Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Empty
PostSubject: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime11/27/2011, 1:49 pm

((Topic title... stinks. But that's okay.))

Leah Sparks was new to camp, and as of right now she didn't know what to make of it. She'd been here for about a week, yet she was still confused by the concept of it all. Everyone here was different and strange, and it was sort of amazing to finally know that she fit in somewhere. She was a daughter of Aeolus; which explained why she could sort of fly, and she was glad to know she wasn't at all related to the man she'd been forced to call her father.

Still, camp was weird for Leah. It was difficult to get used to training and fighting. She was deaf, and people here didn't seem to understand that. Leah could fight pretty well, and she was great at sports, but when she'd arrived at training and someone found out she was deaf they'd stared at her like she was a cripple. She was not a cripple. Leah sighed, watching the sun rise behind the trees. The camp was so pretty and perfect, and she still felt like she didn't belong here. She picked a strawberry and ate it before pushing off the ground and willing herself up into the branch of a tree. It was calm this early in the morning, for which she was happy. Nothing much was going on, and she had the urge to get out and about and explore camp some more.

((Sorry this is uneventful. I didn't know what to write :3))
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
ML
Demi-Titan
ML

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime11/27/2011, 4:18 pm

Cameron Archer, or Cam as he prefers to be called walks into the strawberry fields. He smiles lightly, and he plucks a strawberry off one of the plants and pops it into his mouth. He then looks around, not noticing Leah. He sighs softly and leans against a pole.

Closing his eyes Cam starts to think about well alot of things, one of the things being the subject of how people tease him and hate him. You see Cam is a son of Artemis, and people often will make fun of him about it. People even hate him, because he is a son of Artemis, these people being his Mother and sisters. After a few minuets Cam opens his eyes, and notices a girl. He smiles lightly and waves to her.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime11/27/2011, 4:28 pm

Leah remained near the treetop, enjoying the early morning breeze as it touched her skin. She grinned, popping another strawberry into her mouth. She knew she wasn't supposed to eat the strawberries, but that was okay. She'd never been yelled out and she doubted that anyone could see her all the way up where she was. She watched a bird chirp and another respond, and she knew it wouldn't be long before most of them were gone for the winter... or maybe not. It was Camp Half Blood, after all.

Having finished her strawberry, Leah glanced around the horizon, something she'd made a habit of doing ever since she'd been attacked when she was little. She scanned first the upper horizon and then looked down at the ground, which must have been about 20 feet below her. She jumped, startled, upon noticing a boy. No one had been there before, and she obviously didn't hear him when he had arrived. He waved at her, and she wondered if maybe he was one of the more normal kids here. Most of them seemed decent, with the exception of a few freaks. "Hi," she called out to him from the top of the tree, shifting so she could easily move out if she wanted to.
Back to top Go down
ML
Demi-Titan
ML

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime11/27/2011, 5:04 pm

Cam looks around at the beautiful dawn, setting and the vast fields. He smiles as he plucks off some more strawberries and eats them. When he finishes eating, he wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. He then sits down at the base of a tree.

Looking around, and up at the tops of the trees, he notices the girl say Hi to him. He smiles lightly and says,"Hello". Cameron then picks up a stick and starts to draw in the dirt. When he's done drawing, Cam looks up to see a rabbit sitting there watching him. He smiles lightly and says, 'Hello, little guy'. The rabbit looks at him for a few seconds before saying, 'I've never meet a human who could talk to me before'. Cam chuckles before saying, 'Well im differnt im a son of Artemis'.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime11/27/2011, 6:27 pm

With one fluid motion Leah jumped out of the tree, falling for a split second before using the wind to break her fall. She landed blithely, unharmed while she should have had a broken leg if she hadn't manipulated the air. She grinned, her cheeks red with exhilaration, and took a few steps backward. A few feet away from the boy she stood, intrigued, as he watched a rabbit intently. Something was off, and seeing that his face contorted with animation Leah decided that he must have some way of communicating with the creature. That was cool... she hadn't seen anyone like that yet. "That's pretty cool," she stated, watching the two.
Back to top Go down
ML
Demi-Titan
ML

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime11/27/2011, 7:39 pm

Cam smiles as he reaches out to pet the rabbit. 'I' should go now, but I'll promise to talk to you later buddy'. Cam hears the girl say something and turns to look at her. "Oh, well I guess it's cool, I've never really thought of it as cool. I've been able to do it since I was born". He then looks at her, "Im Cameron but you can call me Cam, and you are?"he then holds out his hand.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime11/27/2011, 8:10 pm

