Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sparring partners. [private to Liz]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ML
Demi-Titan
ML

Sparring partners. [private to Liz] Empty
PostSubject: Sparring partners. [private to Liz]   Sparring partners. [private to Liz] Icon_minitime7/1/2013, 12:39 am

Sparring partners. [private to Liz] Tumblr_m6pn752wpo1r4kfic
Callisto Noel Bates
Daughter of Gaea
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Callisto slowly climbs off of her bunk, and makes her way to her dresser. Opening the drawers she reaches around inside of them until she has underwear, shorts, and a tee shirt. Quickly she changes out of her pajamas and into the more comfortable clothing. Bending down she feels around for her shoes. Grasping them, she picks them up and sets them in her lap. She then puts them on and ties them one at a time.

Standing up, Callisto checks to make sure she has her sword. She then slowly makes her way out of the cabin. Using her ability to feel vibrations in the earth, and her knowledge, Callisto finds her way to the Sword Fighting arena. She makes her way to the middle of the arena, where her class is starting together.

Callisto turns her head towards the instructor and listens to him give the instructions of what they are doing. Today they are supposed to be sparring. Hm this should be fun. Even though she is blind, Callisto can still sense movement, so she can fight. And she's not terrible at fighting either. She's actually really good for a blind girl.

"Callisto and Samuel"the instructor says out loud. Samuel, eh? She hasn't had him for a partner yet. This might actually be fun. She's not entirely sure though. Callisto then stands there waiting for Sam to come and find her. Obviously she isn't able to do it herself, as she can't see. Tapping her foot, Callisto waits for her partner.

Sensing someone, approach her and then stop Callisto stops tapping her foot. She then turns her head to face them. Her eyes though stare off in the distance past him. "Well it's about time. Let's get started"she says to him, using an annoyed tone.

Callisto

Last edited by ML on 7/8/2013, 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Sparring partners. [private to Liz]   Sparring partners. [private to Liz] Icon_minitime7/1/2013, 1:26 am

Sparring partners. [private to Liz] Tumblr_m8ynbuVaBH1rci5qeo1_500
Samuel Windsor
son of aphrodite

It had kind of been a bad morning for Sam. 

First, he'd woken up late. The alarm on his (camp-illegal) iPhone had gone off, but he'd just kept automatically pressing the snooze button and before he knew it, half an hour had passed and he'd had to throw off of his pajama bottoms and throw on a pair of shorts. He threw off his t-shirt- who needs that while sparring?- and replaced it with an open plaid shirt, which would probably come off by the end of the morning. He scarfed down one of the Luna bars he'd stolen from the mess and sprinted to the bathroom to brush his teeth quick before jogging to the sword fighting arena. The instructor glared at him and he just gave her a smile and a shrug, willing her to forgive him. He was assigned to some girl named Callisto who seemed pissed, standing off in a corner wearing her Ray Bans and glaring into space. He approached her with hesitation. 

"Hello!" he called, trying to be merry, and she turned toward him, her gaze reproachful even though he couldn't see her eyes through her shades. His accent shone through in his tone even though he'd been trying to tone it down lately. 

[b style="font-family: 'bookman old style';"]"I apologize for my lateness; I didn't mean to oversleep. I'm your partner, Samuel," he spoke, holding out his hand for her to shake. She didn't take it; however, and after a moment he shifted. She must have really been angry. He was scared to spar with her; what if she gutted him like a fish?[/b]

"So, shall we begin?"
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
ML
Demi-Titan
ML

PostSubject: Re: Sparring partners. [private to Liz]   Sparring partners. [private to Liz] Icon_minitime7/1/2013, 2:10 pm

Sparring partners. [private to Liz] Tumblr_m6posjyJWn1r4kfic
Callisto Noel Bates
Daughter of Gaea
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Callisto stands there, her body turned to face her partner. "You're late"she says to him. She then reaches into her pocket and pulls out a tube of chapstick, when she uncaps it, it turns into her sword. "Yes, let's begin"she says to him. Callisto then takes a few steps back and waits for him to make a move.

However, she quickly sits down and takes her shoes and socks off. Tossing them out of the way, she stands up once more. Digging her feet into the ground, she gets into a fighting stance. She holds her sword out in front of her, ready to block any attacks. "You can have the first move"she says to the boy.

