Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Archery (Open)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
David Shuter

David Shuter

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime1/31/2014, 10:47 pm

David held a bow in his hand, 20 arrows in the quiver beside him. he had never tried Archery, but hoped he was good at it, since his last name stood for an Archer. Levi sat by his feet. David never went anywhere without his golden retriever, since they had spent so many years always in eachothers presence. David felt, safe with Levi there. He looked at the dog
"Alright boy, I am going to suck, so you are going to have to go fetch for the arrows for me, just wait till I tell you. you got that bud?"  he said Levi barked. David then aimed a shot, missing by a long shot "well damn it" maybe he really did need some help. who knew, maybe someone was watching him right now?
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/5/2014, 1:40 am

Anna pulled her bowstring to her ear and it whizzed to the bullseye, swift as a bullet. She had had archery in her blood since she was born, and quite enjoyed the hobby. Fine day, it was, the sun was shining with just a little air cooling the campers. Anna lodged another string and pulled back when she noticed a boy. She watched him a moment, and saw his terrible shot. Anna couldn't help but laugh a little, but instantly turned back to her bow and shots again at the bullseye, like she had never laughed.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/5/2014, 3:46 pm

David looked over at the laugh, noticing a girl who seemed to be ignoring him, and just firing arrow perfect, shot after shot. he knew she must have been the one to laugh, because she was the only one there. David just rolled his eyes, and pulled on the bow string again, shooting. this time he hit the target, but was far off from the center. he growled and fired a few more shots, two missed, the next 3 hit, but were still far off. he then sighed, watching the girl fire. he then said "Levi, Fetch." his dog ran after his arrows, while David admired the girl "how the heck did you become so good?" he asked her
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/5/2014, 3:51 pm

Anna looked up and smiled at the boy. "Practice," She said, matter-of-factly. "But, being a daughter of Apollo helps just a teeny tiny bit." She added. She walked over to him. "Let me see you shoot, and I'll tell you what you're doing wrong." Anna said, and stepped back to watch him.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/5/2014, 4:17 pm

David rolled his eyes "I'm not about to shoot at my dog, now am I.." he then whistled "Levi, to me!" Levi bounded back to them, David's Arrows in his mouth. David took them from him, then pet him behind the ears. "This is Levi, by the way. He is the only reason I am alive right now. you can pet him if you want. I am David by the way" he smiled at the girl, before notching an Arrow, pulling back on the string, aiming and firing
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/5/2014, 4:23 pm

Anna watched the arrow as it hit one of the outer rings. "I see what your doing." She grabbed her own bow as to demonstrate. " Really, all you're doing is over thinking. You just gotta feel it." Anna pulled back her bow and shot, hitting the bulls eyes yet again. She set down her bow again. "You just gotta get this feeling. I'm not sure how to explain it."
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/5/2014, 4:43 pm

he nodded his head slowly "a..feeling? that's your advice? most instructors would comment on how I am holding the bow, or how a let the arrow lose. but a feeling..?" he shrugged, willing to give anything a try. he tried emptying his mind, then he pulled the bow string and fired. He did not bother aiming aside from pointing at the target. It hit, but only a little closer to the middle. "guess I'm not a son of Apollo then" he shrugged
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/5/2014, 4:46 pm

Anna shook her head. "Nope, you didn't feel it." She stepped closer to him. "Pull back." She said softly. He was doing better, but she knew she could get him to do great.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/5/2014, 5:05 pm

This girl looked younger than him, but he did as she told, no one had really spoke softly to him since before his mother was killed 3 years ago. He pulled back on the bow, looking over, noting her closeness. "what now?" he asked, ignoring Levi's bark at the girl's closeness. that Dog was very pertective.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/5/2014, 5:10 pm

"Look at the target for a moment, and feel the string in your hand." Anna looked down the range at the target for a second or two. "And let go." She said, looking back at him and stepping back. She pet the dog softly on the head.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/5/2014, 5:48 pm

he did as he was told, looking at the target, feeling the string in his hand, then let go. it hit just 3 rings out from the center. David was kind of please, but he had a feeling he was just not cut out for archery. He turned to the girl "I really don't think i am cut out for this. I'm more of a Sword person really" he shrugged putting the bow back and bending down to pet Levi.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/5/2014, 5:59 pm

Anna nodded. "It's not for everyone." She said lightly. She gave the dogs head one last pat. "Well, if you're as good as you say you are then you wouldn't mind proving it?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/5/2014, 6:05 pm

he had to laugh "I lived on the streets for 3 years, fighting monsters the whole time, i think I may be able to beat you, Apollo girl" he smirked, pulling 'kveykva' from its sheath, the bronze curved blade glinting in the sunlight.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/5/2014, 6:09 pm

"Perhaps.." Anna mused, pulling her sword from its sheath. Really, she wasn't the best with swords, but it would be fun.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/5/2014, 9:06 pm

he smirked "I'd put a bet on this, but I have no money" he then twirled his sword. He knew he needed professional training, but he was pretty confident his monster killing experience and his instincts would allow him a victory in this fight.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/5/2014, 9:31 pm

Anna grinned. "Be glad, I would have your money within moments."
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/6/2014, 1:54 pm

he laughed "you think so eh? well come at me then little girl" she has still not told him his name, so he had to resort to calling him that.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/8/2014, 5:02 pm

"Little girl? No, not going to happen." Anna said sharply. 
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/8/2014, 6:44 pm

Ethan walked into the archery range and looked around just in time to hear a kid say he would bet against Anna in a sword fight but he had no money. With a soft chuckle the son of Apollo walked forward and placed five golden drachmas on a table. Five drachmas says the guy beats you, Anna. He stepped back and crossed his arms to watch but sighed and shook his head. Ethan pulled his bow off his back and put an arrow to the string. In a single motion he drew back, using his stomach and back more than his arms, and aimed just before firing the arrow that shot forward. It was a perfect shot, flying true, until the shaft slammed through the knot in a tree trunk a little ways away. There were targets but he was a son of Apollo and they weren't a challenge. Then again, that target wasn't either apparently.
Back to top Go down
http://kaneegyptian.forumotion.com/
Kirby
Demigod
Kirby

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/8/2014, 8:18 pm

Anna's eyes narrowed at Ethan. "Who asked you?" She replied crossly.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/10/2014, 8:07 pm

David gave a small smirk towards the newcomer "I'll try not to lose you any money dude" he then gave Levi a whistle "Levi, go to the new guy, stay away from the fight man" the Golden Retriever made his way towards Ethan, leaning on his hind legs and putting his front paws on Ethan's chest, trying to his his attention.

David then turned to The girl "we could stand her all day girl, or you can be a man and attack" he chuckled, always at the ready.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/10/2014, 10:56 pm

Ethan smirked and rested against the table while he petted the golden retriever that had ran up to him and was busy trying to get his attention. Dogs were always either goofy and fun to be around or protective and a pain in the rear but apparently the golden retriever was playful right now. Hey, how's it going big guy? Your friend over there with the sword definitely has a match ahead of him with Anna but I'm sure he can win if he tries hard.
Back to top Go down
http://kaneegyptian.forumotion.com/
David Shuter

David Shuter

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime2/12/2014, 10:07 pm

David gave the boy a laugh. he was starting to like him, the way he interacted with Levi impressed him. David then turned his head to Anna, sizing her up. it was true, that he had a fight ahead with Anna, since he never fought anyone who was trained in the sword. but he hoped his instincts would be enough. with a small growl, David charged, swinging at Anna's head. his curved blade cutting through the air like it was nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Archery (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery (Open)   Archery (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archery (Open)
Page 1 of 1