Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

Location : If I told you? Well... that would be a big mess to clean up.

Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/13/2012, 1:08 am

Salone took the towel back with out saying anything. She flashed him a small smile and then continued to put the towel away into the bag. She was about to speak when she was distracted. She put a hand on Hound's shoulder and looked around the front of her. She somewhat resembled a kitten peeping around a corner. She bit her lip and moved forward. Hound trailing behind her.
"It sounds awful big," The creature said.
"Aye," She replied. She walked in silence for the next five minutes. That is when the stench hit.
Something... rotting....
Then she stopped a few feet away from the corpse of a mountain lion. It stunk to Hades and back but Salone didn't seem to smell anything.
She looked at it and blinked.
"That cougar is going to stink up the whole camp," She said. Then she waved her hand in front of her face. The dead animal began to move. It rose to it's feet and empty sockets stared blankly back at her. It's face was half gone and was mainly composed of rotted flesh.
"Get out of here."She said. Then the dead cougar loped away towards the borders of the camp. Then she doubled over breathing hard like she had run a marathon...
Back to top Go down
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/13/2012, 9:19 pm

Riley followed Salone, unsure as to what was going on. "Where are we going?" he asked her, though he didn't really expect a response. She looked far too focused to give him a legitimate one. By the time she stopped, he was fully young again, and he felt good, strong. He stopped a couple feet from her, watching curiously.

The smell hit him like a ton of bricks. Salone didn't seem fazed. Riley coughed, clamping his hand over his face and suppressing the urge to gag. He forced himself to look at the animal in front of them... a dead mountain lion, by the looks of it. It looked disgusting, rotted and half gone. But Riley was interested, now. Salone waved her hand in front of her face, and- wait, did the lion just move? He watched in disbelief as it rose to face her and fled at her first command. He was at a loss for words. That was... insanely creepy. But it was absolutely amazing at the same time.

Riley almost didn't realize when Salone doubled over, looking extremely exhausted. Forcing his hand away from his face he stumbled over to her, unsure as to what he was supposed to do. On instinct he crouched down beside her, wrapping an arm around her waist in an attempt to keep her from falling over. "Hey, Salone, you okay?" he asked her, genuine concern etched in his face.
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/13/2012, 11:49 pm

Salone realized with a start, she had started crying. She rubbed her eyes and took a shaky breath, tears still coursing down her face. She, heavyhearted, tried to push Riley away.
"I'm going to get you wet," she said wiping her cheeks. "I can hear them... the dead... It's so hard... she died protecting her cub... and in the end she failed... " for each gap in her sentence there was a body wracking sob. Hound watched on with pity.
"Little one," she said softly.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/14/2012, 12:06 am

"No, it's alright. It's not like you're dumping water on me. I'm not going to shift again," he promised, allowing her to push him away but resting his hand gently on her shoulder, his thumb tracing patterns on her shoulder-blade. His eyes softened as he realized what she had to bear as a child of Anubis. He let her sob for a few minutes, unable to do much else.

"Do you hear people?" he asked softly. This probably wasn't the right time to ask that question, but when was? Carefully he moved his arm around her again, figuring she'd push him off if she didn't want him near her. He watched her expression apprehensively, hoping he didn't screw something up with her.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/14/2012, 12:39 am

Salone buried her head in his chest and took a while to respond,
"Yes... anything that has once lived... and died... Its awful... " She hiccuped herself into silence. She took a few moments breathing in the smell of Riley before looking up. "That is why I avoid the funeral pyre... I didn't go to my mom's funeral... or grandpa's..."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/14/2012, 1:00 am

Riley let Salone cry, wrapping his other arm around her and gently playing with the braid in her hair. His heart ached for her. He couldn't imagine having to deal with hearing the thoughts of the dead, even while it might be useful sometimes. He met her eyes as she looked up at him. "That makes sense, I suppose," he murmured, because he didn't know what else to say. He hated when people told him they were sorry, and he guessed that Salone might too. It wasn't like it was their fault. "That's so crazy, though. Incredible. But for someone to have to bear the weight of that, the burden of listening to the deceased..." Riley met her eyes again. "I complain so much about my godly 'powers,' I didn't realize..."
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/14/2012, 1:23 am