The boy rambled a bit, but Leah was able to make out what he was trying to say. Rambling bothered Leah, seeing as she had to try to figure out what people were saying by lip reading. "My name's Leah," she stated, taking his hand and shaking it casually. She'd always thought this gesture was a little bizarre, however she'd always appreciated it because it enabled her to recognize conversation between two people without having to read lips. "I presume your god parent is someone involving animals, like... Artemis?" A crease formed between Leah's eyebrows as she tried to reason this out. "But I thought she didn't have children..."
Back to top Go down
ML
Demi-Titan
ML

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime11/28/2011, 12:30 am

Cam watches Leah for a few seconds. In watching her he notices that theres some different about it. After a moment of observation and of thinking it clicks in his mind. She's reading his lips, she must not be bale to hear or be hard of hearing. He smiles lightly and says,"Thats correct my mom is Artemis, and she does have children and she hates me because I'm a boy"he tells her.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime11/28/2011, 12:47 am

Leah's eyes widened very slightly in her surprise. "Really?" she asked. Artemis didn't seem like the type of goddess to break her vow... she had always seemed very true to her word, at least to Leah. "It's stupid of your mother to dislike you, though. I mean, you must have had a father." Leah stopped talking. Even though circumstances were different and his mother was a goddess, Leah's mother had always been hard on her. She'd never really loved her daughter, and Leah identified with what he was saying about his mother hating him.
Back to top Go down
ML
Demi-Titan
ML

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime11/28/2011, 12:57 am

Cam stops to think about what shes saying. "That has a point to it, maybe theres another reason why she hates me"he says to her. He then looks around thinking. He turns back towards her and smiles lightly,"Anyways, lets move on to a less depressing topic".
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime11/28/2011, 7:19 pm

Leah nodded, not really pressing the subject when he said there may have been another reason why she hated him. She was curious, but she knew she hated it when people asked about her family. She thought about this for a second, but when he turned his head after talking to her she had to resist the urge to walk around him to make sure he didn't say anything. She didn't hear anything through her Cochlear implant, which didn't really mean anything if he was speaking softly though. She stopped herself, biting her lip. He turned back toward her and she breathed a breath of relief. "That'd probably be good," she smiled. "Like..." she tried to think of something to say that wouldn't sound stupid.
Back to top Go down
ML
Demi-Titan
ML

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime11/29/2011, 12:11 am

Cam taps his chin, as he thinks of an idea of what they could talk about. After about a minuet an idea strikes him. "I've got it, lets play would you rather"he says to her. He smiles lightly, "I'll go first, if you wan't to play". Cameron looks at her, and then looks down at his feet.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime11/29/2011, 12:33 am

"Would you rather..." She looked off, thinking about his preposition. Her face flushed as she realized she'd never actually learned what the fame was exactly. She'd caught vague ideas of it through reading other's conversations and watching tv, but she'd never actually played the game herself. Sure, Leah had had friends in the past, but they were mostly... almost stuck-up academics who read a lot of books. Her mom didn't really encourage sleepover parties, and none of her old friends, with a few exceptions, were really the would-you-rather type. She frowned before looking back at Cameron, her cheeks red. "Can you tell me how to play?" she asked, embarrassed. "I've heard about it, but I've never actually played before. It's weird, I know."
Back to top Go down
ML
Demi-Titan
ML

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime11/30/2011, 12:10 am

ooc:I'm failing at this. My posts suck they aren't turning out how I wanted.

Cam smiles at her, man he seems to be a in a happy mood today! "Sure, I'll teach you how to play"he says kindly. "Basiclly all you have to do is ask someone a question like, Would you rather kiss Josh Hutcherson, or like peanut butter off a hobo's foot, and then that person would have to anwser with either one of the choses, and then they would ask you a question"he explains to her. He then rubs his eye, and stuffs his hands in his pockets. "Is that a good enough explanation?"he asks her.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime11/30/2011, 9:44 pm

((I'm really not liking my posts. xDD I think it was much suckish first post that ruined it all Razz I'm sorry!!! If you want we can start over or something or whatever. I'll post now anyway.))

This boy seemed lighthearted, seeing as he smiled a lot, and Leah thought that maybe she'd found someone relate-able at this camp. She listened to him explain the game and upon his description she laughed, feeling the vibrations of it course through her bones. It was weird when she laughed. She could remember the sound of her laugh, shrill and young before she'd lost her hearing, and she tried to associate that noise with the motion of laughing though she knew her laugh must have changed. "That makes sense," Leah grinned at him. "I mean, the game doesn't sound that hard. Do you want to ask first or should I?" She raised an eyebrow subconsciously to indicate her question and leaned onto one side as she sat. A piece of her hair flew into her eyes and she quickly had it blow out of the way.
Back to top Go down
ML
Demi-Titan
ML

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime11/30/2011, 10:05 pm

ooc: Your post was fine, and nah I don't want to start over

Cam smiles and moves his head in a movement to get his hair out of his face. He looks at Leah for a moment, before he looks away. He then turns his gaze back towards her. "I guess I'll ask first"he says to her. He then spends a moment thinking about what to ask. "Leah, Would you rather, be locked in a cage with a hungry tiger, or be shoved off a cliff?"Cam asks her.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime11/30/2011, 11:27 pm

((Kay. xDD I didn't really want to start over either... too much work xDD!))

