Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Empty
PostSubject: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/24/2012, 1:24 pm

Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Jane_levy-580x296

r a c h e l ~|~ E L I Z A B E T H ~|~ d a r e
I m ~|~ A ~|~ l i t t l e ~|~ B I T ~|~ s h y | A ~|~ b i t ~|~ S T R A N G E ~|~ a n d ~|~ A ~|~ l i t t l e ~|~ B I T ~|~ m a n i c
o r a c l e ~|~ O F ~|~ d e l p h i

Rachel quickly walks into the cave that she inhabited while at camp, a content sigh escaping her lips. She hand't been to camp in quite a while, and she was happy that she was finally there. "Home, sweet home," she said with a slight chuckle as she sat down on the comfy leather couch that Apollo had insisted on her putting in there.

She chuckled as she remembered when she and Apollo had been trying to find stuff to decorate the cave and make it less gloomy looking. While Rachel wanted more down scale stuff, Apollo kept on insisting that Rachel get some of the fanciest things they could find, like the couch, for example. It should have been odd that a male had wanted fancier things than a girl had, but Apollo was a god. Rachel was just some rich businessman's daughter, and while they did have fancy things, Rachel always insisted on buying stuff from thrift stores. She never was one for fancy things.
Back to top Go down
http://tangerinemp3.tumblr.com/
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/24/2012, 1:40 pm

Nico appeared and looked around for Rachel's cave. He didn't plan on staying here long, but he did want to talk with Rachel for a little bit before he headed off to Camp Jupiter, or most likely back to the Underworld. Which ever he decided didn't matter to the Ghost King. He walked down the entrance and then silently walked in. "Hey, Rachel." He said when he saw her.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/24/2012, 3:31 pm

I m ~|~ A ~|~ l i t t l e ~|~ B I T ~|~ s h y | A ~|~ b i t ~|~ S T R A N G E ~|~ a n d ~|~ A ~|~ l i t t l e ~|~ B I T ~|~ m a n i c

Rachel looked up at the sound of the voice, somewhat started, but she smiles when she saw it was only Nico. "Hello, Nico!" the redhead said happily. She hadn't seen him in quite some time, and while she was curious as to where he'd been, she didn't want to appear overeager to get information from him. While Rachel wasn't one for manners, she did know it was rude, and she also knew she didn't enjoy it when people tried to pry information from her.

"Is there anything I can get you? Water? Coffee? Tea?" the green eyed girl asked Nico as she walked over to the kitchen area that she had set up. It wasn't much of a kitchen, just a fridge, a sink, a cupboard, and an electric kettle. Again, it wasn't much, but it was enough for Rachel when she could just eat at the mess hall with the other campers. She mainly just had the kitchen set up for when she would arrive from camp or doing something with her art group in the city, or maybe she had just given a prophecy and she needed a cup of coffee or some tea.
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/24/2012, 6:34 pm

"Some water's fine. Just stopping by to say hello and talk a bit."Nico said to her as he quickly found a place to sit. the lighting in the cave reflected off his pale, olive skin and gave him the ghost like appearance that comes with his title. 'The Ghost King,' he thought to himself, remembering how he took on that title and banished Minos to the Underworld. One of his...few abilities that make him so powerful. He recalled what he said to Percy after the Second Titanomachy was over, 'With great power, comes great need to nap.'
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/24/2012, 7:56 pm

Rachel nodded once as she grabbed a glass from her cupboard, then filled it with water. She walked back over to her chilling area and set the glass of water down in front of the boy, and then sitting down on her couch. "How have you been?" she asks the boy as she studies him. He had changed quite a bit over the time he had been gone. His hair was longer, he looked older, and, if possible, his skin looked even paler than it was. She wasn't sure if he had gained any weight or if he was skinnier than last time, because her memories of how he looked last time she had seen him were a bit blurry, but he still did look like he could use some weight. He was awfully skinny for a boy his age.

