Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

Location : If I told you? Well... that would be a big mess to clean up.

Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/16/2012, 12:44 am

Salones brow crinkled, "a sickle and chain of Cb. At the end of the chain is a sphere of solid cb, it will give a guy a concusion very easily."
She embelished her wepon with great detail, whenshe talked about it, salone waved her hands around and you could see tiny scars on them.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/16/2012, 7:35 pm

Riley nodded. "I can imagine..." he replied, and he definitely could. If Salone could fight so well without a weapon, he could only imagine what she'd be able to do with a sickle. He couldn't help but notice the extensive scarring on her hands, that accompanied that on her face, and he wondered what could have happened to her that she would have so many scars... she seemed pretty capable of defending herself.

Now capable of moving his right arm freely, and with some control over the left one as well, Riley moved to retrieve his sword, Man. He slid it into his sheath as best he could with limited use of his left arm. He realized then that Salone was still standing there. "So... uh... how long have you been here, at Camp?" he asked.

Smooth, Riley. Real smooth.
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/16/2012, 8:16 pm

Salone was prepairing for her next class, it involved wiping down the wressling mats with clorox dissinfectant wipes. There were a few spots of blood here and there, but they came up easily. Her hair was comming out of its pony tail, flustered she pulled it out of its hair band. Once again it obscured her, hidding her mauled face.
"A year and a half?" She guessed. "I'm not sure you'd have to ask Hound."
As if beinf summoned from the abis of the Du'Art, Hound rose from her corner. Hound was a giant jackle with a few small exceptions. For one thing, her head shape was more dog but with a pointed face. Her body was sinouse like a great black cat, you could see the muscle rolling under her skin. Hounds shoulder stood several inches above Salones head. A solid gold egyptian styled collar studded with dimonds and emeralds sat on her neck along with a gold hoop ear ring in her right ear.
"A year and a half," Hound agreed.

Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/16/2012, 11:33 pm

Riley was about to move forward and offer to help Salone before she responded, and all of a sudden an enormous jackal emerged from the shadows, standing taller than Salone, and even almost as tall as Riley. He gaped at it, obviously disconcerted, and his own dog, Dog, stirred in entranceway to the arena where he'd been resting, moving to stand about 50 feet behind Riley and watching the jackal carefully. Dog, a german shepherd, had nothing on the jackal, though, even if he liked to think that he did. And then the jackal spoke, causing Riley's eyes to widen even more, his mouth hanging open. "How...?!" he exclaimed in disbelief, backing up a few feet. What the hell was that?!
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/17/2012, 12:42 am

Hound bent her head and sniffed Rileys hair. Hound lowered her head to see eye to silvery green eye. ."Greeks are so easily surprised. Unlike Egyptians. What would High Lord Anubis say if he knew his daugher was hanging out with the son of Old Age."
Salone slugged Hound in the musled shoulder, "Be nice."
Hound rolled her eyes, "all creatures have the ability to speak. We just choose not to imply the practice. I am The Hound of Anubis."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/17/2012, 8:55 pm

The jackal started sniffing Riley's hair, and he jumped away quickly. "What the hell?!" he asked, before the jackal started speaking again. How creepy was that?! As he listened; however, his face drained of color. Who was this guy, or rather, jackal, to expose his godly parent to everyone in the arena. Granted, the only one there was Salone, and his godly parent shouldn't be such a secret in a camp for children of the gods. It was just that being the son of Geras, the god of old age, was so damn embarrassing. He couldn't even go swimming or wash his hands without turning into an old man, which wasn't cool. While most demigods were able to accept their parents despite the adversity that comes with being a demigod, Riley had a lot of trouble with it. Most of the time, he just wished he could be a normal kid.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/17/2012, 9:13 pm

Hound glaired at the Riley," a foul mouthed greek no less."
Salone saw the emberrisment on Rileys face, she stomped on Hounds foot, hard. It wasn't ment to be subtle. "Shoo. Go do something usefull like chasing bast or something like that."
The hound gave Salone a dirty look before walking past Riley.
"I'm sorry, she's kinda vocal." Salone looked at Rileys face, "At least no one can tell at the moment huh?"
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/17/2012, 9:27 pm

Riley just stood there, wanting to go leave and hide in a corner or something, but he forced himself to try and be composed and collected, though he knew it was kind of no use. Salone finally got the stupid jackal thing to go away, for which Riley was grateful. Dog growled at it as it passed him. This was kind of sad, though, being that Dog was about a quarter of the size of the jackal. Riley gestured for Dog to get away, and after a few seconds he grudgingly moved across the arena, away from the jackal. Salone spoke, and Riley's head moved back to look at her. "What do you mean?" he asked, though he wasn't as confused as he acted.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/17/2012, 9:42 pm

Salone looked at him and said softly, "People come into my class and they just stare at my face. You can see their repulsion on their face. Then I introduce myself as the daughter of anubis, then they have the expression 'that explains it'. "
Salones face was sad, "that explains why she's ugly."
She returned to her scrubbing, wanting to block out the world.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/18/2012, 6:09 pm

Riley watched her as she spoke, his brow knitting in confusion. How could people think like that? Scarring didn't really make a person ugly, at least in Riley's opinion. He thought it made them look stronger, bearing a mark of their suffering on their body and being forced to deal with people gaping at it.

