Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Walking around New Rome.

Go down 
+4
Rachel
Kasi
Hammah
Dexter
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 4:04 am

"I'm Vincent. Just call me Vince," Vince says while sipping the straight black coffee. He started to say more, but his index finger on his left hand fell off onto the concrete. It bounced off of it, leaving a metallic ringing sound throughout the air. He cursed and leaned turned partially around to pick it up. "Um- sorry. My finger fell off. Don't worry, it won't take long to fix." he jokes as he tries to hook it back into his left hand.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 4:08 am

"Oh, that sounds familiar. Have we met bef- what?" His finger fell off? That was... what? "Er..." It sounded like some kind of hard metal, did he have some sort of prosthetic finger, or a whole metal hand? That would be pretty unique, and maybe even cool. Rhiannon wasn't sure what qualified as 'cool' these days, though. She resolved not to inquire too far about it, though -- she knew it was awkward when people she had just met asked about her eyes, so it would probably be uncomfortable for Vince if she asked about his hand.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 4:15 am

"Oh... uh... well... my whole arm is an automaton hooked to my nerves and such..." Vince explains slightly awkwardly as he finally hooks is finger back into place. He turns around and sits back correctly into his seat again. "Uh... maybe we have. I can't exactly remember. What is your name... again?" he asks a bit carefully.

Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 4:28 am

"Oh, that's neat." That's neat? What if that offended him somehow? It could either not be a great enough compliment, or it might make him annoyed because he'd lost his arm in some sort of tragic accident and she thought it was neat. Why was she so horrible with the English language? Ugh. Anyways, she had better answer his question. "It's Rhiannon." She gave the short, simple answer, instead of the rehearsed spiel she used to give with her full first name. Rhiannon-Aithne was such a mouthful.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 4:35 am

"Yeah. I wouldn't quite be here without them, or... many other things," Vince said distractedly and sips on some more coffee. He lightly tapped his foot on the ground and tried to think of something to say. "Well... Rhiannon is a  pretty name." he says with a smile, and twiddles his thumbs. Vince tried avoiding flirting, but sometimes for no reason it came naturally. He almost said that she was pretty as well, but bit his tongue at the last second. No need to creep out anyone first... or second day of meeting them.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 2:56 pm

"Thank you," Rhiannon said with a rare smile. Rare because she hadn't so much as grinned in months, ever since... ever since the Quest had failed, she'd been a complete wreck. She shouldn't dwell on that in public, now, it made her want to cry. Even though it was physically impossible for her to so much as tear up. Anyways, she should probably compliment him back, right? That was a bit difficult considering that she couldn't see him. Argh, the curse of the blind.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 11:17 pm

Vince looked up right at her right as she smiled slightly, and flushed hard as he noticed she looked really adorable. By then, his coffee was finished. He flushed and looked down at the ground embarrassed. "Uh..." he started to say, but cut himself off before he tried to say something stupid stupid (at least, what he thought was stupid.) Vince mumbled something about Rhiannon being cute to himself and he played with a bit of fire on his fingertips. 
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 11:25 pm

"Hmm?" Rhiannon couldn't seem to catch what he was saying. It was something mumbly and quiet. Her hearing was good, but not that good. She picked her cup up again to take another sip of coffee, noting again how much better this cup tasted than her original order. Poor Vince had gotten the sour end of the deal there.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 11:46 pm

"It's... nothing," Vince said slightly nervously. He tapped his foot quietly and tried his best not to look at her. The flames at his fingertips danced among his fingers and the heat tickled his fingers that were underneath the fireproof gloves. The sky was clear, and there weren't many people around. A perfect late-summer day.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 11:58 pm

He sounded uncomfortable, so Rhiannon decided not to press the issue. She raised the cup to her lips for the third time, but... condensation had built up on the outside of the cup, making it mildly slippey, and it just sort of dropped out of her hands and onto the table, shattering with a loud noise and spilling everywhere. Luckily, Rhiannon wasn't wearing much white. But the hot coffee still burned her when some of the spillage ran off the table and onto her thigh. She winced slightly, but felt like curling up into a tiny ball. That had been so, so unlucky.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 12:12 am

