Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dahlia's Quest

Go down 
+4
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Dovah
Bob
Liz
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 12:36 am

Dahlia walked along for a moment, relatively silent as she let the boys go on and on behind her. She wished they would just shut up, just listen for once, just understand what she was trying to do. Exasperated, she waited a minute until they were quiet before she spoke, leveling her tone so as not to show much emotion. "I'm not saying we're renting a car, because the people who work at this lot, the dealer, probably aren't even there at this point." It was about 11 pm, and the place was probably closed. "But it's a local lot, so I don't see how hard it'll be to just get into the office and steal a set of keys. I mean, we're in the middle of nowhere, their security's probably not that good anyway." She continued to trek onward.
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 12:40 am

"I'll do all the dirty work, if you guys don't mind. I've had quite a lot... of experience." Ian hesitates while saying that, but then grins. He was a bit cold, so he took out his jacket out of his pack, and put it on, shivering in the wind.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 12:42 am

Dahlia shrugged. "If you want to, and you're good at it, I don't care. Get a decent car, though, I'd rather not drive around in a Camry." She chuckled slightly, imagining all of them squeezing in a car like that, trying to laugh instead of cry at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Big Three Demigod
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 12:45 am

Joey chuckled even more. "Well as I said before if you ask the mortal very nicely, and maybe even give them some booze you may get the keys to their car though don't get your hopes up," Joey said making a grape vine grow in front of him just in time for him to grab a bushel of grapes, and start indulging in them.

"Just be warned though if I see someone ripe for the picking I'm going all in," Joey said taking in a mouthfull of grapes.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 12:47 am

"Yeah you go ahead and do that dirty work Ian..." I replied, not really paying attention that much. I was just now thinking deeply, about what this quest was about, how it would end out, and also what Rumor would think about me going on a quest without her knowing. Oh gods....she was going to be so very angry at me for not telling...meep.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 12:51 am

Dahlia just looked at Joey, her patience running thinner than it was before. "The dealer's probably closed, it'll be easy. Pick the lock on the office door and take a key, get in the car, and go." They approached the lot, a large light up sign that stated "Rob's New and Used" flickering in the distance. The place was obviously deserted. "Perfect." she muttered.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 12:55 am

"Well alrighty then..." Ian shrugs, and walks towards the building. Ian walks around to the backdoor, and examines it. Nothing he couldn't pick. He pulls out his lockpicking set, and gets to work. About a minute and a half later, he hears a satisfying click, and the door swings open. He crept along the hallways, checking for security cameras. Seeing none, he proceeds to the front desk, where he found all the keys, all organized by price. Smiling, he sifts through the variety of keys, and finds what he was looking for. A good ol' crossover. He goes out the back again, and searches for the car. He finds it easily, parked right out in the open. Feeling suspicious, he glances around quickly, and puts his hand on his sword. Ian proceeds to walk up to the car and unlock it. Inserting the key in the ignition, he turns the key, and smiles satisfied, as the car roars to life.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 1:02 am

I stood patiently as Ian broke into the building and got a pair of keys. I watched as he entered a car and turned it out. I grinned at him and let a brief cheer before saying, "Very impressive Ian. Now which one of us is going to drive first?"
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 1:06 am

Dahlia grinned genuinely for the first time that evening. "Thank you so much, Ian." She stated, following him to the car and climbing in back. "I would offer to drive, if I could, but I we've already established that I can't and I'm exhausted, and maybe if I can sleep I'll find out where we need to go," she shrugged. "We just need to get to New York City now, though, which is about an hour and a half from here, without traffic. From there we can head wherever we need to."
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 1:12 am

"I'll drive unless Alex wants to. Just let me quickly make some coffee to keep me up all night, and I'd be good." Ian says, feeling a bit fatigued.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 1:18 am

I shrugged in response to Ian's reply and said, "You I'm fine with you driving, I can sit in the back I guess and then switch with you later." I made my way over to the car after saying this and went to the door of the right backside. I opened it slowly and hopped into the car seat quickly, not bothering to buckle up.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 1:22 am

((I guess we presume Joey's in the car too, maybe passenger seat? xD))

Dahlia threw on a sweatshirt so she'd be more comfortable to sleep and buckled her seatbelt, curling up in the corner of the car with her head against the window. "If you guys are really tired, we can always stop in the city and find somewhere to stay," she suggested.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 1:23 am

"Well alright then..." Ian says. He gets in the car, throws his pack in the trunk. and reclines in the chair a bit, and sighs. He then notices a coffee maker by the radio and grins. "A car with a coffee maker. Sweet!" he says, and gets out some coffee beans and a cup from his pack. After making some coffee, he sits ready at attention, and waits for the others to get in. "And yeah, that works Dahlia."
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 1:29 am

I grinned at Ian's excitement at the discovery of a coffee maker inside the car. I made a small yawn and decided I might need to get some sleep-eye soon...but not right now...not that tired.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 1:36 am

Dahlia wrapped her arms around her knees and ducked her head onto them as well, trying to get into a comfortable position. She closed her eyes, trying to sleep, but thoughts from the day overwhelmed her. The prophecy... Athena, "Get there," these guys she was going to have to spend the quest with. She didn't yet fully trust any of them, and she felt useless and weak, being the youngest and the only girl. Why had the gods chosen her to lead the quest? Tears welled up in her eyes and she let them shed into the fabric of her sweatshirt, sniffling audibly and quivering, making a decent attempt to hide this from the three. The last thing she needed was them tormenting her over breaking down on the first day of her quest. She wished she could have called her father before she left, at least, gotten his advice or at least talked to him one last time. If she tried to at this point, a bunch of monsters would be on their tail in a minute. She sniffled again, blotting her eyes with her sweatshirt sleeve. She felt weak, but after the day she'd had it was surprising she hadn't broken down sooner. Soon, though, she managed to fall into a state of light sleep.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 1:41 am

