Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Empty
PostSubject: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/6/2013, 6:53 pm

Etrius sat on the beach. No, he was not there to swim, Loyd would never allow that, especially since his gunshot wound hadn't healed yet. No, instead he sat on a small outcropping of rock and looked out over the blue ocean. He was in his standard suit and had his medicinal stick in his mouth, he had petitioned Loyd to make them look a little less like cigarettes but when he saw the alternative pink version, he had decided that he would not be caught dead using them. So here he was with a smoking white and yellow cigarette like thing in his mouth.

He sighed and rubbed the crossbow lying next to him. Boring, boring camp. He looked out over the ocean again. Somewhere out there was the CFNS Albatross, his flagship that he was not on and wouldn't be allowed on until his old wound was 100% better. He rolled his shoulder, feeling the soreness and sighed again. Boring, boring, boring camp.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/6/2013, 7:07 pm

Lilian walked down the beach, not quite sure what she was doing there but she was there. She smiled at the sight of the ocean, how the light caught it and make it look like diamonds swimming over the ocean. Her hand went to her hair, where it was braided up into a beautiful, intricate pattern with a beautiful flower in her ear. She then saw a boy sitting on a rock, and adopted a kind look, and came over to him. "Hello." She said smiling.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/6/2013, 8:03 pm

Etrius was snapped out of his staring by a voice and looked over to the side and saw a young girl off to the side. He gave a light smile at her. "Well hello there. Who would you be?" He asked as he picked up the crossbow and slid it onto his back. A weapon in his hand was much more intimidating than a weapon on his back, well, that's what his gunny from high school NJROTC told him.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/6/2013, 8:19 pm

"I'm Lilian. Who might you be?" She asked smiling. He seemed nice enough, although she wondered why he was just sitting here. It was a very nice today she couldn't imagine why anyone would just be sitting there. 
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/6/2013, 9:39 pm

Etrius's got up and jumped off the rock to walk over to the now identified Lilian. "Who might I be?" He asked rhetorically. "I'm Etrius. I was injured in a fight so I have to stay down for a while but I just can't stand the rest of the kids in the Ares cabin, I swear, it's like I'm the only one of that . . . Man's kids with two brain cells to rub together." He said, as he rubbed the shoulder wound again, normally he would be rubbing his temples when he thought of the rest of hi brethren but he was smiling right now and he didn't want to ruin it with a frown.

"Anyway Lilian, what are you doing here? You never know when one of those bloodthirsty brutes might be spoiling for a fight, you might get hurt."
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/6/2013, 9:59 pm

Lilian smiled. "I'm not afraid of anything." She commented. "And I am quite offended you think that I might not be able to fight any of the dim witted maniacs that happen to roam wherever they may in spite of girls who have been here for all their lives and wouldn't mind shredding them to pieces." She replied.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/6/2013, 11:35 pm

"I do not doubt you could defend yourself." Said Etrius light-heartedly. "But all it takes is a lucky hit and you could be hurt pretty badly." He pointed out, still giving a smile. After all, he knew that a stroke of good or bad luck could so amazing things, he had fallen victim to bad luck several times and he also had hi moments where he had been saved by good luck as well.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/7/2013, 7:02 am

Lilian laughed to herself. "Luck has nothing to do with it. It is how you know your blade and the idiot who dare challenge you." She said simply. Lilian smiled at the boy lightly. 
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/8/2013, 2:43 am

Etrius chuckled a bit, clearly entertained. "Such patience in someone so young, it's rather enlightening. However, you must remember that luck always has a hand in everything. You could be a bit sore from another fight previously, you could be tired, angry, or you could simply be overconfident. All people make mistakes, take it from someone who knows." He replied sagely.

