Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Empty
PostSubject: A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah}   A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Icon_minitime7/7/2012, 3:03 am

A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Boy-cute-emo-hair-perfect-Favim.com-129515_large
~Shawn Richarrn - Deimos~
I walked down the dark, crummy street of Manhatten, with my cane in hand. It was around midnight and I had no idea where I was going, I had gotten kicked out of a Starbucks for, as they claim, 'loitering though I'd use that term very loosely. I guess they just needed a reason to have me leave before closing time. Anyways I continued walking, my goal was to end up at my apartment soon, but it just seemed like I was getting "lost" and exploring the sh*t-filled street of New York City. It was a pretty dirty street, the smell was mildly horrid by my standings and the place obvious didn't get visited by the street sweepers weekly. But I wasn't going to act like some snobbish sir and looked disgusted as I walked, instead I just kept a calm face and continued walking.
I moved my neck from side to side and listen to the joints pop as the bones moved. I then walked over near a building and stood near the wall, adjusting my beats so they wouldn't scrape up against the back of my neck so much. I need to buy some new ones some, or just buy something for them that won't make them so irritating. I then moved my right wrist around a little to loosen it up, it was getting stiff from holding onto my cane for awhile. I then sighed and placed the back of my head against the wall and closed my eyes, sighing deeply and letting the quiet sounds of Skrillex fill my sore ears.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah}   A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Icon_minitime7/7/2012, 9:47 pm

the worst things in life come free to us.
Damaris stepped out of her taxi after paying the driver. She sighed as she looked up into the familiar smoggy sky, reaching her hand into her pocket to pull out her pack of cigarettes. Damaris hadn't had a smoke in a week, nor had she had a drink or anything else that she normally had. It was driving her crazy, because she liked things that way. But then that stupid camp came in and messed everything up.

With a sigh, Damaris pulled her lighter out of her pocket and lit the cigarette, then placed it between her lips, taking a deep drag. It helped clear her mind a bit, but not that much. Not as much as...other things might, but it was the best she could get, so Damaris was fine with it.

Silently, Damaris walked through the massive crowds of people. She didn't care that she was bumping into people, Damaris felt like she was as close to home as possible. She was positive her apartment hadn't been knocked down or something, so she could crash there. It's not like that her absence would be noticed or something. There were so many other campers to look after that one measly missing camper wouldn't make any difference.

So Damaris decided she'd spend the night in the city, possibly 'working' so she could get something to help her survive at camp and money to drive back before she did get noticed, because who knows, someone might have been paying attention to the fact that he existed. She somewhat doubted it, though. Damaris went out of her way to go unnoticed.

Back to top Go down
http://tangerinemp3.tumblr.com/
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah}   A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Icon_minitime7/7/2012, 10:02 pm

A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Boy-cute-emo-hair-perfect-Favim.com-129515_large
~Shawn Richarrn - Deimos
I opened my eyes slightly as I heard the slowly increasing volume of New York's finest species, the humans. I studied a few passing by slowly then other, regardless they all seemed to be in a hurry, a few in business suits, a few in casual clothing, a few in ridiculous ghetto drab. I then fully pried my eyelids open and took a deep inhale of the Manhattan smog. Crappy of course, but I was used to the crappy lifestyle, I was a waiter after all. I made a small chuckle at the quick, funny thought that passed through my head and continued listening to my music. I studied a few more people as they passed by, a business shmuck, a horrible dressed middle-age women, and a girl with pink hair. She looked old, I had a feeling she was my age, but she just had a rugged kind of look to her that made her old in appearence. She had a cigarette in hand and just seemed to stand out from the crowd from the way I was looking at her. Maybe it was the pink hair, or maybe it was just because she just didn't seem to walk the same way the rest of the busy crowd did, it was a weird way of looking at it, but I didn't put her much into my thoughts. I then pulled out my music player and started skimming through various songs I had on shuffle, hopefully I'd find a decent song to listen to right now.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
officer, i just want you to know that i'm not like other girls; i'm cute and quirky
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah}   A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Icon_minitime7/7/2012, 11:27 pm

Damaris had averted her gaze down to her feet, and she didn't notice that someone walking in the opposite direction was right in front of her until the bumped into eachother. "Hey, watch where you're f***ing going, b***!" she heard a high pitched voice, and Damaris looked up from where she had landed on the ground to see a girl with blonde hair in a high ponytail. She towered over Damaris, which could be because Damaris knocked over onto the pavement. That, or the fact that she was wearing ridiculous stilettos, but whatever.