I yawned loudly and said to Ian, "Hey I'm going to sleep now...go and wake me up when we stop so I can switch out driving with you..." With that sentence said I closed my eyes and slowly fell asleep, starting to dream peacefully about Rue.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 1:45 am

Ian nodded at Alex, then focused back on the road. Everyone seemed to be asleep, and peacefully quiet. He smiled, enjoying the thrill of being back on the road. Ian sipped some coffee, feeling wide awake, nearly hyper. The sounds of the night, and the lights were vivid, and everything seemed calm.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 1:56 am

Still asleep, Dahlia began to have a dream. She was walking... no, running, in the middle of the desert. It was hot as hell, but she was too focused to even care, at that point. No, she was running towards an item... a pillar? She didn't know, but all she knew was if she didn't get to it quickly enough, it would escape her. Paying more attention to her surroundings, another girl sprinted toward the item as well, but none of them made any progress towards it. Frustrated, she ran faster, her feet slapping the dry, dusty ground beneath her as she went. She must have ran at least a mile at that point, but both of the girls' attempts were fruitless. Neither could reach the item, no matter how hard they tried. They both wanted it, Dahlia needed it. They came closer and finally both reached out to snatch it away from the other, but then fell, tumbling through some sort of dimension. Images tumbled through her mind... someone really hurt, people crying, fighting... anything bad she could imagine going wrong. She needed to stop this...

Dahlia shook awake from her fitful sleep, tears still falling from her eyes. She wiped them away, but it did not erase the tell-tale bloodshot appearance of her eyes and the tracks that remained on her face. She was still incredibly tired, but she didn't feel like going back to sleep at that point. She sat up, pushing her bangs out of her face. Suddenly it hit her. "Texas. That's where we need to go. Texas..." she announced to Ian, who was driving, her voice thick from sleep and crying. Texas was definitely right. The signs: cacti, the dusty ground.. her father had taken her there once, on a study, and it was boring as heck, though she'd preferred the heat to her home in Washington.

"Do you happen to have any more of that coffee?" she asked him. She wouldn't normally drink it, she actually hated it, but she needed something to keep her alert. She didn't want to fall asleep again.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 1:59 am

Ian was startled by Dahlia, but said, "Yeah, sure." Ian makes another batch, and stops by an empty lot, where weeds were growing. "So you said Texas, right?"
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 2:07 am

Dahlia nodded. "Unless the gods are trying to mislead me, Texas is the right place. I don't know why they would be, though," she grabbed the cup of coffee with a sniffle, taking it and sipping it slowly. "We still need to head to the city to get out of New York, though." She glanced around at the other two, who appeared to be sleeping. After a moment, she spoke. "Look, I'm sorry I acted a bit rash before, I was lacking sleep and it was just a long day for me..." she trailed off. "I usually don't get like that, but after everything that had happened I'd just had enough, and facing the quest left me a bit frazzled. Maybe I should have let everyone get a good night's sleep, waited until the morning.." she shrugged, taking another sip of the black coffee. She doubted this would have helped, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 2:11 am

"Yeah, I guess." Ian flips out a map out of the glovebox, and examines it. "How about we try and get to Pittsburg, Glasgow, or Colombus and stay there for the day. We can plan from there on. What do you say?"
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 2:18 am

"Okay," agreed Dahlia. "So long as you're okay with driving, though we could probably wake Alex up and make him do it," she chuckled, imagining his reaction. She didn't know him too well, but she figured he wouldn't be too pleased with them when and if they woke him up.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 2:22 am

Ian shrugged. He drove out of the ditch, and started driving down the roads, feeling a bit tired.

OOC: Time skip a couple hours.
BIC:Ian was tired by the time he pulled in by the cheap motel. He walked in, booked two rooms, and walked back to the car slowly. "I've got us two rooms. We can crash out there for the night." he said, his voice a barely audible mumble. He walked to the room, carrying his stuff, and fell on the bed. He was almost asleep instantly.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 2:02 pm

I stirred in my sleep as the car stopped at the motel. After a few seconds I opened my eyelids up slowly and scanned around. I noticed we had stopped and were next to a building, Ian must have gotten tired and stopped by a motel to sleep. I let out a quiet yawn and rubbed my eyes slowly, starting to sit up and regain my senses. I noticed that everyone else was still in the car, guess we just arrived...
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 2:07 pm

Dahlia yawned as the car drew to a stop, the effects of her coffee having worn off. She sat with a notepad propped on the tops of her knees, a flashlight held haphazardly in her left hand as she wrote with her right. At least, tried to write. She wasn't particularly successful in mapping out what they were going to do on the quest due to her extreme lack of information. What she did know is they needed to get there, quickly. After her dream, she wasn't sure about anything. Was she racing people? She didn't even know. She tucked her flashlight and pen in her bag and held her notepad to her chest, slinging her backpack over her shoulder as she slid to the ground from the car. The motel was dinky, but it'd do for their purposes.

"Thanks," she murmured to Ian, glad she had at least one person on the quest who knew what they were doing, someone that maybe she could actually get along with. The other two.. she didn't know yet.

Joey was still sleeping, she noticed, and she got the best idea. Perfect opportunity. She walked over to the passenger side and opened the door. "JOEY!" she yelled, grinning deviously. "It's time to wake uppppp!"

((Sorry, I edited this about 3 times. Do we wait for Bob, now?))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dahlia's Quest   Dahlia's Quest - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dahlia's Quest
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next