Salone suddenly realized her close proximity to Riley and she quickly disentangled herself.
"Yeah well one gets used to it... until it comes back and hits you in the face." She shook her head in disgust. "There have been worse ones..." she shuddered and leaned against hound. Her eyes watched Riley... they seemed dark and calculating. There was a side to her that always seemed to get in the way of her getting close to anyone particular person. Almost like a solid wall of ice...
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/15/2012, 10:34 pm

Riley allowed herself to disentangle herself from his arms. He'd kind of expected that to happen, though for a moment there it seemed like she needed him, like she was grateful for the fact that he was there. A wave of rejection welled in his chest but he suppressed it. He just nodded at what she said, shifting awkwardly from foot to foot as she watched him with her analytical eyes. One second she was clinging to him, her face buried in his chest as she sobbed, and the next second she was standing protectively against her gigantic jackal. He kind of understood why she was doing what she was doing, but not really. He took a tentative step forward.

"Salone..." Riley didn't know what to say. He didn't know what she wanted him to say. He tugged at the bottom of his sweater with one hand, trying to channel his nervous ADHD energy. He shook his head, looking away before meeting her eyes again. "I can't imagine what you must go through. Is there any way I can help you? I mean, I obviously can't make it stop or anything, but if you ever want to get it off your chest I'm always here to talk to. Or I could leave, if that's what you want..." Riley trailed off. He didn't want to leave her here, not after she'd just broken down in front of him. It didn't feel right.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/15/2012, 10:49 pm

Salone was a difficult person to understand. Her constant changing moods made sure of that. She let loose a bitter laugh, "last time I let someone help I got these. I saw someone die..."
Salone touched her face softly running a finger over her scars. Her amber brown eyes fixed on him. "But I don't want you to leave either. "
she said that last bit rather softly. She needed a friend. Salone wasn't a social butterfly.... she was a lurker... someone who nobody could put a name to, besides 'the girl with the freaky scars'. If he could turn into something more... great...
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/15/2012, 11:13 pm

Riley felt a fresh wave of rejection as she laughed, his heart wrenching, His emotion was probably written all over his face. He didn't understand what she was saying. She got her scars... from the person who helped her? Someone died... but who? Maybe he didn't want to know the whole story. She watched him as he stood, rooted to the ground as his rejection settled over him. He almost didn't believe it when she spoke again.

"...I don't want you to leave either." Before Riley realized what he was doing he took a step so he stood before her, meeting her eyes. "I would never hurt you," he whispered, longing seeping through his voice. "I wouldn't let someone hurt you, either. Not if I could stop them from doing so." He looked at her, lost. "Though I know from experience that you can defend yourself pretty well," he spoke, a half-smile emerging on his face as he chuckled. Carefully he reached out, his thumb gently tracing the end of one of her scars as it cut across her cheek to her jawbone.

"How?" he breathed, his words were as soft as they were probing. He knew that this was pushing it, asking her a question like this. He let his hand fall from her face, looking away for a moment. "Sorry, if you don't want to answer, you don't have to. I shouldn't have asked." Riley flushed, feeling guilty.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/15/2012, 11:39 pm

Salone closed her eyes at his touch... it felt so.... nice.
"Though I know from experience that you can defend yourself pretty well," he had said.
"You don't realize the truth of your words. You know that Disney movie Ratatouille?" She opened her eyes. "There a multiple ways to kill a man with a thumb and I know all of them," She said this without flinching. Her heart was pounding in her chest at how close he was. Hound wasn't going to move at all.

