Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Walking around New Rome.

Go down 
+4
Rachel
Kasi
Hammah
Dexter
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 8:42 pm

"That sounds nice," Rhiannon replied with one of her small smiles. That dumb phrase it's a date ran through her head, and she told that thought to shush. It was totally a date, though. Gosh, she hadn't been on a date in... well, a long, long time.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 10:23 pm

Vince looked up as the owner showed up at the table with the bill. He looked at the bill, and sighed slightly. He should have expected that it was going to be more expensive than usual. Vince glared a bit at the owner and pulled out the amount of denarii and handed the money and the bill back (after he signed it, of course.) "So, uh..." he said as he stood up and stretched. "Do you want to head back to camp together or something? I already paid the bill."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 10:28 pm

It was getting near mealtime. By the time they got back to camp, she'd probably be pretty hungry already. "That works." She still felt bad for breaking things and causing drama, and in debt to Vince since he'd paid for everything. So she'd be extra nice, and on the off-chance that his cooking actually sucked, she'd probably pretend it was great anyways. She stood up and reached for her cane, tapping the stone beneath her with it once she had a hold of the thing. It was a funny little habit she'd developed, tapping right when she got the stick in hand.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 11:14 pm

"Well, uh... shall we?" Vince asks and starts to walk. "You're coming to... my place, right?" He stops and asks.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 11:37 pm

Rhiannon started to follow along, but caught up to walk beside Vince. It took a moment to notice he had stopped walking and asked a question. Oops. She stopped, too, and turned to face him. "You mean, like a house here in the city?" She'd assumed they were going back to camp, to whatever [insert cohort type building???] Vince belonged in. It was rare for someone involved in camp to live outside of the camp itself, but entirely possible.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 11:50 pm

"No, of course not. I'd never pay off the loan if I bought one," Vince joked slightly, but it fell flat. He felt like hitting himself in the face, but continued the conversation. "I was talking about the cohort barracks," he paused slightly after saying that. "Yeah, I guess it's weird to talk about it that way, but I just consider it my place at this point anyways. It's not like I have anywhere else to go anyways," he says after thinking about it, and starts to walk again.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 12:05 am

"Oh, that makes more sense." Rhiannon felt like punching herself in the face for being so dumb. Duh someone her age wouldn't have a house. That would be ridiculous. And expensive. She heard footsteps start up again, so she began to walk as well. Now, what was something good to talk about on the way there? "What cohort are you in?"
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 12:17 am

"The third cohort. I had a pretty decent recommendation letter, so they put me in there," Vince said as he walked along slowly. "It's a pretty nice place, granted that you enjoy being in the middle of the hierarchy at camp," he says with some gestures with his hands. "And yourself?" he asks as he turns around and walks backwards.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 12:35 am

Rhiannon sighed, slightly ashamed of her answer. "Fourth." Formerly, the Fourth Cohort had been nearly respectable, consisting of campers who at least had a reference letter that wasn't too horrible. It had at least been better than the Fifth. But now that the Fifth was all glorious and full of praetors and strange Greek stuff, the Fourth was generally regarded as the suckiest. It was unfortunate, but that was where useless people went. And Rhiannon was definitely useless to the Romans.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 12:48 am

Vince remained silent for a moment. He never really had an issue against other cohorts, and personally the upper cohort people were kind of douche-bags. "You know, there's no reason to be ashamed of what other cohorts think of you," Vince said, cringing at every word. He knew it sounded cheesy, but he went on. "The other cohorts are douche-bags anyways," he said and rolled his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 12:56 am

Rhiannon couldn't think of anything to say that wouldn't consist of arguing. She didn't like to argue. She'd argued a lot with her quest-mates. About twp things that they shouldn't have been doing, like stealing cars. Bad train of thought. "I guess. It's just vaguely depressing." To be so utterly out of place, even in the worst barracks, that is. At least everyone else could fight properly.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 1:34 am

Vince looked at her calmly, and sighed. He wasn't a mind reader, so he had no idea what Rhiannon was thinking. He thought about it momentarily, hesitated slightly, and then asked, "Do you mind telling me... what's on your mind?" he said with a cautious tone.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 1:37 am

Rhiannon tugged on the edge of her blindfold, as she often did when under duress. "I... don't really want to talk about it." She felt a little guilty for withholding information, but it was highly personal, and she wasn't willing to share things like that yet. Maybe after they knew each other better. How would they get to know each other if she never told him anything, though?
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 1:55 am