Callisto then waits there, trying to sense his movements. She doesn't feel anything yet, which means he hasn't moved. When he does move, she will be ready. Callisto then stands there thinking about if her methods could be considered unfair. However because she is blind, she doesn't really think it should be considered unfair. After all, she can't see and they can. Sensing movement just makes up for the whole not being able to see thing.

Last edited by ML on 7/8/2013, 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Sparring partners. [private to Liz]   Sparring partners. [private to Liz] Icon_minitime7/1/2013, 11:55 pm

Samuel realizes quickly that the girl is blind, so he's not quite sure how to go about attacking her, and he was pondering this for a short while when suddenly the girl sat down and- took off her shoes? The action was strange, to say the least, and Samuel didn't know what to make of it. She stood with her sword in front of her, and still Samuel had no idea what he was supposed to make of this situation.

"Excuse me," he spoke, trying his best to be polite. "I know that you probably get this all the time, and I don't mean to offend you, but is this okay? I don't want to hurt you, and there's no way you can possibly see where I'm going to come at you."
Back to top Go down
ML
Demi-Titan
ML

PostSubject: Re: Sparring partners. [private to Liz]   Sparring partners. [private to Liz] Icon_minitime7/8/2013, 12:38 am

Sparring partners. [private to Liz] Tumblr_m6posjyJWn1r4kfic
Callisto Noel Bates
Daughter of Gaea

Callisto's head turns towards the boy, and she frowns at him. Ugh, she hates when people back out of fighting her because she's blind. It just pisses her off, when they decided to go easy on her. Well not this time, not this time. She opens her mouth to speak to the boy, but closes it to think over what she is going to say. She doesn't want to say the wrong thing.

"I get that a lot, and it's not fun"she says softly. "I can fight, and I won't tell you how. But I will say this. I bet you Starbucks that I will win. If I don't, I guess I'll buy you some Starbucks"she says to him. Starbucks is always worth it, and she will look forward to her Starbucks. "Deal?"she asks him.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Sparring partners. [private to Liz]   Sparring partners. [private to Liz] Icon_minitime7/14/2013, 1:38 am

"I am sorry for insulting you; I just wasn't sure, and I didn't want to hurt you. I will fight you now without a problem, but before I agree to your terms I must ask... what is a... Starbucks?" Samuel spoke sheepishly, trying his best to play down his accent, which tended to become more pronounced as experienced fluctuations in emotion. His attractive powers flared a bit, but he realized this and did his best to contain them so as not to send her the wrong message. During his time at camp, he had gotten better at realizing when his powers grew stronger, even if he hadn't become much better at controlling them.

((so sorry for taking so long to post!))
Back to top Go down
ML
Demi-Titan
ML

PostSubject: Re: Sparring partners. [private to Liz]   Sparring partners. [private to Liz] Icon_minitime7/15/2013, 5:04 pm

Callisto rolls her eyes, and listens to the boy talk. Some excuse he has, not. Wait did he just ask what Starbucks is? Who is this guy? Who doesn't know what Starbucks is. She stands there a bit, before opening her mouth to speak. "Apology accepted, I suppose. And good, I was worried you would still say no, which would have made me very mad"she says to him. "Starbucks is the best coffee chain ever! Have you seriously never heard of it?"she says to the boy. Her tone is one of judging, and of shock.

Callisto blinks and holds up her sword. "Well shall we start? The sooner I beat you, the sooner I get coffee, and you get to experience Starbucks"she says to him.

((psh it's fine. sorry for the crappy reply))
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Sparring partners. [private to Liz]   Sparring partners. [private to Liz] Icon_minitime7/16/2013, 12:30 am

(It's fine! Short doesn't necessarily mean crappy, it's about the same as my last post. Very Happy this post is kind of filler, excuse it's shortness)

Samuel shook his head. "No, I've never heard of it. Until recently I've lived overseas, and they don't have any of these 'chain restaurants' that you speak of," he spoke, smiling and shrugging. He prepared his stance, holding up his sword in a defensive manner. "We can begin."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sparring partners. [private to Liz]   Sparring partners. [private to Liz] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sparring partners. [private to Liz]
Page 1 of 1