"Sorry," Damaris muttered, thankful she had her cigarette in her mouth instead of in her hand, because she was sure that it would have fallen if she didn't have her lips pressed tightly around it. The girl scoffed and stalked off.

Luckily enough for Damaris, the people had half the mind to walk around her instead of over her, although a few people did step on her hands occasionally. With a sigh, she pulled herself up off the ground and started walking off in some aimless direction. Damaris actually preferred the view from the ground, but she couldn't sit there all day.

Damaris didn't really care where she ended up. She just wanted to get away from the stifling aura of camp, the feeling that she was being watched. Even though she knew that not many people had noticed her, seeing as she hardly interacted with anyone there.

Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah}   A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Icon_minitime7/8/2012, 12:38 am

I yawned quietly as I continued watching people pass by. I had noticed that the pink-haired girl had been pushed over and was being cursed out by some little girl. Oh...poor little darling being harassed, well almost everyone in this city got harassed at one point every day. But I still felt a little bad for the chick, her hands were getting stepped on and everything. Eventually she got back up and walked off through the crowd, still managing to stand out through my eyes.I decided to get up and started walking that direction she was heading, not because I wanted to follow her, but because my apartment just happened to be in that direction, I'm not a stalker you know...silly readers. Anyways, I slipped my hood on and headed down the street, managing to slide through everyone in my way and not bumping into anyone at all, I was quite agile like that you know, probably from that small amount of training I had gotten at Camp...
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah}   A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Icon_minitime7/8/2012, 11:34 pm

The area started to become more and more familiar to Damaris as she got to areas of the city that she knew. Nothing had changed, but then again, it had only been a week since she left. It felt like longer to Damaris, probably because she wasn't used to living life the way she had to at camp.

Damaris stopped as she recognized one of the corners where she used to sit and sell magazines. It was one of her favourite places in the city, actually. It was right infront of a giant coloured glass window, but it was set in so the rest of the wall stuck out around it. It was an ideal place for when it was raining, because she could stand under the wall and stay dry there.

She stood in the shade of the building for a second, almost smiling - almost, but not quite - before she started walking again. Damaris had no idea where she was headed. Yeah, the area was looking really familiar now, and she knew she had to be close to her apartment, but she wasn't necessarily going there. Unless she was, in which case she wasn't going there on purpose. She was just going wherever her feet took her.

Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah}   A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Icon_minitime7/9/2012, 3:17 pm

I continued walking with the crowd, hands in my pockets and hood over my head. My apartment was only a few blocks away now, but for some reason I didn't feel like actually going to it. It was strange, but I felt as though I should just keep on walking, it was that kind of feeling a person might get when something fun might happen, but for me, I didn't get that feeling much, so I just felt as though I just wanted to walk.I occasionally noted the appearance of that one girl with the pink hair, I didn't follow her, or kept looking at her, I was just walking in the same crowd as her. It was weird...but I didn't think much of it then, so the walking continued.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah}   A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Icon_minitime7/11/2012, 9:52 pm

Damaris stopped when she saw a bench, then sat down, simply people watching. She was starting to realize she was walking towards her apartment, and she didn't really want to go there. Not yet, at least. Not until she figured out whether or not she was just going to the city for the day, or if she was actually staying. She was an adult by the law, anyways. She couldn't be forced to stay at camp if she didn't want to.

'Well, they probably could. What with all the weapons they have,' Damaris thinks, but she shrugs it off. She'd probably rather be dead than forced to stay at that camp without her...stuff. Yeah, stuff sounded like a better name for it than what it really was.