Vincent looked up as the cup shattered sending shards and hot coffee over the table and onto Rhiannon. He had a look of mild surprise, and grabbed a couple of napkins to clean up a good portion of the spillage. "Are you okay? Did you get burned a bit?" he asked while he cleaned up the spillage and picked up some of the porcelain shards.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 12:25 am

Rhiannon flushed and let out a small "Yes" at the question, and sort of... sat there like a useless, embarrassed lump. She couldn't even clean up after herself properly. It reminded her of the entirety of the Quest. Sitting there, being useless, leaving everything to everyone else because she physically could not do anything until they all presumably died. She buried her face in her hands. She wanted to cry.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 12:48 am

Vince looks up at Rhiannon after cleaning up most of the spill, and noticed her burying her face into her hands. Normally, it'd be normal for them to be laughing or just face palming in shame, but.. something seemed off. He stood up and went over to stand next to her. He hesitated momentarily, and started to speak. "Are you... okay? Other than insignificant... current... injuries," He asked awkwardly and stood there.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 12:53 am

Rhiannon shook her head without removing it from her hands. She wasn't up to talking at the moment. Frankly, if she possessed tear ducts, she'd be drowning the city in a river of pure sorrow.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 1:10 am

Vincent stood there momentarily before leaning down and giving Rhiannon a hug. Somewhere in the back of his mind, something was telling him to back away from her and stop hugging her, but he disregarded that voice.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 1:17 am

Rhiannon would have appreciated the hug if Vincent wasn't a near-total stranger. She lifted her face out of her hands, and said, a bit awkwardly, "Could you please, um, not touch me? Sorry..." ugh, she felt bad, but physical contact was very personal to her since she relied so much on touch to navigate her world, and it felt very... invasive to be hugged...
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 1:24 am

"Oh- um..." Vince breaks the hug and stands awkwardly off to the side. Vince tried to start conversation a couple times, but couldn't think of anything to say, so he drops it entirely and went back to cleaning up the mess and he went to throw it away what was left of the cup and the napkins.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 1:35 am

Rhiannon just... sat there. Sad. Embarrassed. Awkward. Sorry. She would pay for the broken cup, of course, but she'd just kind of rebugged Vince harshly, and he'd cleaned up her mess and everything. "I- I'm sorry, I can pay for your coffee, if that'll make up for..."
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 1:42 am

"It's fine," Vince said with a small smile after coming back from the trash can/collection area. "I'll pay for everything, including your coffee. I'm... used to some things more than others." he said carefully to not offend her. Vince sits back down and sighs quietly, and rubs his left arm's elbow
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 1:58 am

Rhiannon felt even more guilty now. He was just being nice and trying to help and stuff, she didn't need to... ughhhhhh... "Sorry," she repeated. Sorry, sorry, very sorry.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 2:15 am

"It's fine," Vince says calmly. "There's no reason to be sorry, and no reason to be guilty. I'm doing this with money out of my own pocket, and I have enough money and a job to last me a while," he says with a smile, regaining his confidence slightly.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 2:26 am

"What sort of job?" Rhiannon asked, practically leaping at the possible conversation topic. There was her shovel, and she was going to dig herself out of her conversational hole with it. Besides, she was still interested in him as a person, and wanted to know more about him in a non-creepy way, even if the hug had been slightly off-putting
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 2:55 am

"It's smithing, general metalworking, ya know," Vince says calmly with his hands languidly moving in the air. "It's pretty menial work, but the camp needs it, so it pays well. Besides, my... powers over fire come in handy," he says with a smile. "I work a lot with mechanics and automatons as well," Vince says while fiddling with his arm. "But I guess my talent is in cooking, everyone I've cooked for has told me it was wonderful.." he says and shrugs.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 3:13 am

Rhiannon listened intently. That seemed like a very interesting job, for sure. Not something she could ever do. She was small and weak and, of course, blind. Ugh. But cooking? Food? Food was wonderful, and she could eat it just fine, unimpaired by her lack of sight. How could she ask to sample his cooking sometime without it sounding like she was hitting on him? Did she want to hit on him? Maybe a little...
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 8:21 pm

Vince noticed her listening closely and smiled slightly."If you want, I could, you know. Cook you something later," he said with a smile and twiddled his thumbs. If there was one thing he was confident in, it was his cooking, and hey, what better way to get to learn people than food, he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walking around New Rome.
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next