Another thing she noticed was how much the title the Ghost King fit him. When she first saw him, he just looked like a kid; a kid who had seen a lot, mind you, but still just a kid. Then there was the whole Minos stuff, which did freak her out, but even after that he still looked like a kid. Now, though, she could almost see the power radiating from him. It was almost frightening, knowing how powerful he was, but she reminded herself that Nico was a friend, and friends don't try and hurt each other.
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/24/2012, 8:08 pm

Nico listened to her question and then his mind shot to Camp Jupiter and the daughter of Pluto that was there. His half-sister, Hazelle. The only thing that got him close enough to feeling like he still had Bianca and she wasn't gone forever. He recalled how bad he felt when he heard the news of how she had chosen to be born again into a new life and how he would never see her again, nor would she remember him if she did. But then he found Hazelle in the Fields of Asphodel and felt how she was a daughter of his father's Roman counterpart. He immediately recognized that she could remember everything leading up to her death and her time here, he saved her from the Underworld and brought her to Camp Jupiter, knowing she deserved a second chance to make things right. He always made a trip back to Camp Jupiter to see how she was doing, before heading back to the Underworld to do whatever his father needed him to do.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/25/2012, 7:07 pm

Rachel raised an eyebrow at Nico when he didn't answer her question. She had asked it a bit ago, and, well, she was kind of impatient. She didn't say anything about it, though, not really wanting to pry. She knew how annoying it could be when people pry, and, to be completely honest, she was a bit afraid that Nico might go all 'big three' on her if she pried, so she didn't. Instead, she waited with a single eyebrow raised.

She supposed she should be able to tell, but, well, she was the Oracle, not some fortune telling gypsy. The power of the prophecy didn't allow her to see very far. She could only see into the future when she was asked a question, and even then, she couldn't remember what had happened after. She supposed it was a kind of crummy power, but hey, it got her a ton of respect, didn't it? Plus, she got to stay in that posh cave, which was way cooler than you would think if someone told you, "Oh, I live in a cave." It was more like someone telling you, "Oh, I live in the coolest place ever, it just happens to be inside a cave."
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/25/2012, 7:53 pm

Nico continued running through the same memory cycle for a few minutes now. But suddenly he blinked and shooke his head, remembering where he was. "Oh, Sorry, Rachle." He said after looking up and seeing where he was. He took a large gulp of the water, and then turned his head back to her. "What was it you asked again?" He asked, having forgot what she said in the flood of memories.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/25/2012, 9:15 pm

"It's fine," the redhead says. "How have you been?" She repeats the question with a pleasant smile, feeling a bit odd. The smile just feels out of place, so she stops smiling the way she had been. It was just, well, creepy and not Rachel. It was what they had been trying to get her to do at Clarion Lady's Academy, and she made herself promise she would never end up like the girls on the brochures. Those gir;s were just downright scary.

Then there were the actual students. The students at the school made Kelli the empousa look like a nice day at the beach. The girls acted like complete robots around the teachers or any other supervisor. When the adults left the room, they started gossiping, talking about guys, and all of that stupid girly stuff that Rachel had felt she was obliged to leave behind when she became the Oracle. If she was meant to give up men, didn't that mean she would have to give up looking tempting to men, too? She wasn't sure, but it seemed like a fair deal to her. Give up men and all seductive things in order to give heroes prophecies to go on quests seemed just great to her.
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/25/2012, 9:43 pm

Nico thought about his answer for a minute. He knew, from Lupa and his Father, that he doesn't need to say anything about Camp Jupiter to the residents in Camp Half-Blood. And that, unfortunately, included Rachel. Nico knew from experience that Rachel could be trusted, but he didn't want his father angry with him, and he didn't need to expose the other camp. Fianlly he let out a sigh and then said, "I've been ok. Mostly been in the Underworld helping my father with stuff like that, and then coming here from time to time."

He hated that answer so much, cause it was really the truth, but it wasn't the whole truth that he wished he could tell her about. Rachel was an ok person, she was a great oracle, and she was a good friend. But here he was keeping secrets from her, and everyone in camp.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/26/2012, 5:58 pm

Rachel was thoroughly convinced that Nico was keeping something from her, but, again, she didn't want to pry. "I've been here, although I have had to go to Clarion Lady's Academy. It's complete torture," Rachel said in an exasperated tone as she ran a hand through her hair.

She was very grateful to be at camp. She couldn't stand wearing dresses, flats, and having her hair done up all pretty. She hated having to bear the other girls' gossip, and the teachers were just dreadful, but the lessons on etiquette were by far the worst. They advised the girls to keep their feelings hidden and discuss them in private, to sit 'pretty', and to be kind and gentle. Then there were the dancing lessons. It felt odd to Rachel when she had to dance with a girl, and she would have to dance the male's part in order for the other girl to learn, but at the end of her first year at the school, they had a ball. Not a dance, an actual ball. The boys from a nearby school came over, and they had to dance. Rachel was even afraid that dancing with a boy would be too much for her vow and that Apollo would vaporize her on the spot, or, even worse, make her go crazy like Luke's mom, but nothing happened, luckily.
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/27/2012, 8:29 am

