Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Empty
PostSubject: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/9/2014, 3:58 am

It was fortunate that Camp Half-Blood was protected from the weather by magical means. If the infamous polar vortex decided to invade the borders of this safe haven, or even if the regular winter air of the mortal world seeped in, it would make taking early morning jogs nigh on impossible. Things were already difficult as it was, what with the skies being black and the only light coming from the stars and the somewhat distant glow of a few cabins. Curious how one could always see the stars, Li-Mei observed, with camp being surrounded by one of the largest cities in the world. While she was lost in thought, she nearly ran into a tree. Fortunately, she skidded to a halt just in time to keep herself from colliding with it. That would have been embarrassing. Especially if she got a bloody nose, or worse, broke it.
Well, while she was stopped, she might as well catch her breath a little. The air was cool, enough so that she could see her breath in the air in front of her, but not yet cold enough to keep her from wearing her customary workout shorts and tank top. It would take the threat of frostbite to stop her from running around in this outfit at six in the morning, and in that case she would probably just stay inside rather than step into such unforgiving cold needlessly.
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/9/2014, 4:27 am

I walk through the forest and come across a trail. It was still slightly dark. I continue walking for ten minutes. Then I see a girl by a tree. Based on how she was dressed, I guessed she was jogging. I walked over and said, "Hello."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/9/2014, 4:38 am

Li-Mei heard the distinct snap of dry twigs crunches of pine needles underfoot, and turned in the direction of the noise. The last few unexpected encounters she'd had with other people had ended in conflict, whether it be a friendly competition or a complete beating. Luckily, she'd learned to keep her celestial bronze knuckles with her at all times. She turned towards the noise, prepared to arm herself if necessary. The newcomer, apparently a male, didn't seem to be too aggressive. He even greeted her in a friendly enough manner. Perhaps not an enemy? She sized him up, trying to decide if he could pose any sort of threat to her. Taller than her, but that meant nothing. Not overly muscular. Needed a haircut. All in all, probably not too dangerous. "...Hello," she responded, politely enough.
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/9/2014, 5:09 am

The girl seemed nice. Though that is what I said about Tommy a few weeks ago. Then he beat the crap out of me. I ask, "Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/9/2014, 5:11 am

Invasive question. Warning sign. "I could ask the same of you."
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/9/2014, 5:14 am

OOC: XD, I forgot the I in his last name... oh well. Not gonna edit right now
I wonder if this girl had bad experiences with others before. I say, "I am Jordan. Though most people call me Applesauce."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/9/2014, 5:20 am

"That's... unusual." It also tended to be a warning when others gave out their personal information freely. It meant that they wanted you to reciprocate, and when someone wants something from you, it is rarely ever for simple, innocent reasons. Li-Mei reached a hand into her back pocket and slipped her fingers around her celestial bronze knuckles, preparing to put them on in a flash if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/9/2014, 5:23 am

I say, "Anyways, who are you?" I tend to at least know the first names of people. Even the campers I don't know, but have seen, I know the names of. That is why I have sources. However, I have never seen this girl.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/9/2014, 5:35 am

"Does it matter?" She glared at the boy in an attempt to get him to leave her alone. Males were generally untrustworthy, either because they saw you as an object or saw you as less than human, occasionally both. Growing up in a culture that emphasized the superiority of men enforced this idea. Especially when the monks had refused to teach her certain techniques simply because she was a girl, advanced her more slowly through classes even though she was so much better than the others... ugh. Her eyebrows furrowed in distaste of the memories.
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/9/2014, 4:11 pm

I said, "I guess it doesn't matter. But it would be nice to know." 
OOC: Once the monster attack begins, make it something that breathes fire.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/9/2014, 6:49 pm

OOC: DRAGON INTENSIFIES

BIC: Whatever. Li-Mei didn't have time to bother with this kid -- he was a child, she was at least three or four years his senior. She was about to tell him to piss off and then run along on her merry way, but a sudden yet subtle tremor ran through the ground. Concerned, she knelt down and pressed a hand to the earth. Another rumble, stronger, and then another. The shaking grew more violent and frequent, as if something very large was making heavy footsteps... and coming towards them. Something large enough to cause the soil to tremble, but not so large that it was knocking over trees... nimble enough to quickly run through the forest... A scorpion? A lion? Or perhaps something more exotic and dangerous. Li-Mei looked back at the kid. "I do hope you're armed."

Excellent timing! A Greek drakaina, a female dragon, burst forth into the copse. Like most Greek dragons, or drakons, she was wingless, but that didn't make her less dangerous. Fire glimmered behind teeth like daggers, and starlight shone against muddy brown scales that would take great skill to pierce.

The demigods were royally fricked.
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/9/2014, 6:54 pm

I see the dragon. I smirk and say, " Oh, I am armed. And fire is no problem." I think hard and activate my fire resistance power.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/9/2014, 7:24 pm

Li-Mei slipped her celestial bronze knuckles over her fingers and ducked behind a wide conifer. She was trained extensively to defend against and attack humans, but monsters... she had little experience with them. They had highly varied anatomy, they were clever in different ways from people... they were dangerous in a way that made a twisting sensation in Li-Mei's gut that couldn't have been fear. Badasses like her just didn't feel fear, right?

The drakaina lunged for Jordan, teeth flashing and claws extended. She was careful not to open her jaws too widely, as that would invite an opportunity for the pesky demigod to ram a sword through her unarmored palette.
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/10/2014, 1:51 am

I jump out of the way and quickly summon fire to my hands. I blast the dragon with the fire repeatedly, but realized it wasn't doing much. Instead I pull out my sword and make it burst into flames.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/10/2014, 2:06 am

The drakaina missed completely, and the force of her leap sent her lunging completely past Jordan. This provided an excellent opportunity to attempt to crush him with her tail, though. The sinewy appendage whipped through the air, on course to collide with the demigod's gut with enough force to send him flying.

