Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/23/2012, 9:48 pm

Riley grinned. Had she really just said yes? She did? Riley really shouldn't have been that surprised, since she'd been chummy with him earlier. He knew he didn't really understand her at all, though, which caused him to question his expectations of her. He helped her clean up, wiping down the mats once more and beginning to roll them up, as was done daily when classes were over.
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

Location : If I told you? Well... that would be a big mess to clean up.

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/23/2012, 10:30 pm

Salone at one point vanished to the girl's locker rooms. When she returned she had changed out of her gym clothes. Her T-shirt was black with bold white letters that spelled 'What Part of BWAHAHA!!! Don't You Understand,' jeans with a hole in the knee, and neon blue converse with black laces. Her wild blonde hair had met it's match with a brush and was twisted into a braid that looked like it wasn't going to come out anytime soon.
Her duffle bag was dark green and slung over her shoulder. Her water bottle, freshly filled swung from her finger tips.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/25/2012, 6:24 pm

Riley waited patiently for Salone, packing up his knapsack full of things. She reemerged, freshly changed. "Hey!" he said, grinning at her. "You ready to book it out of here?"
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/26/2012, 10:07 pm

"Yes let us...." She paused for a moment forgetting the phrase. "Blow this Popsicle stand?"
Yes, that was it. Several years ago she only came in contact with hound and didn't know any of the mortal lingo. She used to use old phrases like, 'Doth your mother know you wearith her drapes?'
OCC- Extra credit points if you can guess what movie that is from
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/28/2012, 12:14 am

((I have heard it before, but I have no idea where it's from LOL))

Riley grinned. "Let's," he replied, readjusting his backpack on his shoulder, and he waited for Salone to begin walking to go out of the arena.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/28/2012, 5:09 pm

((Avengers))

Salone left the arena for dinner.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime11/4/2012, 6:45 pm

((Do you want to stay in this topic, or change topics?))

Riley walked with Salone, leaving the arena and stepping out into the relatively sunny evening. He grinned. Thank god it wasn't raining anymore.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 12:58 am

((https://halfbloodmania.rpg-board.net/t3186p475-the-mess-hall))
((She had to take care of some unfinished business there and that is why I switched topics)
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/10/2012, 11:42 pm

((Hey! I am SO sorry I haven't posted until now, things have been crazy and I completely forgot about this. D: I promise to post more frequently now!))

Hound bounded towards the forest, Riley and Salone on his back. Riley was forced to hang onto Salone, though he didn't mind much. He hoped she'd understand, though he couldn't see why she wouldn't. "Did you tell him to take us someplace? He seems awfully eager to get there..." Riley spoke, moving his mouth close to her ear so she could hear him over the rush of the wind. Suddenly Hound was skidding to a stop, sending Riley flying forward into Salone and sliding down off Hound's side. He tried to release his grip on Salone as he went tumbling down but wasn't sure how successful he was. He landed flat on his butt, his hands flailing behind him to break his fall. "What the hell, Hound?" he asked, though he couldn't help but chuckle. Of course he would fall on his butt. Just his luck.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/11/2012, 12:06 am

Salone tumbled down with Riley and landed underneath him. When Riley was crushed up against her Salone could feel the muscles on him. Decently sized too. She had the wind knocked out of her so she let her head lay on the ground, "Your squishing me Riley."
He smells good...
Hound snapped her tail impatiently. She lowered her great head so it was eye level.
"Lets get something strait mortal," she seemed to put allot of emphasis on the word mortal. "I am a SHE not a HE! If you make that assumption again I will personally tear out your own liver and eat it in-front of your face as you die."
"Hound!" Salone smacked half heartily at hound. "Not nice."

((You are forgiven))
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/11/2012, 12:30 am

Riley blushed profusely as he realized he'd landed atop Salone, something he'd tried to avoid. "Sorry," he murmured, lifting his weight off of Salone and standing up, brushing the dirt off of his pants legs. He held out a hand to help Salone up but then Hound was all in his face and he stumbled backwards as he got a whiff of hot jackal breath. Eurgh. Riley cringed slightly as she scolded him, but he couldn't help but smirk at the strange nature of the situation. "Well, that was graphic," he commented with a dark chuckle. "But I have no idea what you have against us guys. I, for one, think we're pretty awesome. Even though I've learned recently that there are girls who are surpass us in badassness." Riley smirked, nudging Salone.