After looking around a bit, Damaris noticed a boy who she had seen quite a bit. She would be lying if she said she wasn't suspicious of him. There was just something...off about the boys appearance. It wasn't easily noticeable, but it was there in the way he walked. In the way he carried himself. Damaris had no idea just what it was, but she knew there was something different about him.

Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah}   A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Icon_minitime7/11/2012, 10:41 pm

I continued walking down the street at a slower pace now. I kind of winced in pain as I felt a sharp jab in my thigh. It was god forsaken leg acting up again, this hadn't happen in a while so the pain was always shocking. I slowly made my way to the side of the path, people were start to shove their way past me so I didn't want to get knocked over while my leg was acting up. I found a bench nearby and made my way over, sitting down slowly and not making notice of the girl sitting down on the other end. I closed my eyes and sucked in a sharp gust of air quietly, gripping on my cane with both of my hands. I then started breathing slowly to try and sooth my pain a little...though it wasn't helping that much. I felt the palm of my right hand tingle with pain for gripping onto my cane for too long, but I managed to ignore it and continued my slow breathing.
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah}   A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Icon_minitime7/15/2012, 1:48 am

Damaris mildly takes notice of the boy she had seen from earlier sitting down on the bench, and holy sh** he has a cane. It wasn't exactly something Damaris was expecting. He looked about Damrais' age, and people Damaris' age typically don't have canes.

Despite her curiosity, Damaris rested her cheek on her hand and stared out into the traffic. She kind of liked sitting next to a complete stranger, because he knew absolutely nothing about her. He didn't know about how Damaris used to be Emily and he didn't know anything about Emily, nor did he about Damaris. It was pretty nice, actually. Really nice.

She liked the loud noise and the fact that there were so many people just moving around that they couldn't bring themselves to care about this pink-haired stranger. They didn't know about her problems, they didn't see a problem child. They just saw a regular teenager, possibly a bit of a rebel. She was nothing new to the city streets. They had seen Damaris' type before, the type who did a job that basically endangered her health just so she could fuel an addiction. And yeah, that wasn't exactly a good thing, but it was comforting to know that she was in a place she could just possibly call home. Because there was no way she was calling that stupid camp her home, not even her house.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah}   A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Icon_minitime7/15/2012, 5:18 am

I breathed slowly as I felt the pain leave suddenly without warning. I kind of chuckled a little as it went away, the fact that the pain would just appear out of nowhere with such excruciating force and then suddenly leave without it dulling at all always humored me. I rubbed my leg for a brief moment, to try and relieve the tensing in it, and then went back to slouching on the bench. I glanced over and now noticed that the girl with pink hair was sitting on the other end of the bench. I had just seen her glance away, she must have heard me while my leg was in pain or something, or maybe she noticed my cane, I guess that would be an brow' raiser.

I looked around at the street, watching people and cars alike speed by. Everyone was moving so fast it felt like some kind of magical moment. Like everything around me was sped up and I was watching the day fly by. It was one of those moments one could only experience in a big city like New York...it was really relaxing really. my eyes flickered back over to the girl and I made a random smile. It wasn't anything big, it was one of those smiles you flash to a stranger, kind of friendly, instinctive, kind of like you're compelled to do it. Smiles like these kind of made me feel a little more positive through out the day...kind of strange. It's just a shame that most people in this city "don't have the time" to acknowledge something simple like that and return the favor. But I guess some people are actually busy...but you never know...
Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah}   A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Icon_minitime7/25/2012, 6:09 pm

Damaris simply raised an eyebrow at the boy, definitely not feeling like smiling, or waving, or doing any kind of formality. Formalities just weren't her thing.

Sighing, Damaris reached to where she normally kept her bag, but she realized she had left it at camp. "F***," she muttered. All of her stuff was at camp. The little bit of money she had left, her personal CD player, her CD's, her makeup, anything of importance to Damaris. Well, besides her cigarettes and her lighter. And not having her makeup could be a serious problem if she chose to try to get money that night, because she knew she wasn't the most attractive woman ever, which definitely wouldn't help.