The monster seemed pretty preoccupied with the boy. Li-Mei considered just leaving him to whatever fate, but that would be cowardly. With another deep breath, she emerged from behind the tree to get a proper view of the situation, and of the... dragon? The creature was heavily armored, and Li-Mei doubted it would be easy to punch a hole in its hide, even considering the fact that there were razor-sharp hooks on her weapons. The boy had a sword, which was much more suited to fighting such a- wait, was it on fire?
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/10/2014, 2:26 am

I walk through the forest and hear some fighting. Usually, I would let others fight, and then fight them. But today I felt special. I walked over to the noise and saw a boy and a girl. The boy seemed t be holding a sword that was on fire. And the girl, I admit, was actually kind of pretty. Despite the I-could-kill-you-in-an-instance vibe she gave off. Then I noticed the dragon. I thought I should probably kill it, but I wanted to see this girl's abilities. I stood behind a tree and watched.
I run towards the dragon and jump on top of it. I jab my sword into it and realize that it is doing nothing. I quickly get off and get away before I die.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/10/2014, 2:39 am

The drakaina roared, a sound that seemed to make the very air shake, and craned her neck to snap at the demigod on her back just barely too late to chomp him in half. Irritated, the monster turned herself around and looked at the other tasty snack demigod. She took a long stride towards Li-Mei, and opened her maw to release a stream of bright orange flames.

It was lucky that Li-Mei was a quick thinker during conflict, because she had to heavily improvise. She'd never trained to kill dragons. The second the creature opened her mouth and Li-Mei saw the flicker of fire surging up her throat, the half-blood took an extended forward roll (she could feel the intense heat of dragonfire barely a foot from her at one point, thank the gods she wasn't singed), springing to her feet just under the dragon's head. She used the momentum from rising to standing position to launch a powerful punch to the underside of the monster's jaw. No straightforward punch, even from Li-Mei, could dent a drakon's scales, but the monster hadn't been expecting such an odd maneuver, and so her mouth snapped shut from the force. Unfortunately for the poor drakaina, she accidentally bit half her tongue off in the process.

Another earth-shattering roar, this time of pain.
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/10/2014, 2:51 am

I walk her casually and say, "Do either of you two know how to kill this thing? Cause I do. Jordan, let me borrow your sword while you distraction this thing."
I throw Tommy my sword. After our fight a few weeks ago, I don't trust him. But he knew how to kill. So this was perfect for him. Then I began distracting the dragon.
I catch the sword and ran towards the dragon.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/10/2014, 3:11 am

Before Li-Mei could move completely out of the way, the drakon swiped at her with an angry claw, and clipped the left side of her hip. It was very lucky that the sharp edges of the talons missed her, and that the pad of the drakaina's foot was the part that slammed into her, but all the same it knocked her clean over and onto her side several feet away. The impact would leave a nasty bruise, but she was no stranger to pain.She fell with grace, though, and instantly rolled to her feet, prepared to dodge another attack. The next assault didn't come to her, though.

The drakaina charged towards the new attacker, Tommy, hurling her whole body at the demigod in an attempt to flatten him. Dark, gooey monster blood dripped from her slightly ajar jaw.
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/10/2014, 3:16 am

I side step and quickly get out of the way. As the drakon landed, I swiped the sword at its neck, leaving a nice cut. But no, of course this thing had to be hard to kill. I jumped on its back and yelled to The girl, "You, I need you to keep this think busy while I pry a scale off and then kill it."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/10/2014, 3:30 am

Li-Mei's brow furrowed. Why should she listen to this kid? Well, if she didn't, he'd probably get killed. Letting people die was wrong, no matter how irritating they might be. The dragon was reached over its back to bite the newcomer, so Li-Mei picked up the nearest throwable object from the ground -- a pinecone -- and chucked it at the monster. It wouldn't have had much effect if her aim hadn't been excellent, or if it hadn't of hit the monster square in the eye. The drakon roared again and made for Li-Mei, who artfully dodged out of the way of its snap. She glanced at that one kid from before, Jordan, who appeared to be entirely useless now. He didn't even have a sword anymore. "Hide or something," she shouted.
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/10/2014, 3:40 am

I say, "Good idea."
I start to pry off a scale.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/10/2014, 4:02 am

The drakaina was too preoccupied with Li-Mei to notice that there was still a demigod on her back. She kept trying to bite the nimble Chinese girl, but the half-blood was always just a little too quick for the cumbersome drakon. The monster tried to breathe fire on Li-Mei again, but the girl ducked behind another tree. It was lucky for the woods that the ground was covered in snow, or else the dragonfire would have caught the forest floor ablaze in no time. As it was, it melted wide swaths of ice. As soon as the creature closed her mouth again, cutting off the flames, Li-Mei jumped out and punched the monster square in the snout. Ow!
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/10/2014, 2:02 pm

I finally pry off a scale, revealing a nice spot of skin. I shove the sword into the skin.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime1/10/2014, 10:52 pm

The drakaina writhed in pain, and made the most horrible scream that Li-Mei had ever had the misfortune to hear. She grimaced and covered her ears in an attempt to protect her eardrums from the demonic chorus. Simultaneously, she took several steps back. The reason for this was that the drakon was sort of flailing all over the place as it melted into a show of sickly yellow dust. Poor Tommy, standing on top of the monster, could very well become squished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]   Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Absolutely no monsters here. [Applesauce]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next