((yay! omg we should make it start raining at some point. riley'd flip out and there'd be some drama o.o.))
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/11/2012, 1:03 am

With help from Riley, Salone got to her feet. "It's okay," she murmured in response. "Not the first or last time a guy has landed on me"
"Well, that was graphic," he commented with a dark chuckle. "But I have no idea what you have against us guys. I, for one, think we're pretty awesome. Even though I've learned recently that there are girls who are surpass us in badassness." Riley smirked, nudging Salone.
She felt herself turn pink... "Uhh...thanks?"
A drop of water landed on her forehead, she touched it and looked at it with an slightly amused expression. Then her gaze landed on Riley
"Its raining."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/11/2012, 8:28 pm

Riley laughed as Salone turned pink. "Don't worry, that was definitely a compliment. You're welcome." He said the last part softly, watching her for a second before she startled at a raindrop that had fallen on her head. Crap. It was raining? Riley looked up at the trees. It didn't seem to be raining. "You sure? Maybe the trees are just dripping from earlier," he suggested, though he frowned.

Then a big fat drop of water landed on the nape of his neck, causing him to shudder, and he knew he was screwed. He stifled a swear and moved closer under a tree, hoping that the rain wouldn't be too bad here in the forest. But then another drop hit his face, and another, and he could feel his body beginning to tremble, longing to transform him. He could run away, if he wanted. But then he would look like a coward and he didn't think it would go over well with Salone. Riley hated this, this running from the water, this stupidity. He felt like the Wicked Witch of the West, freaking out at a mere raindrop. He almost wished he melted. Anything but turning into a freaking old man.

He stopped himself from freaking out, for the moment, even though his self control was slipping as the rain started to come down in a light drizzle, drops of it pooling together and penetrating the tree cover. Salone was here. He had to remember that. He took a deep breath, trying to steady himself, and savored the steady influx of air that came with being in a young body.

"We can try and get back to camp, but I don't see the rain letting up. It's kind of inevitable that I'm going to shift. I don't..." Riley trailed off for a second, looking down at the ground, unsure as to what he was about to say. I don't know what we should do. I don't know what you want to do. I don't want you to see me like this. I don't want you to think differently of me because of this stupid power.

"If you want to leave, I'll make it back there, meet up with you later. You don't have to stay here with me..."

Riley tried to shield himself from the rain as it began to come down harder, but it was no use. He clenched his hand into a fist, digging his fingernails into the soft skin of his palm and trying to remain young as long as possible using sheer will.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/12/2012, 12:02 am

Salone looked at Riley, jaw set. Never a good sign. She had a slightly square jaw and it gave her a look of a super hero... not a lot... just slightly...
"DO you honestly think I'm going to leave you? " She sounded incredulous, "I don't abandon people. Even if they find it embarrassing."
She grabbed Riley's wrist and walked over to stand underneath a wide leafed Oak tree, protecting them slightly from the rain.
"It looks like a light rain that should blow over in five minutes." She indicated the fluffy white cotton candy clouds. "Besides I'm curious. Is it suddenly Poof?" she waved her hands around to emphasize the word POOF. "Or do you age as if somebody hits the fast forward button on your life span?"
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/12/2012, 12:24 am

Riley allowed Salone to guide him to the tree, watching her carefully. He couldn't help but chuckle at her interest. Another drop of water dripped insistently against his shoulder and he shuddered once more, trying to suppress the change.

"It's neither," he responded. "Well... kind of. It's not 'suddenly poof,' as you put it so nicely, but it's not really fast-forwarding either. I don't become a middle-aged guy before an old man, in case you're wondering," he smirked for her sake. "I kind of just shift into an old grandpa. It takes a little while, and I need to touch enough water to change fully, but it'll happen." Riley held out his hand so she could see it, stretching his fingers out and tracing his other hand along it. As he looked, lines etched themselves into his skin, which became very subtly softer and more worn, his veins more pronounced. He looked away, horrified. He couldn't see himself but he would bet the roots of his hair were turning grayer as he stood there. His cheeks flushed, and his embarrassment was unimaginable.