Cam turning his head nearly drove Leah crazy once again, but she told herself that it wasn't a big deal: he wasn't talking, she knew because of her implant. She sighed softly to release her frustration and smiled slightly once he turned back around. Hm... a hungry tiger or a cliff. Well, that was extremely easy. "Woah, that's a bit violent, is it not?" she teased, chuckling to herself. "But it's a simple decision for me. I would be pushed off a cliff, because then I wouldn't die," she shrugged, letting him guess if he hadn't already why she would possibly be able to live if she got pushed off a cliff. She was sure he had noticed before when she'd jumped out of the tree, but the gods only knew. Some boys were pretty ignorant. "I would assume you would pick the tiger, though, seeing as you can talk to it?"
Back to top Go down
ML
Demi-Titan
ML

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime12/2/2011, 1:06 am

Cam listens to what Leah has to say. When he hears her say she'd asume he'd pick the tiger, he thinks. "I guess I would pick the Tiger, but there is the risk ofthe tiger not carrying, that I can speak to it"he says. He then looks at her and smiles.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime12/4/2011, 1:51 am

"Eh. You're a pretty cool son of Artemis. You could always tell it you have the ability to kill it or something, lie." Leah grinned. "I mean, I don't really think lying is normally a good idea, but when a tiger's trying to kill you it may be." Leah shrugged. It could work.
Back to top Go down
ML
Demi-Titan
ML

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime12/4/2011, 4:36 pm

Cam listens to what she has to say. "Well, I never though it of it but that might work"he says slowly. He then looks at Leah, and smiles lightly. "Anyways"he says clapping his hands, "It's your turn to ask me something"he says to her. He then leans back, and smiles widely.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime12/4/2011, 5:21 pm

Hm. Leah smiled at him and then debated what she was going to ask for a moment. She didn't want to ask anything morbid, nor anything disgusting, but nothing too personal either. She contemplated for a few seconds but seemed longer before asking. "Okay. I got one. Would you rather not be a demigod and have or be one without any sort of powers?" Well, that was a sort of stupid question.
Back to top Go down
ML
Demi-Titan
ML

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime12/5/2011, 7:28 pm

Cam listens intently to Leah. Hearing her question, he sits back and closes his eyes, thinking. After a few minuets he opens his eyes, and looks at her. "That's actully a pretty tough question, I guess I would go with not being a demigod"he says to her.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime12/5/2011, 9:16 pm

Leah watched him inadvertently. She liked when she could read people's expressions. She couldn't really tell anything from the tone of their voice, obviously, so when she came across someone readable she was grateful. Cam was thinking, and she couldn't help but notice he looked at ease. She stiffened, her eyes flitting away from a moment, feeling like she was being creepy. When he began to speak again her head flipped towards him after she heard sound from his direction. She nodded. "I don't know what I would pick, if I was given the choice." Leah shrugged. She would hate to not have her flight power. It was awfully helpful since she couldn't hear to be able to see everything, and she may have been better off as a human. Still, being a demigod was... cool. Plus it gave her a reason to escape from her family.
Back to top Go down
ML
Demi-Titan
ML

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime12/11/2011, 4:30 pm

ooc:Sorry about not posting.

bic:

Cameron looks at Leah, and listens to her. "I see"he says softly,"Anways, Would you rather have to go a week with out bathing, or go a week with only eating eggs, beans, cabbage, and grapefruit?"he asks Leah. Cam then looks around and spots, a squirel. He smiles lightly and becons to the squirel. He then slowly reaches out and pets the squirel.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime12/11/2011, 9:35 pm

ooc: It's fine! Very Happy I've had no time either and I've neglected things. Razz

Leah considers this for a mere second. "Definitely only eating that stuff. Not bathing... that's disgusting!" she exclaimed, laughing. "I do like eggs, and grapefruits are alright too. I'd deal with them if my other option was that I wouldn't be able to bathe. Imagine what people would think of me!" Leah chuckled lightly, throwing away her apprehension about being in camp for the moment. She watched Cam as he beckoned for the squirrel, flinching away for a moment. Squirrels had always freaked her out for whatever reason. They looked like the kind of creature that would be ready to fling itself off of its perch to attack you, though she had never actually seen one do that. She had always been scared she would encounter a rabid squirrel and because of this she was never quite fond of the animal. Realizing quickly that Cameron would communicate with the creature and there was a very slim chance of it attempting to go after her, she shifted back to where she was before, her conflicted expression still present.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn   Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simply enjoying the strawberry fields at dawn
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next