"I met a mortal- or who I thought was a mortal. He called himself Ian, but now he goes by a different name. He was intelligent, funny, ... cute..., he didn't treat me like the other kids did. ... one day his pet cat died. I told him what I could do. I felt so bad for him and gave him a last hour with his cat. His dad found us in the backyard. He hit me, called me foul names. I ran away from my home that night. Mom wouldn't care, she hated me. Hound took me to say goodbye to him. But he wanted to come with me. I didn't have the courage to break his heart. He came and he helped me with my powers. They had just showed up and were very strong... dangerous even. At one point we had reached Arizona, there was this creature. It looked like it ripped Ian in half. I ran. " She took a deep breath, "Then about a year and a half ago, I saw him sitting at the Egyptian table. Perfectly whole and fine. I left. But he had seen me. He cornered me... attacked me... claiming I had abandoned him to die in the desert. Fabian Black, son of Bast, sliced open my face with retractable claws. I barely escaped with my life."
She sat there her eyes down at the ground. A bit of her shadowy past had been told... but not all....
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/16/2012, 12:26 am

Riley listened to her as she spoke, watching her carefully. He could barely believe what she was telling him, especially when she got to the part about meeting Fabian again. He was at a loss for words. How could someone do that to her? She was so kind and beautiful and it hadn't been her fault. Riley reached out to trace her scar again. "Thank you for telling me," he whispered, his voice still filled with disbelief and horror. "I know it's probably hard, to relive that. I don't know how someone could do that to you... to anyone. It's so awful."
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/16/2012, 12:37 am

She closed her eyes again at his touch. This time he traced the smallest scar and his finger brushed the bottom of her lip. Her heart pounded harder even in her chest, so loud she was sure Riley could hear it. Or at least see her pulse fluttering in her neck. Why did he affect her like this? Eli hadn't... nor Ian...
"Thanks for listening," she answered, looking up at him. Sweet Isis he was tall. "Not a lot of people take the time."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/16/2012, 12:55 am

"Well, you did stay with me and watch me turn into an old man. It was the least I could do." Riley gave her a small smile, leaning his head down so their foreheads nearly touched. "Plus, I don't mind listening." He wanted to kiss her so badly, but he felt like that would be selfish and inconsiderate, considering she'd just spilled a major portion of her life story to him. He'd completely forgotten that Hound was there.

"You're beautiful," Riley whispered, his thumb still touching the spot where her scar met the curve of her lip. The words tumbled out of his mouth before he could stop them. Crap. He'd probably just ruined everything. He was so selfish.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/16/2012, 1:08 am

"You're beautiful," Riley whispered, his thumb still touching the spot where her scar met the curve of her lip.
Salone felt her blood boil at his touch... her stomach was flipping over and over hundreds of miles a minute. She felt rooted to the spot, unable to move.
"Did you just say that?" Her voice was filled with awe. It was hard to believe his mouth was mere inches from hers.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/16/2012, 1:16 am

Riley dropped his hand from her face, his heart racing. Had he really just said that? He'd meant it. He'd thought it. He couldn't tell if Salone was shocked in a good way or in a bad way. What if she didn't like him, not in that way?

"I didn't mean to!" he blurted out before realizing how awful that sounded. "I mean, I did. I meant it. I was thinking it, but I didn't mean to say it. The words slipped out of my mouth before I could stop them. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't know how you would feel about it. I didn't want to ruin this... this friendship we have. Did I ruin it?" Riley forced himself to meet her eyes, his face slightly farther away from hers.

"You're beautiful, though. In case you needed to hear it again." Since he'd said it, there was no harm in saying it again. She might punch him in the face, but that was okay. He probably deserved it after being so insensitively sensitive.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/16/2012, 1:36 am

Several different scenarios ran through Salone's brain. One of the one's at the top of her list was to grab Riley by the front of his shirt, tell him what an idiot he was, then kiss him. But Salone didn't chose that one. She stuffed her hands in her jean pockets and forced a smile. It was fake but Salone was a very good faker.. a lier even.
"It's fine. It just meant allot to me in the way, " and near kissing position, she added silently, "you said it. I don't hear it at all."
She had been wounded and it hurt. A girl knows when to retreat.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/16/2012, 1:49 am