"Alright, I won't press you on it," Vince said and kept on walking backwards. His right (mechanical) leg was slightly more jerkier on the backwards walking, but he didn't mind too much. He couldn't think of anything to talk about, so he decided to start up a conversation about food. "So... anything you want me to know about your tastes in... food?" he asked casually.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 2:13 am

Rhiannon couldn't make sense of the subtle shift in Vince's footsteps. There was a strange sort of hitch in them now, as if one foot was moving in more sudden motions than the other. Maybe she was imagining it. Probably looking too far into it if she wasn't imagining it, too. Anyways, she needed to answer the question. "I'm not very picky. I don't like raw tomatoes, though."
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 2:24 am

"Okay, no tomatoes," Vince said, noting it in his head. "Anything else that comes into mind?" he says as he steps around a person. They were reaching a bit more crowded section of New Rome, and he had to turn around to keep on being able to walk without hitting someone.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 2:31 am

Rhiannon could hear and feel more feet on the ground. They were passing through one of the shopping areas, most likely, and on a nice day like this there were a million people out and about. She had a little bit of difficult keeping track of Vince in the hubbub. People in general gave her a wide berth, and she could practically feel the familiar stares at her face. There seemed to be fewer than usual, though. "I... hmm, no, not reall-" she nearly swore as her foot caught on a cracked stone and she lurched forwards. Today was so, so unlucky.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 2:54 am

Vince turned around at that time and noticed someone tripping Rhiannon. He drew in a breath and ran over to Rhiannon to catch her as she was falling. Vince caught her just before she fell, and he sighed and tried to look for the bastard who tripped her. By the time he looked now, the person had disappeared into the crowd. He sighed and looked at Rhiannon instead. "Are you okay?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 2:59 am

What she had taken initially for a rock seemed to be more of a foot. She braced herself for impact with the ground, but it turned out that she fell into someone's arms. Which was a much better alternative than stone, but since they were obviously Vince's arms, she was a little embarrassed. No, actually, more than a little. She straightened up as soon as she could and scratched the back of her head nervously. "I, yes, um, I'm fine, thank you. Where'd my cane go?" She seemed to have dropped it in the fall.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 3:08 am

Vince stood up slowly and looked around for her cane. He found it conveniently lying at the side of the sidewalk, and he decided to pick it up. He was embarrassed slightly from catching her, but he shook it off. "I found it, here," he says and walked over to her, and hands it to her. While handing it to her, his hand accidentally brushes against hers, but he quickly pulls it back. His face was slightly red from everything, but he shook it off. Or tried to.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 3:15 am

"Um, thanks." Rhiannon hoped she wasn't too red. She had a tendency to go pale when she was really embarrassed, but she wasn't quite to that point, and simply turned light pink. She faced downwards in an expression of said embarrassment for a moment before facing forwards again. "Well, uh, let's get going, then.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 3:18 am

"Uh, sure.." Vince started walking again. The day was growing slightly late, but it hardly mattered, there was still going to be people around even later into the day. He decided to walk slower and next to Rhiannon, just in case something happened. He couldn't think of anything to talk about, it felt really awkward between them.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 3:28 am

Well, what was there to say, now? They were walking, and it was a little bit awkward. More than a little bit. Rhiannon was driven to inquiring about a potentially very risky subject. "So, um, do you have any close family? Sorry if, erm, it's a sensitive subject." Oh, gods, this was a horrible idea.
Back to top Go down
Supa Kawaii Twiggy
Big Three Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 3:33 am

Vince flinched at the talk of family. He didn't really feel like talking about... it. He rubbed the left side of his face, and sighed. It was going to have to come out eventually, but he didn't really... feel like talking about.. well.. 

Vince sighed and said, "I did." with a tone that seemed to want to end the conversation. The gears and ticking in his left arm seemed a little bit louder than usual to him, though most people couldn't hear them. He ran a hand through his head and sighed.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 3:37 am

Yes, horrible idea. Horrible, HORRIBLE idea. He probably actually hated her now. Maybe he'd poison her food. Or change his mind and not make anything for her at all. She wouldn't be surprised. Rhiannon mentally punched herself in the face, and only the presence of other people prevented her from doing so physically. She wasn't one to swear, but she couldn't help thinking a host of damn damn dammits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking around New Rome.   Walking around New Rome. - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walking around New Rome.
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next