"I just... I don't see a point to this. It will never help me. I don't feel grateful for this at all. I wish I was just... normal. Even though that sounds so cliché. I don't know if I even want to be a demigod, not if this is what is means. Kids of Hephaestus get cool, fire-making powers. What do I get? Turning into an old man against my will doesn't help anyone." Riley's voice was strained, measured, and he closed his eyes and tilted his head back against the rough tree bark as he tried to stop himself from turning more than he had. He drew in a shaky breath, already beginning to feel the effects of the shift on his lungs even though he probably wasn't even half shifted.

He wanted to tell Salone how grateful he was that she was staying here with him, but he didn't want to relinquish his concentration on staying young. He'd never tried this before, actually, resisting the shift. It was weird. And difficult. He didn't know how much longer he'd hold out, and he figured this was pointless if the rain didn't let up, but he didn't think it would hurt to try. Maybe the fact that someone was here with him and he really didn't want to shift was helping, a defense mechanism of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/12/2012, 12:33 am

Salone watched calmly. Her blond hair becoming damp and clinging to her face. Her amber brown eyes inspected every inch of the change. She grinned suddenly at an idea....
"You could steal something as an old guy..." she suggested. "But something tells me only a Hermes child could do that."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/12/2012, 12:45 am

Riley managed a laugh. "Right, like I could move fast enough to get away with that," he replied with a small smile, trying to make light of the situation. The misty drizzle landed on his face and he did his best to wipe the water off, but it only made it worse. He was losing himself. He clenched his hand into a fist once more, hoping the pain his fingernails brought to his palm would root him to the ground. He met Salone's eyes for a brief moment and he couldn't help but be struck by how pretty they were. Gods, Riley, you're shifting into an old man. How creepy is that?
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/12/2012, 1:12 am

Salone suddenly looked at Riley worried.
"Does it hurt?" It seemed like a childish question. Then she furrowed her brow.
"Are you suppressing it? I plan on sticking around so i'm going to see it eventually." She crossed her arms across her chest. "I have bigger things to be embarrassed about than you do."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/12/2012, 4:32 pm

Riley shook his head. "It doesn't hurt," he murmured, looking down and stretching out his fingers again at the rain streaked down his face.The lines had etched themselves more deeply into his skin, now, and he knew it wouldn't be long before he was shifted fully once he lost his grip on his body. His hand curled into a fist again. "Just feels really, really weird," he commented. Of course it felt weird. He wasn't supposed to be old. Salone prodded him, and he sighed. "I'm suppressing it," he admitted. "I've never suppressed it before, though. I've never really tried. I think this situation helps. I'm not panicking, and I have a very strong resolve at the moment." Riley shrugged. He could feel the tingling in his limbs grow as he spoke, building up and threatening to take over his body. He wanted it to stop. But then he didn't, because he'd have to turn. He clenched his jaw, but it was no use. His body took over, age creeping through his blood. He could feel his skin as it wrinkled and became thinner, more papery. Salome claimed she'd experienced things that were much more embarrassing, but that was hard for Riley to imagine as the waves of shame washed over him. This was so stupid. He didn't reply, though, but that was mostly because he could meet her eyes. He knew that she didn't care, that she wouldn't hold it against them, but how could he look at someone seriously knowing that he looked like their grandfather? He wished he could melt into the damp bark of the tree.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/12/2012, 7:13 pm

Salone watched, her head cocked to one side like a small child or puppy. Then she saw the tiny differences. The laugh lines and crow's feet became more pronounced. His hair was graying and his fingers became knotted and veined. Salone hadn't let go of Riley's wrist. Slowly, she raised his hand to eye level.
"Well," she said. "It's more subtle that I thought. The poofieness of the whole thing was rather lacking."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/12/2012, 8:49 pm