Nico sat in silence thinking about what he knew of the Clarion Lady's Academy. It wasn't much knowledge though, cause he never gave a care about an all girl school with stuck up brats that made up the majority of the student body. He tried to imagine Rachel being apart of a school like that, but he just couldn't see it. Rachel was free spirit that loved to paint, and was the Oracle for something that shouldn't even be real. She just wasn't the type of girl that Nico could picture being posh and proper. "Must be worse then a night in the Fields of Punishment." Nico said offhandedly as he continued trying to figure out how Rachel would ever fit in with a bunch of little pricks.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/27/2012, 5:40 pm

"Oh, gods, you have no idea," Rachel groans as she clutches her head. "After the first few times I told people that I didn't have a crush on any guy, they all assumed I was lesbian and started spreading all these rumours." She rolls her eyes as if to say, 'Can you believe how dumb they are?' It wasn't too far from what she was thinking, though, not that it bothered her. She liked being obvious and easy to read, because it was so out of character for the Oracle. Oracles are usually cryptic and mysterious, where as Rachel was like an open book. Even Apollo agreed that it was an amusing change.
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/27/2012, 8:36 pm

Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Actor-asian-black-hair-black-shirt-boy-korean-Favim.com-68588
☞Nico di Angelo☜
’With great power….comes great need to nap.’
Son of Hades
‘Ghost King‘

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Nico sighed at what she said, and ran his hand through his dark, black hair. "What is wrong with people these days. Gods they are so annoying." He said as he though about all the trouble that Rachel has been given by those stupid girls at that dumb Academy. "Why is it that you even go there again?" He asked her calmly, trying to remember why she outs up with all the trouble.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/28/2012, 6:46 pm

"I made a deal with my dad," Rachel said as she ran a hand through her hair. "I could come back to New York during the time of the war because I knew something was going on, but I had to go to Clarion in order to come back." Rachel sighed, knowing that making that deal was necessary to her becoming the Oracle, but thinking it was stupid nonetheless. While she didn't like Clarion, she would go there for an eternity just to be a part of Camp, because it felt like people just got her there. She didn't have to explain herself like she normally did, and she didn't have to do anything special, other than delivering prophecies when the time was right. She just simply was when she was at camp, and it felt nice to just be herself for a bit without any expectations.
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/28/2012, 8:41 pm

Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Actor-asian-black-hair-black-shirt-boy-korean-Favim.com-68588
☞Nico di Angelo☜
Son of Hades
‘Ghost King‘

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

"Now I understand. Life just wouldn't of been the same for you if you hadn't been there. Especially now that you are the Oracle....and you're excepted as the person you are here..." Nico said but owered his voice a bit on the last part. He remembered the feeling of exceptance that washed over him after the second war ended, heck he was the one that lead the construction of Cabin 13, but he always just felt like something about him being here was....well in a word he felt wrong whenever he was here. Like he wasn't meant to be in this place. The only place he felt comfortable in was the Underworld. It's mostly why he's always away from the camp.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/29/2012, 10:44 pm

With a shrug, Rachel said, "It's not that bad, really. I can tolerate school because everyone thinks I'm a freak and they leave me alone, and then I come here and I can go full out weird, and nobody cares. I like it." Rachel smiled slightly as she thought about it, wishing she could stay at camp year round. While Clarion wasn't too bad due to the other girls' ignoring her, it was nice to have people paying attention to her, too. Not too many people, of course, but people who weren't teachers or snobby girls who were trying to be rude to her.
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/29/2012, 11:36 pm

☞Nico di Angelo☜
Son of Hades
‘Ghost King‘

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Nico sighed. "At least you are happy." He said with a light, sincere smile. He sighed again and got up getting ready to go. " I wish I was excepted here like you are. Maybe I would be around here more...but I just don't feel right here, not like in the Underworld." He said to her calmly.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime3/31/2012, 10:57 pm

Rachel frowned and said, "Well, I'm sure we'll figure something out. Right?" Rachel tried to smile reassuringly, although she wasn't sure how effective it was. She never had been all that great at reassurance, but that didn't mean she couldn't try. Besides, Nico was her friend, and she wasn't going to let him go on like this, now, was she?
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime4/2/2012, 6:36 pm