"Do you see this?" He asked and pulled down his shirt collar to reveal a rather nasty scar on his right collarbone. "I got this because the enemy saw me first and took the shot. In the end, I got him because I had the better aim, but he got me because he had better luck."
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/8/2013, 2:01 pm

Lilian blinked. "It is illogical for me to not see something if you show me." She said. "I do not I need luck, not because I am overconfident but of the fact that sword play is a strength, as long as I have my katana." She then looked at her shoes. "You know, if I'm being annoying you could have just told me to back off by now."
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/9/2013, 12:05 am

Etrius chuckled again and reached up to put a hand on her head. "You're not being annoying. You're interesting to me. I think kinda like you kid." He said and ruffled Lilian's hair in a good natured manner. She was actually pretty cute for a kid, he wouldn't go for her like that, more like she was cute in a puppy dog sort of way.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/9/2013, 4:38 pm

Lilian gave him a look. A, touch my hair again and I will kill you, look. "Thanks, I think." She said slowly. "So why just wait here? You could lose lots of practice sitting on a rock and talking to Aphrodite children." She joked.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/10/2013, 2:49 am

Etrius flinched a bit. He naturally didn't like Aphrodite children, when he was introduced as a son of Ares, he was introduced to the Aphroditzes as well and found that the overwhelming majority were dumb muscle minus the muscle. Most of them were always too busy with their hair or some other useless drivel to do anything productive, heck, most of the time they could have funneled into things like studies or perhaps even practice were devoted to fixing the minuscule to non-existent problems with their hair or clothing.

This kid however was quite refreshing, the hair thing was understandable, girls tended to be like that at her age anyway, and she seemed to be reasonably intelligent.

"Well" He said as he retracted his hand. "I can't really practice right now because I'm still recovering from taking a high caliber bullet to the shoulder. Doc would kill me if he found out I was going against his orders. Really, I saw him strangle a guy with a stethoscope once, it was an experience, you had to be there."

He chuckled a bit more. "And besides, I only have problems with the vast majority of your brothers and sisters, the reasonably intelligent ones are fine. It's just like with my brethren, as long as they have two brain cells to rub together I'm good."
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/10/2013, 10:20 pm

Lilian grinned, and in a quick movement, she pulled out her katana and put it to his chest. "Dead! Even if your hurt you can do small things, like getting out of the way." She said. She retracted her blade and smiled lightly at him. Lilian knew what people thought of Aphrodite children, and here she was, proving them wrong.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 12:03 am

"It's good to see one so young and yet so smart. You've got guts kid, now if only you could spread it to your brothers and sisters, that would be great." He said cheerily. He smirked a bit. "Also kid, remember that a weapon deserves respect, don't draw it unless you intend to draw blood."
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 7:42 am

Lilian looked out at the water, trying to compose herself. "Than perhaps you should take it from me if you don't think I respect it enough to show you simple tricks to save your life." She said
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 8:51 pm

Etrius felt a sweatdrop form as he looked awkwardly at the kid. "Uh, I know I walked in front of a high caliber sniper rifle but I'm not suicidal. Do you really think I could take that sword from you in my condition?" He asked. His condition actually wasn't that bad, what kept him from being more active at the moment was not that his shoulder was bad, no, what kept him down was the doctor's orders. He did not feel like being strangulated by a stethoscope any more than the next man.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 9:12 pm

"Then don't tell me I do not respect my blade." She said softly, not looking at him. She didn't feel it fair for her to be disrespected, and she liked making people nervous, it was almost like making someone know that you know what you're doing.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/26/2013, 1:09 am

"Well I'm sorry kid. I guess I'm just suffering from crotchety old veteran syndrome. If I ever start ranting about my time in 'nam, I fully expect you to slap me in the face." He said with a smile and in a light tone that was only a little bit patronizing but also fully serious at the same time. "It's either that or I need a new prescription."
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/26/2013, 8:26 pm

Lilian rolled her eyes. "Just what I need. More people who annoy me." She gave him a nod and began to walk on.
Back to top Go down
Yukikaze
Demigod
Yukikaze

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/27/2013, 1:28 am

Etrius watched her proceed down the beach, just standing there until the was almost out of sight before he turned his back and began to walk back towards the camp. It was an interesting encounter, not the most exciting, but he was really getting a bit sick of his constant fighting and something peaceful was exactly what he needed.

He stopped just as he was about to enter the camp's main grounds and looked off down the beach, searching for one last glimpse of the elusive Competent Aphrodite kid but he couldn't see anything. "You interest me kid." He whispered to himself. "Grow strong, and don't regret anything."

And with that he didn't look back again.

[Etrius exits]
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime9/28/2013, 12:35 pm

Lilian looked back, but didn't see him anymore. "Don't worry Etrius. You won't regret teaching me today." She said to herself. Lilian giggled, and walked on.

[Lilian exits]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]   The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The sun, the surf, and the nagging soreness from a gunshot wound [open]
Page 1 of 1