Another new, fresh wave of rejection washed over Riley. He took a step back from her, nodding. "Okay. I get it." He ran a hand through his hair, embarrassed but glad that she wasn't angry with him, that the comment meant something to her. That didn't stop him from wanting to kiss her, still. He was glad he hadn't done so before. That might've made things more complicated. He forced a smile in her direction. "So, we're friends?" he asked her, maintaining his smile. Oh gods. He'd just been friend-zoned without even realizing it.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/16/2012, 2:02 am

Salone felt her heart sink to her toes. She wanted... she sighed an inward sigh...
"If you feel your up for it," She smiled again. It felt fake and plastic... If... had a lot of meanings... if he had kissed her.... if... if... if...
She wanted to go bang her head against a tree. She felt unbalanced...
"Do you wanna go for another ride?" She motioned to Hound.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/16/2012, 2:19 am

Riley forced himself to give her another smile. "Of course I'm up for it," he told her. He still wanted to kiss her. He took another step backwards. Salone seemed uncertain, even as she smiled. Riley had no idea why. He wished he could read her emotions.

"Sure, I'll go for another ride," Riley said, shrugging. At least he'd get to be close to her.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/16/2012, 2:44 am

"Your driving," she patted Hound. She offered him a leg up with her best poker face in place. She didn't give him much of an option in the matter. She didn't want to feel him pressed up against her back... She might do something stupid...
After she was seated behind him she said in his ear, "We can go anywhere on this Continent with her. You chose were to go, you just have to ask."
She was leaning against his back with her arms wrapped around his stomach.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/16/2012, 2:27 pm

Riley grinned. "Okay," he said. He let her give him a leg up but mostly used his strength to pull himself up, holding out a hand for her afterwards. She settled behind him, her chest pressed up against his back and her arms wrapped comfortably around his waist. Was she trying to torture him? He shivered slightly as she spoke into his ear. "Anywhere? Wouldn't it take forever to get to the west coast?" he asked Salone, instinctively turning his head to look at her and finding himself almost nose to nose with her. If he just leaned forward a bit... Riley disregarded this thought, blushing and turning his head to the side. "Is there anywhere in particular youwant to go?
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/16/2012, 2:37 pm

At the words West and Coast, Hound jumped forward and the world became a blur around them. The wind whistled and howled like they were in the center of a tornado. Then everything stopped moving and the adrenalin rush of moving so fast was gone.
They were in California... better yet Salone's old neighborhood.
"Oh my," she said a little out of breath. The houses looked run down, with chipped white paint and cracked windows.
"I think you should have been a little more directional... we are in my old neighborhood..." She seemed nervous.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/16/2012, 3:15 pm

Riley frowned, looking at Salone in concern. "Oh... I didn't think..." he trailed off, taking her hand gently. "Do you want to go somewhere else? We could go to LA, maybe. I've never been there, actually, but I'm sure we'd find our way around." Riley offered her a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/16/2012, 3:57 pm

((Riley's second chance is coming up Very Happy ))

Salone didn't seem to hear him, "I wonder..."
She slipped of Hound, her fingers slipping out of Riley's. She looked across the street for cars then she ran towards a house. She stopped on the house's front step and pushed the slightly crooked door open.
She turned back to Riley and motioned to him.
She stepped inside and looked around, the house had been clearly pillaged. Many of the main appliances gone. But Salone didn't waste time in here she hurried up the stairs off to her left. She stopped at a door, when she tried the handle it was locked.
She swore under her breath taking off her shoe. Out of the heal she pulled out a few wires and a funny looking tool. Thus, she began to pick the lock. After about five minutes the lock clicked and the door swung open. She replaced all of her tools and her shoe. And pushed it open. Everything was covered in a fine layer of dust. The bed, dresser, and night stand.
"wow..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)   Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blowing off some steam... (PRIVATE: Anime)
Page 4 of 42Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next