Riley just nodded. "Yeah, no 'poofiness,'" he confirmed, with a small smile. The rain seemed to be letting up a bit. Yeah, just in time, he thought saracastically. Riley'd turned fully, now, and he hated the feeling of being old. His limbs felt unstable, and everything about him screamed fragile. All of the energy he had in his normal body had left him, and even the heartbeat that reverberated in his chest wasn't as strong as it was when he was young. His muscle remained, but it was weakened and fruitless. "This just doesn't make any sense to me. Why is there a god of old age, anyway? And why the hell would my mom want to have an affair with him?" Riley shuddered at the thought. "Then again, if there wasn't a god of old age I wouldn't exist, so there's that..." Riley closed his eyes for a second, still not meeting Salone's eyes. He hated this. He just wanted to be young again. He couldn't help but be entertained by Salone's fascination at his situation, though. It was kind of endearing in an odd way. He admired the fact that she showed little disgust at the sight of him like this. Then again, she knew what it was like to be stared at, what with her scarring. Still, he appreciated the fact that she was here with him.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/12/2012, 9:42 pm

Salone listened to him complain for a few minutes before letting her lips twitch in amusement.
"You know there are cases of women going for older men. Or men going for older women."
She saw Riley watching her and felt her cheeks color. "If there wasn't a god of old age we'd all stay eternally young. How boring would that be."
She arched an dark blonde eyebrow in statement. She lowered his hand and felt their fingers intertwine.
"Besides I don't mind older people... I find them fascinating. Imagining all the stories they'd tell."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/12/2012, 10:42 pm

Riley let Salone take his hand, flushing when she said that women went for older men sometimes but couldn't help but feel wrong.

"I understand that people need to age, but I'm only just 17. I think that this is just a little unfair. I have no stories to tell, save for the ones about my ridiculous shape-shifting..." He trailed off. "You can't tell me that this doesn't feel slightly creepy right now," Riley lifted their hands, her young, smooth fingers around his old, wrinkly, veiny ones.

"So, while I appreciate the fact that people can grow old, I'd really rather not grow old myself, at least not right now," he sighed, feeling as if he were complaining too much.

"Sorry," he murmured. "You probably have your own problems, and I'm sitting here whining about my life to you." He ran a hand through his hair. The rain had let up significantly, with only a few drops here and there. The sun shone through the trees, and even though it was December at camp the air was still about 50-60 degrees. "Can we find someplace sunny? It will help me shift back, so long as it doesn't start to rain again." Thankfully he hadn't gotten too drenched by the rain, otherwise he'd have to go back to the cabin and change his entire outfit... something he wanted to avoid. What would campers think if they saw an old man walking through camp, into one of the cabins?
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/12/2012, 11:17 pm

Salone dropped his hand and looked at him directly, "People judge when they don't have enough information Riley. "
Her eyes were hard and glittering like a predator of another world... another lifetime....
"Besides you haven't seen creepy until you've met me." A cool smile flickered across her face. She turned, put her fingers to her lips. Letting loose a shrill whistle as the rain stopped. Hound came loping up the hill, her eyes flat and silver in the lighting. Salone walked over to her and pulled the dufflebag off of the creature's back. She unzipped it and pulled out a towel.
"It's clean," She said softly bringing it back to him.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/12/2012, 11:34 pm

Riley couldn't help but give a small smile back, at her confidence. Confidence radiated off of her being and it was hard to believe that this girl had anything to be ashamed of. She approached him with a towel and he took it from her.

"Thanks," he murmured, running it his head, arms and neck to wipe away any excess rain. Most of it had landed on his sweater and hadn't seeped through, and his jeans kept him pretty protected. Already he could feel the strength seeping back into his bones, although it would take at least five minutes before he looked like himself again. He ran the towel through his hair, hoping it would absorb any of the excess water that it might have been holding. He looked up at Salone.

"Hey... thanks for staying with me. It means a lot. Most people..." he trailed off. "I know you're not most people, but I appreciate the fact that you can be so calm about something like this." He managed a smile in her direction, looking down at his hand. His skin began to become smoother, the grooves in his skin disappearing just as quickly as they'd appeared. He smile grew, and he held out his hand to show her.

"Honestly, I think this part is far more impressive than the whole turning old part."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)
Page 3 of 42Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next