☞Nico di Angelo☜
Son of Hades
‘Ghost King‘

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Nico shrugged. "I don't know, Rach. I just don't feel right here. I mean, I know that I belong here, but I feel like I don't belong here at the same time. If that makes any sense at all, cause I don't even know anymore." He said to her and held his head as it started to throb from thinking about what he knows, and what he feels. ANd it wasn't just how he felt about being here, he felt this way whenever he was at Camp Jupiter as well because he knew that everytime he left, he was leaving Hazel behind. The only sister he had left, since Bianca had died. He still felt a pang of hurt in his gut whenever he thought of his sister and how she had died.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime4/2/2012, 6:42 pm

"Well, we'll hopefully figure something out," Rachel said with a slight sigh. She liked Nico, she truly did, but sometimes he was just a bit, well, a bit too heavy. In fact, Rachel was sure she hadn't seen him smile once. Having the only family you had left probably left you pretty messed up, not that Rachel would know. Nothing like that had ever happened to her before, except for the time her hamster died, but that didn't really count as a family member, and it could never compare to what Nico had been through. Rachel could relate to not having a good relationship with your dad, and she knew that Persephone didn't like Nico that much. While Rachel didn't get along with her parents, her parents weren't gods, and she was sure that made a big difference.
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime4/3/2012, 2:00 am

☞Nico di Angelo☜
Son of Hades
‘Ghost King‘

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Nico shrugged and sat back down. "Yeah, hopefully..." He muttered and then looked around the cave. He thought breifly about his sister, Bianca, and how bad of a grudge he had against Percy for the time. But he got over it after he talked to Bianca for the last time. He was devistated when he heard that she had chosen to go through life a second time. He got over it though when he met Hazel, cause he felt that he had a second chance to have a good brotherly relationship with someone, even if that person was a roman. Well he way Nico saw it, Roman or not, Hazel was his sister and he was going to be there for her as best as he could. After a few minutes of silence he shook his head and turned back to Rachel, "Nice home you got here, Rachel. Well temporary home, but a home all the same." He said to her.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime4/10/2012, 6:54 pm

Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Tumblr_m22e1khoU61rn8ihg

With a laugh, Rachel said, "Gods, you have no idea how long it took to get it to look like this. I had to somehow get the stuff here from the stores, and then move certain things out of my room to here without my parents noticing." Rachel smiled at Nico. She had always felt strangely attached to him, possibly because he seemed like such an outcast, especially with his family. If there was anything that Rachel could understand, it was family problems. She had enough of those, but Nico seemed like he had even more of them than her. It seemed awfully likely, anyways, seeing as his mom and sister were dead, his step-mom was a goddess, and his dad was a god.

"You know, if you ever do want to stay at camp, but you don't feel like seeing anyone, you could always sleep on the couch here. It's actually very comfortable." Rachel felt like she could relate to Nico in a way. A lot of the time she wanted to be away from home, but not around anyone, either. That wasn't much of a problem anymore, seeing as she had camp to go to now, and she could always hide away in her cave, but it was a problem for her before. Ever since she had first met Percy, she would go over to his house when she got sick of her family, but she never had anything to do before that. Nico, though...He didn't seem to have a lot of options.
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime4/13/2012, 11:41 pm

☞Nico di Angelo☜
Son of Hades
‘Ghost King‘

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Nico looked up at her and gave her a light smile. "Thanks, Rachel. I appriciate the offer." He said to her and meant every word of it. He was always somewhat suprised by how well he was able to connect to Rachel, compared to most people. While he knew that she couldn't understand the feeling of loss that he felt when Bianca died, he knew that in a way she and him were more a like then most people. Aftera minute or two he yawnedand realized that it was much later then he had thought. He looked aroundand then arched his back and felt it pop. "Yeah I think I'll takeyou up on that offer to stay the night." He said to her.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime4/17/2012, 5:41 pm

Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Tumblr_m22e1khoU61rn8ihg

Rachel smiled then, a true, genuine smile. "I'll go get you a blanket and a pillow," she said as she got up to go get them from her closet.

It actually wasn't much of a closet, but it was still good enough. Basically, she put shelves in one section of the cave and covered the area with a hanging curtain, so it wouldn't look too obvious. She usually kept some canned food in there, extra clothes, extra blankets, sheets, and pillows. Even though she was the Oracle, she didn't know everything that was going to happen.

Pulling the hanging curtain open, she reached in and grabbed the least, well, girly of her blankets and pillows. They weren't all that girly, but most of them were pretty colourful and had spots. The pair she deemed the least girly was a plain, dark blue blanket and a matching pillow, although she would prefer it if they didn't match. She didn't want to seem like one of those people who had to have everything perfect and matching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave   Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rachel's Chill Area In Her Cave
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next