears."
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 4:32 am

Well, obviously these two weren't phased by the killing. "I really don't like most of the staff here. I think I'm going to have them all killed." Valentino muttered.

Clara was walking by and heard that, and wasn't particularly pleased. She went into the back to fetch a refill for the boy, and snagged an extra set of arms.

"You know, independant of the loyalty your followers have, saying that around them probably isn't the best idea."I said, rolling my eyes.

Valentino laughed. "None of them would kill me!"He said confidently.

Clara walked out and gave the boy his refill, and promptly shot Valentino's head off. "We have a Hermes kid who's practically a Hufflepuff. He's a particularly good half-blood finder, better than that old goat. He was unnecessary, and that coment took him right over the edge. Hello, I'm the new Godfather of this Mob, Clara Carrion. Daughter of Athena." Clara said, smiling.

I jumped a little at the unexpected gunshot, and then watched the girl suspiciously. "Lee, Son of Odyne."I replied. I trusted a demigod a Hell of a lot more than a stupid, fat, old satyr.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 4:39 am

I sat there, passively eating my food. And then the unexpected happened. That girl from before, Clara, came back with a gun, and killed the irritating satyr. I hadn't seen that coming at all. I managed to hide my surprise after the first couple of seconds behind a wall of nonchalance. "You got goat blood on my steak," I commented with a sigh. I supposed I needed to say something relevant, too. "Cynder, daughter of Thanatos."
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 4:48 am

"Would you like another?"Clara asjed. She pushed the goat's blood onto the floor and wiped the blood off of the seat with a napkin. Most of it was on the ceiling and walls. She could delegate a minion to cleaning it off later. The blood wasn't dripping, so it wasn't a problem at the moment. "So, Valentino was talking recruitment?"Clara asked.

I started eating my un-bloodified chicken again. Poor Cynder. ."Yes."I replied to Clara's question. I went to take a drink of my soda before noticing that there was blood in it. I knocked the cup off of the table, and the soda spilled all over the floor.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 4:53 am

I shook my head when she asked if I'd like another. It really didn't taste good enough to justify that, and there wasn't much point in requesting ridiculously expensive things anymore. And then Lee decided to toss his soda on the floor, for some reason. I raised an eyebrow at him, and said nothing, trying not to burst into laughter. Gods, why was that so funny?
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 4:57 am

I realized that she'd gotten me a refill, so I drank from that instead. "Yoy want some chicken, Cynder?"I asked, offering her a piece on my fork. I couldn't stand the fact that Cynder's food had been ruined, so I had to help somehow.

Claralaughed when he knocked the soda onto the floor. "I couldn't help but notice you setting the drapes on fire earlier. That was pretty good."She said, and saw a ring on the guy's finger. Married? Really? Damn. I mean, she knew she'd be a few years older, but hadn't been expecting hin to be married.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 5:11 am

Clara was damn lucky I was distracted by Lee and his fork with chicken. I quite happily nommed the food, which reminded me of breakfast at the hotel, which reminded me of... well, I turned a bit pink again. This chicken was quite good, actually. A hell of a lot better than my stupid steak.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 5:14 am

I decided not to comment on the compliment because I didn't give a f*ck. I also didn't want Cynder to kil the personl who might end up hiring us. I ate a piece of my chicken and then offered Cybder another.

Clara twiddled her thumbs for a second. "So, are you going to join or not?"She asked, after an awkward pause.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 5:19 am

"Thinking about it," I said, and then ate the next piece of chicken. After I'd chewed and swallowed, I looked at Clara again. "Some time alone to talk things over would be nice, if you don't mind."
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 5:31 am

"We might not be talking for all of it, but please, wait until we're done lissing before you talk to us."I said, smiling and eating more chicken. It was fun to talk casually about being physical with Cynder. Which was also a weird way to think that. .

Clara sighed and left the table, walking into the back where a tear rolled down her face.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 5:41 am

"So," I began, once Clara had left, "what are you thinking about this whole thing?" We thought so alike usually, so chances were that we were feeling similar things, but I didn't want to just assume. After all, Lee was his own person (even though he was my his own person), and could have come to a different conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 5:45 am

I offered Cynder another bite of chicken, and shrugged. "I think we should agree to doing it, but not exclusively, in case we change our minds."I said, and asked, "What about you?"I wasn't just going to assume Cynder had thought the exact same as me.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 5:50 am

"Mhm. There are a few years between now and when we'll probably leave camp. Plenty of time to find something else to do," I agreed, and ate the next piece of chicken. Yummy as it was, I was a bit full now. Which obviously meant that we had time to kiss before Clara got back, once Lee was finished eating.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 5:52 am

I took the last couple bites of chicken, licked my teeth in search of spare pieces to clean out, and then smiled a little. I wrapped my my arm around Cynder and whispered, "I love you, Cynder Kelly," into her ear.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 6:03 am

I smiled and shifted closer, touching my forehead to his. "I love you as well, Leander Kelly," I said softly, and gently caressed the side of his face. I loved being reminded of the fact that we shared a surname now, that we were married. It'd been months - a year and a half, almost - since we'd been wed, but the thought still exhilarated me.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 6:57 am

I smiled widely before leaning in the last little bit and kissing Cynder. It wasn't like in the hotel, but it sure was nice to have some semi-alone time again. Stupid goat.

OOC;Sorry about le poof. My mom was up so I had to be quiet, and she stayed up for like a half an hour, and I fell asleep. Blah.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 4:14 pm

OOC: Turtle-mom, Turtle-mom, wakes up whenever a Turtle-mom wants.

BIC: I kissed him back, and my thoughts wandered to... ah, the hotel. This wasn't the best place to think about things like that, though. We weren't exactly alone.

A waiter who, obviously, wasn't Brent went over to the table and took the dishes away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A very romantic restaurant   A very romantic restaurant - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A very romantic restaurant
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next