Damaris looked around, tapping her foot on the pavement. She could always go back to her apartment and use the makeup she had left there. She had other clothes there, too, and a bed, and a computer. Although the computer was insanely slow, a computer was a computer, and she could check for news and other things. Get back in touch with the outside world. But there was still no one to get in touch with, no one to email or call or anything, really. Damaris supposed she should feel lonely, but she didn't. She was okay with not having anyone to talk to, so long as she could just manage to get by. It was a fair trade for her. She could get by living the way she did and she didn't have any nagging friends who constantly checked in on her, or any bothersome family.

Damaris heaved another sigh and dropped her cigarette onto the pavement. She stared up at the tall skyscrapers that made up New York City's skyline. Damaris had been inside of half of them. They were nowhere near as fancy on the inside as they looked on the outside. Most of them had broken lifts. There were rats living in the walls, water stains on the carpets, cracked windows, all sorts of things. It was pathetic, really. She had spent the beginnings of her life imagining living in one of those apartments, and then she spent the rest hating them because they were so f***ing deceiving. Making people think that there was something beautiful and extravagant inside of them, when, really, they were just as awful as the places that looked awful outside.

Damaris decided that if she were governor of New York, she'd tear down each and every one of those disgusting buildings, possibly even with the scum that lived there still inside.

From somewhere behind her, Damaris heard a low whistle. "Well, well, well," the voice said, and it sounded dangerously close to her ear. Low, gravely, obviously male. Probably a smoker, Damafris could recognize the sound of one anywhere. Not to mention the smell of cigarette smoke that clung to him, as it did with her. "What's a girl like you doing out here by herself? Don't you have a boyfriend or something?"

Most girls would probably find something like that flattering, but Damaris had had enough guys hit on her in her life to know not to show any signs of flattery to his attempt at flirting. It would only encourage him more, and, well, Damaris didn't want that. She didn't offer any...services during the day.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah}   A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 10:09 am

~Shawn Richarrn - Phobos~

My eyes wandered over to the girl again after hearing a gruff, masculine voice come from her direction nearby. There was a man, he appeared to be in his late twenties, standing behind her now. His overall appearance made it obvious that he was just another nobody scumbag from this part of town; dirty blue jeans, a plaid, button-up shirt with a wife-beater undershirt underneath, and a slightly crunched up cigarette in his hand. He appeared to also have some alcohol splashed on the chest of his shirt, though that might have just been his own sweat stained onto it. Either way the guy's atmosphere was screaming 'D*uchebag' and I knew that he was going to lead to nothing but trouble. He was speaking to the girl, his disgusting voice was making me frown a little, and was attempting to flirt with her. It was a casual pick-up line, but I knew that only the gutter-trash that lived around here would fall for that line instantly, and the girl didn't look like she was from around here.

She looked somewhat amused by the man's words, but the look on her face told me that she wasn't one to be flirted with right now. Any normal person would've just ignored what was going on right there, but I was more thoughtful. I knew how people like the creep would react if things didn't lean to their pleasure, so I knew how negative this dilemma could become if she was left alone to deal with the man. I didn't immediately get up to defend her, the though had come to my mind, but I didn't want to play cliche hero. I continued sitting there, watching the conversation. I had my hands on my cane, something to use in case things did go downhill quickly.

Back to top Go down
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)

PostSubject: Re: A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah}   A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Icon_minitime8/18/2012, 3:10 pm

His voice much lower, the man said, "look, wh**e, i know what you do. my friend told me about you, and you're coming over to my place now."

damaris didn't miss the slightly threatening tone to the man's voice. still, she remained silent. she'd only speak if she had to, she had learned that much from dealing with people like him. if they keep threatening, punch them and run. damaris wondered if she had her can of pepper spray on her, but then she remembered that she had left her bag at camp. 'sh**,' she thought. she'd just have to hope for the best.

"I said now!" the man growled, his voice becoming slightly more threatening. He grabbed Damaris' arm, attempting to yank her off of the bench, but she pushed his hand off of her arm, refusing to move. She wasn't going anywhere with him. Later, sure. She needed the money. But now? Hades no. She couldn't imagine a single situation that would make her want to follow this man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah}   A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah} Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Random Street in New York {Private Topic, So Yeah}
Page 1 of 1