Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Hospital

Go down 
+5
Rave Girl
Liz
Carrie Beary
Silly Lily
Shade
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

The Hospital - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/9/2013, 10:59 pm

Lee was feeling rather uncomfortable at the moment. He'd been with Cynder long enough that he practically experienced her pain as his own, and in this instance it was very odd. He walked along with the nurses, taking their lead as to where he needed to go. At one point, they stopped and made him super-clean his hands ajd get on all the stuff hospital clothes shit. They said Cynder would get changed later, after she met with a doctor.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/9/2013, 11:12 pm

It was getting progressively worse. At a point, Cynder just shut her eyes and held very still, trying to just ignore the pain away. She was trying, trying so hard, but the spasms of discomfort were feeling more like knife stabs in her lower belly now and she refused to make any sort of noise signaling how bad it was. She didn't notice when they stopped at a point for about a minute to do who-knew-what, or when they reached their final destination and the nurses asked her to get out of the wheelchair.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/10/2013, 12:18 am

Lee was so wrapped up in his own thoughts that he wasn't paying enough attention to Cynder. He had no way of protecting her from the random jabs of pain, and he'd never dealt with pain in the areas she was experiencing it. He noticed that Cynder hadn't talked in a while, and was a bit distressed over that. The Doctor came in, and Lee was a bit relieved to see that it was the demigod one, Dr. What. He did his exam-y thing, then He said it would be a while before Cynder would actually be giving birth, so Lee moved up closer next to Cynder on the bed, pulling up a chair.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/10/2013, 12:40 am

OOC: wow time totally passes so that we don't have to write childbirth hahahahha WOW THE BABIES ARE BORN NOW

BIC: Twins. Twins. Holy f#cking shit, twins. Unexpected, but great. Definitely good. Cynder loved them already, and she hadn't even seen them yet. There had been a scare when the mortal nurses had tried to take Cynder's body temperature, which would have resulted in a horrible panic, but the doctor had sent them away and sent for another doctor who was in the ER to replace them, a Martha something. Apparently also a demigod, or maybe just a mortal who knew the secret. In any case, there had been another frightening moment when the doctor (she couldn't remember which one) had thought that the first baby was stillborn because of its cold temperature. They'd both turned out that way -- it was probably the reason that they had actually been able to survive in a cold womb.
One of the doctors handed the female child, the firstborn, who was wrapped loosely in a small blanket, to Cynder, and the other doctor held the second, the male, out to Lee.
The babies were, of course, slightly gross-looking and pink and, again, gross, but they looked incredibly beautiful and precious to their mother.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/11/2013, 12:03 am

Lee was a bit disgusted by the entire birthing process, but wasn't planning on telling Cynder that, ever. When the first baby came out and looked all dead and was so cold, Lee had a moment of panic. What if, after all of this, Cynder really couldn't have kids? What if each baby she had would turn out like that? Then it was all figured out. The baby was fine. And thenz all of the sudden, there were two of them. Cynder had been carrying twins. Lee had only ever been this happy when he married Cynder. He had no way of describing or expressing the sheer force of emotion, and he ended up crying. He wasn't, in anyway, sad. He just didn't know what else to do. And then, finally, he got to hold his son. He and Cynder, his wife, had a son and a daughter. Lee wasn't searching for any kind of similarity in the little boy, but could still feel it. Before he'd even touched the baby he had an emotional connection he knew he could share with no one else. He took his babt carefully, all wrapped up in his blankets, and remembered the names he and Cynder had thought of. Ashton if it was a girl, Nicholas (Cole) if it was a boy. Well, now they had both. He held Cole in his arms and had the biggest smile on his face. He went over to stand by Cynder, grinning stupidly.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/11/2013, 12:56 am

The pure, simple happiness of being a new mother pushed away all the fears that had been plaguing Cynder's mind since the day they found out she was pregnant. Namely the question of how they would keep their children safe at camp with it being such a violent place. That didn't matter right now. What mattered was that she and Lee had two beautiful children. Cynder turned her head to look at Lee, who was still holding their son, Cole. He was smiling even more than Cynder was, which was a feat in and of itself.