He wanted to say something to make her feel better... "you're not ugly," or "I think you're beautiful." But he didn't, even though he would've meant it. Saying that would have made him look weird, and it probably would have made her uncomfortable. He still thought that Salone was pretty awesome, though. Maybe she was a little intense, and she seemed like she could be cold at times, but she was an amazing fighter, and obviously bright, and she had such striking features that she was pretty in an odd way. Sometimes, Riley really didn't understand society.

Instead of sympathizing with her, which he figured she wouldn't appreciate, Riley bent down next to her, grabbing a Clorox wipe and beginning to scrub an unclean portion of the mat to save her time.

Surprisingly enough, only pure water caused a change in Riley, so he was able to use hand sanitizer and disinfectant without worrying about turning into an old man... at least, not for a while. The ocean was the same way, being saltwater, but if he immersed himself in the ocean for too long a period of time his features began to distort themselves.

"Look, people are weird," Riley spoke finally, before continuing. "They'll judge you over basically anything... though I'm sure you've realized that already. I can't really tell anyone who my dad is, because they tend to make a big deal about it and think I'm a freak... which doesn't really make any sense, because they treat me with respect if they don't know. If the godly side of me was more pronounced, I don't know how I'd cope with it. I think it's pretty impressive, that you can go around with those scars and face the world and act as if it's not a big deal."
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/18/2012, 7:06 pm

Salone sighed pushing herself onto her knees. Her blonde hair had become a wild tangled mess and she tugged at it thoughtfully, "who knows, mybe you'll age backwords aftee you hit a hundred and four. "
The thought amused her some.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/18/2012, 7:13 pm

Riley rolled his eyes. "Probably... not. My mom doesn't really voice it much, but she has this theory that because of my dad, and the fact that I shift into elderly form when I touch water-" Riley paused, scrubbing with all of his concentration out of his embarrassment. "She thinks that I might have a shorter life, since it's not normal to shift like that," he said, an edge to his voice. Sometimes he wished he could go without water completely, but he figured the old-age stuff would find another way to pronounce itself, and, hey, a guy needed to shower.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/18/2012, 7:30 pm

"You could always ask him on the olympus trip," Salone said. She threw away the wipe just as some heros started to walk in for their class. They looked to be the same age as her and possibly a. Year or so older.
"What's your next class?"
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/18/2012, 7:47 pm

Riley shrugged. "I... no. I don't think he'd know anything about it, and I don't think he would tell me if he did. I don't know that, because I haven't met him, but I don't know if I really want to..." he stopped himself, realizing he sounded bitter. He watched as the kids began to file in, some boys this time with the girls. Salone asked him what class he had next, and he got up and chucked his wipe in the trash, brushing off his hands.

"It's raining," he stated, as if it were obvious. "I mean, I could go outside with rain gear, but it makes me look pretty dumb and my next class is outside, so I'm allowed to hang around here." He appraised the kids walking in. "I could help, if you want. I mean, I could do swordplay with some of them. I think you're better at the hand-to-hand combat thing than I am," he stated with a small grin.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/18/2012, 8:01 pm

Salone crossed her arms across her chest pretending to look furiouse, "You think? Or you know?"
The kids watched with mild intrest.
Then her eyes narrowed," you think your better at sword play than me?!"
A collective "ooooooo," flooded from the group.
A boy with freckles wispered loudly, "last kid who said he was better than her at something got hung. By his underwear on the flag poll."
Salone was totaly joking around but the kids didn't know that.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/18/2012, 11:26 pm

Riley rolled her eyes. Of course she was better at hand-to-hand combat than he was. That had been made clear earlier on. He glanced fleetingly over at the crowd of kids who'd gathered, intensely aware of the fact that Salone was staring him down. He looked quickly back at her, keeping a poker face. "Well, while I can't beat you unarmed, I must say I'm pretty good with a sword," he stated, suppressing a grin. His hand moved to Man for a few seconds, still in its holster at his hip, before it left and rested at his side. "Anyway, I don't think that fight would be fair, since you don't fight with a sword," Riley shot her a crooked grin before turning to the kids.