Dr. Jones decided that it was a good idea to leave the new parents alone for a minute or two with their children, and conveyed this idea to Dr. What. She opened the door, not expecting at all for anyone to be standing precisely outside it. A tall, severe-looking woman with sharp features, and the most agonizingly piercing gaze she had ever been unfortunate enough to meet. "Can I help you?" she managed, barely keeping her cool.
"Yes, I'd like to visit the inma- ah, patient. And company." She smiled, revealing even teeth. "Do not deny me."
The woman was either a goddess or a monster. It was hard to tell. Dr. Jones stepped back a little so everyone inside the room could see the woman clearly enough. "Do any of you know this person?"
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/11/2013, 1:36 am

Lee was so caught up in the fsct that he had a child- no, TWO children- that he didn't feel recognize that he was feelinghis mmother's presence. It was kind of like a dull pain, one that you put off in the back of your head, but you still know the pain is there. It was akin to a mild itch. When Dr Jones asked if they knew her, Lee turned and looked at the door. He was still smiling stupidly, but he stopped when he saw the visitor. He placed himself between Cynder and his mother, not entirely sure what her motives were in being here. He also held Cole closer, and watched his mom's every move carefully. "Hello, Mom." He said, smiling a little. "What brings you here?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/11/2013, 4:17 pm

Oh, a mother. Goddess, then? Dr. Jones grabbed Dr. What by the arm and dragged him out of there. They did not want to be involved in whatever was about to go down.

Cynder blinked in surprise, and her entire body went tense. The arrival of Lee's mother was completely unexpected, though she supposed that it was infinitely better than her own godly parent deciding to pay a visit...

Odyne continued smiling and stepped into the room, then close enough to reach out and snatch Cole from Lee or Ashton from Cynder if she so desired. However, she was feeling nice today, and since she only wanted to look at the babies, not snatch them, she held her arms out to her son in a give me that thing you're holding gesture, expression expectant.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/12/2013, 12:11 am

While Lee loved his mother, the Greeks had a history of taking babies. So, before he handed over his baby, he said, "Mom, you know I love you and trust you, but before I let you hold him for a short period of time, would you please..." He took a moment to try and find a proper phrasing... "Swear on the River Styx that you will not, through action or inaction, cause any harm to my children." He didn't offer any negotiation. He was a father now, and that meant he had two more people to protect. He had to be cautious, even with his own mom.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/12/2013, 12:21 am

Odyne put a hand over her heart in mock offense. "What, you don't trust me?"

Not in the least, Cynder thought, but said nothing. If she pissed Odyne off, it would definitely lead to trouble, and she didn't want any of that at the moment. So she just held Ashton close, and tried to keep her raging suspicions from showing on her face.

The goddess looked from her son to his wife, and knew full well what she was thinking. She looked back to Lee, and decided that there wasn't much harm in giving the oath, since she had no ill intentions... for the moment. "I swear, on the river Styx, that I will not harm your children."
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/12/2013, 12:45 am

Lee heard the thunder crack, and was a bit relieved. He was still a little weary, but figured if she made the oath she had no malicious intent. Lee held his son for another few seconds before handing him over to Odyne. He made sure to clarify, "I'm not giving you my son. I'm just lettingbyou hold him for a little." Hopefully that left it so that shr couldn't pull some shit about him signing away his baby. Lee had to admit that he felt great when he saw his mom holding his son. He would not, however, feel the same if Thanatos showed up. Lee put three fingers to his heart in the old Greek tradition of warding off evil. Technically, Thanatos wasn't evil, but there was no harm in making the sign. Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/12/2013, 12:59 am

Odyne squinted at the pinkish creature she now held in her hands. "I remember when you looked like this," she mused, and considered holding the baby upside down for a second. No, that was a bad idea. It might even violate the oath she just made. Hmph. She held the baby back out to Lee, and her gaze moved the the baby girl. She wanted to hold that one, too. Assuming Lee was holding on to the baby now, she let go and reached out for the other twin.

Cynder didn't feel so great about handing her daughter over to Odyne, but, again, it would be very bad to make her angry. So she let the admittedly frightening goddess hold Ashton. Only for a minute or so, she told herself. She wouldn't permit her daughter to be out of the arms of one of her parents for long.

"I like this one more," Odyne declared, and grinned at the baby girl. This one was more like her. She handed the baby back to Lee's wife, whose name escaped her, and then decided to impart a bit of wisdom upon the happy couple. "Neither of them will live very long as-is, you know."
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/12/2013, 1:30 am

Lee watched his mother carefully. She seemed to view the babies as little toys rather than living creatures, and he wouldn't have been too surprised if she dropped one of them. She almost hadn't even waited for Lee to take hold of Cole before letting go, and Lee quickly held Cole to his chest. When Odyne moved on to Ashton, he wasn't sure whether to take her liking of his daughter as a good sign or a bad one. Amd then, of course, he had to give his mother the Bluntest Comment of the Year award. He knew that their smell; two demigods and two... well, technically, demigods, would be fairly strong. Even at camp they wouldn't be safe. Cynder and Lee had made many enemies, and Lee would not put it past them to abduct a child. He nodded sadly at what his mother had said. "Yes, I do. But Cynder and I can protect them. "
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/12/2013, 1:45 am

"Sure you can," Odyne rolled her eyes. "Your wife hasn't fought in at least, what, nine months? She'll be so far out of practice, it'll take months to get back to where she was. Do you think you can fight off everything by yourself until then, with all the enemies you have?"

Cynder didn't like this conversation, and her distaste for the way it was turning out was showing. She didn't want to admit that she was highly out of practice, but Lee was still strong enough to keep the family safe until she got back into the swing of things, right? And that shouldn't take too long if she worked hard...
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/12/2013, 1:53 am

Lee sighed. He never really felt like a child anymore, but being around his mother was just about the closest he got to it. She spoke to him like he still was a child, and he supposed in her eyes he would always seem to be, given the relative ages. Lee knew his mom was speaking the truth, but didn't understand why. He sighed. "What's your point, mom?" He asked, looking uo at her. He didn't want to concede that Cynder wasn't at her best, or that it was possible that he wouldn't be able to protect his family. He didn't want to think about it in case it ended up happening... whether it was someone taking or hurting his children, or hurting Cynder. He wouldn't be able to face that.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/12/2013, 2:00 am

"My points is that the two of you obviously need some help. And, luckily, Hebe happens to owe yours truly a favor. Since I'd rather not see the first grandchildren I've had in centuries be mangled horribly, I thought I'd do something nice.

Wait... Hebe? Goddess of youth? What was Odyne getting at here? "What do you mean, precisely?" she asked rather cautiously.

"Was I talking to you? Anyways, I figured I'd have her make the kids grow up a little faster. You know, so they can hold a sword and fight for themselves a bit earlier than normal, not be such a liability. You can thank me later." With that, the goddess turned to walk back out the way she'd come.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/12/2013, 2:20 am

Lee was, honestly, a little surprised at the notion of his children growing up quicker. While he didn't really want to miss parts of the whole child raising experience, it would ultimately have more pros than cons. He wasn't sure if his mom woukd go into details, but before she left, he said "Thank you... How fast, exactly?" it would be important information, especially if he wanted to teach them certain things before they reached certain ages. He also thought of different fighting styles he could teach them in, ones that were best taught from a young age. He'd have so much to do...
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/12/2013, 2:29 am

Odyne stopped and looked back. "Oh, hmm... I suppose you have two months before they're somewhere around nine. The acceleration will stop around then." And with that, she was out the door and gone.

Cynder let out a very un-Cynderlike squeak. TWO MONTHS?! They'd be growing so fast! The baby clothes and supplies they'd prepared would barely last a week, if that. And, and they'd need to learn quickly, be constantly taught how to speak and which colors were which and how not to impale themselves on sharp objects. Holy f#cking shit, this was going to be... challenging, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/12/2013, 3:12 am

Lee might have fallen over had his son not been inbhis arms. Instead, he sat down in the chair next to Cynder's bed. "You won't even be back to full health by then." He muttered, and looked down at his son. He didn't want to imagine it, but Lee coukd swesr he was already seeing his son change. He called for the doctor to come back in, and explained the situation. He didn't know what to do. At all. Would their kids be different, not having as many little- children memories? Would they be able to learn other things really quickly while they were developing quickly, like strategy and language and whatever else? He had no idea.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/12/2013, 3:20 am

What if they didn't develop mentally as quickly as physically? That would be... Cynder didn't know what that would be. But she would like her kids even if they did grow to be babies in the shapes of ten year olds. It would just make life a whole lot more difficult than it was turning out to be if that was the case. But if it could possibly keep Ashton and Cole alive, was this such a bad thing? It could turn out to be either a blessing or a curse, and Cynder felt like it could swing either way depending on how good of parents she and Lee turned out to be. She'd vowed long ago that she would never turn out like her own mother, so that wasn't a worry. It wouldn't be very hard to be a better parent than Ariana.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/12/2013, 4:03 am