"What do you think you're looking at?" he asked them, taking Man out of its holster and twirling it experimentally in his grip. He turned to Salone. "I think they're astounded by my good looks," he said, sarcasm lightly lacing his tone.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/18/2012, 11:50 pm

Hound had returned and was sitting next to Dog in the shadows barely visible. In her jaws a chain winked.
"Hound!" Salone commanded, holding out her hand. Hound used her massive head to toss a sickle and chain to her. Salone caught it in mid air a little below the hilt of the sickle. Then she began to spin it, creating a web of lethal celestial bronze.
"Make your move pretty boy," She called. There was at least ten feet of chain, at the end of the chain was a Celestial bronze ball roughly the size of three fists and much more heavy. Riley could now get a good look at how ripped Salone was.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/21/2012, 3:17 pm

Dog sat, a bit disconcerted next to the enormous jackal, and Riley noticed this with a chuckle. The jackal tossed Salone her sickle, and Riley's eyes widened. Was she serious? Fighting someone with a sickle was kind of difficult, when you only had a sword. Well, this should be interesting...

Salone must have been very strong, twirling that heavy ball around like it was nothing. Riley was pretty muscular as well. It was more pronounced on him, since he was a guy, but he could tell that she was probably just as strong as she was if not stronger. How was he supposed to make a move with his sword?

On impulse, he slammed his sword into the flailing sickle, causing its spinning to slow and the sickle to tangle itself with his sword's length. He withdrew it, aiming a false strike towards Salone's arm.

((Okay you must admit my fighting rp SUCKS))
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/21/2012, 4:03 pm

Occ-so does mine, so we're even and I'll cut it short.
Bic-
Salone grinned and jerked the chain so it once again entangled in the sword. Then she jerked it again causing the sword to vear off course. Salone side stepped and twisted her wrist, the chain slithered off the sword. The sickle was back in her hand.
"Enough," she said to Riley. Then she turned to the class, "what did I do there?"
The class intoned dully, "Used his momentum against him."
Salone nodded. Then proceeded to set them up into pairs. Each pair had a staff of solid wood, "If you and your partner are fighting over a weapon, both sides are straining to gain the weapon. Your going to want to bring the weapon forward to smash it into your opponets face. This usualy breaks noses s be careful. But your opponets grip will usualy loosen so you can gain the wepon. The People on the right will start."
Salone pased through the rows correcting their movements and preventing nose crushing.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/21/2012, 9:17 pm

Riley recovered, chuckling when Salone called it off. They probably could've kept at it, but obviously that wasn't Salone's plan. He sheathed his sword, watching as she organized her class. "You're one to speak, nose-smasher," he murmured to her, a smirk on his face as he prodded at her. He followed her a little as she observed the students, but after a minute or two he was advising them on his own. He knew a bit about strategy, and what she was teaching, and his advice was rather valid. He also prevented a couple of Thanatos kids from killing each other, which was a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/21/2012, 10:10 pm

Salone tweeked his nose at his comment, "At least I don't suffer from old man-itis." She said in a quite voice, joking. The thantos twins were at it again when Salone saw Riley converge upon them. She stalked up behind him and growled in a low tone at them, "third time this week. I want 100 push ups times your age."
"Wha-" the boy started, "that's unfair!"
"On your knuckles," Salone said walking away. Salone's methods were brutal, but they got through to the numbskulls in her class.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/21/2012, 11:32 pm

Riley grinned, surprised when she tweaked his nose. He took a little bit of offense to her comment about his parentage, but he knew that she didn't mean it in a malicious way. He smirked as she punished the kids he'd had to stop, handling them way better than he ever could've. He walked back over to her. "Are you a goddess, or something?" he asked her with a chuckle, referring to the way those boys obeyed her with little objection.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/21/2012, 11:50 pm

Salone looked at Riley, "No. Sometimes if I get sick of bad behavior I let hound take them out for survivel of the fittest practice. Usualy they come back with a few bumps and bruises as well as being terrified of Hound."
She leaned against the poll, her hair falling in her face again. "You eventualy learn all the rules applie to you."
Salone was exaused from todays classes. Her body sagged and her limbs were sweaty.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/22/2012, 6:16 pm

Riley chuckled at the thought of the kids facing Hound, nodding in agreement. He gazed out the window, noticing that the weather was pretty clear at this point... finally. He looked back to Salone. She seemed tired. Riley had an idea, and he voiced it impulsively before he was really able to think it through. "Hey, do you want to grab some dinner at the mess hall after this?" he suggested, immediately second-guessing himself even though he spoke with confidence. What if she took that the wrong way?
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/22/2012, 7:59 pm

Salone nodded, "That would be nice."
She continued to drill the Heros in hand to hand combat, occasionaly useing Riley to demonstrate moves and manuvers. When she was done she started to slean up again after dissmissing her class.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)
Page 2 of 42Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next