The Doctor had taken a moment to work out sone calculations. He had to figure out how fast these babies would be growing to proceed any further. He worked it out to be 9 years in 2 months, 4.5 years a month, 1.125 years a week... The babies would be able to leave the hospital before Cynder had even recuperated from giving birth. Hades, they might not even have to be incubated. Then, Doctor What looked at the babies and realized the growing must not have started yet. With a sigh, he stood up to address Cynder and husband. "Look, these kids are going to grow crazy fast, but it doesn't look like it's all going to start until tomorrow, as they haven't had any perceivable changes yet. Now, I would recommend you stay in the infirmary at camp; they could get sick, and if they get sick, it could detriment years of their development. It'll be the same eith them getting hurt; I don't know how the magic applies, so you have to be careful. They're growing at a rate of about a year a week, or a little less than two months a day. They cannot be without their parents for more than an hour. And I mean both of you. They coukd think of you being gone for half their childhood if you run to town to get then clothes... which will be useless. You might as well not even bother getting then clothes, as they'll grow out of them almost immediately. I recommend you have someone bring you whatever you need so that you are not out of their sight. " The doctor finally finished, and sat down. That was a lot to say, and it was nothing that either of his training times- Camp or mortal- had prepared him for.

Lee had absolutely no idea how to respond. Two months every day? They woukd eat a meal and be a week older in the time it took them to chew a bite. They'd probably crawl, run,  and walk on the same day. Lee would have to train them in how to punch whike their arms were extending before their eyes. They'd wake up from a night's rest and be a month older. It was... ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/12/2013, 4:21 am

This was completely insane. What kind of childhood passed in a matter of weeks? Once the kids were old enough, would they resent the fact that they'd been forced to grow so quickly? Would they hate their parents for it? Cynder couldn't bear the thought of her beloved children disliking, let alone hating her. She and Lee would have to stay with the twins at all times, to make sure they weren't missed, and to make sure they missed nothing. And then there was the matter of getting someone else to fetch things for them. Who could they trust to do that? There was... Kasi, she supposed, but she hadn't seen Kasi in what seemed like years. They could always threaten to kill someone unless they ran errands, but there was the chance of them simply running off. She looked at Lee again, expression questioning. Did he have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/12/2013, 4:44 pm

Lee saw Cynder looked at him, asking him some question. Ideas for how to work this out, probably. He tried to think of who they could trust with this kind of thing. They didn't have very many friends, and Lee didn't trust most of his and Cynder's families. They could try Drake, but she would probably complain about it, or die in the city. Ugh, his kids were going to be about the same age as Drake. Fantastic. So, Drake wouldn't work. She wasn't dependable enough. Maybe Kasi? But Lee hadn't seen her around for a while, so maybe he couldn't rely on her. Who else? Who... else... Godsz did he really have to fall to that level. Lee sighed and looked into Cynder's eyes, letting his exasperation towards his following comment show. "Raf could do it." He said softly.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/12/2013, 5:36 pm

Oh, gods, was Raf their only choice? It could work: he could shadow-travel into places quickly, grab supplies, and get back as soon as possible. But Cynder didn't like the idea of depending on that idiot at all, and her distaste for the idea showed on her face. If using him would ensure that Ashton and Cole grew up properly with their parents, though, she supposed she could deal with it. "I guess," she replied with a small sigh.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime9/12/2013, 6:28 pm

Doctor What had waited a proper amount oftime, he presuned, so he cleared his throat and said "We need to take the babies to the ICU until they start growing tomorrow."

Lee looked over at The Doctor and frowned. He didn't want to give up his baby, but he figured it was necessary. He gave Coke a little kiss on the forehead and stood up, holding out his son to the doctor. The other Doctor, Dr. Jones, came in and walked over to Cynder. Lee went bacj over to Cynder as well. He thought about the implications of havingbRaf help them. Hopefully it didn't make Cole and Ashton think fondly of him...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital   The Hospital - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hospital
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Half Blood Mania :: Special Places :: Special Places :: New York-
Jump to: