Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cold Waters Still Flow

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

Cold Waters Still Flow Empty
PostSubject: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/5/2013, 8:37 pm

Ashton felt the sand crunch under his miltary issued combat boots as he walked toward the lake. Water wasn't his strong point but Ashton felt like some time next to the semi salty waves. The large son of Anubis sat on the edge of the dock and crossed his legs to keep the leather dry.
Back to top Go down
http://kaneegyptian.forumotion.com/
Wednesday
Demigod
Wednesday

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/5/2013, 8:47 pm

Sebella was resting on the water. Literally on it. She had been there for five minutes. She'd have to go under soon. Her time limit with her power of being able stay on the water. She sat there, meditating. She opened her eyes and caught sight of a guy. She wrinkled her nose in disgust. She hated men. Utterly detested them. But there you go. She decided to let go and dive under with a splash. She swam to the bank and sat on it, finding her towel she had left there earlier and drying her face.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

Location : If I told you? Well... that would be a big mess to clean up.

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/5/2013, 8:53 pm

Danielle Swift walked in her red hair in a hurried braid and deep in thought. Earlier she had just left the infirmary and had her collar bone fixed. Right bellow her collarbone was a silvery circular scar that couldn't have come from a normal demigod weapon. She dumped the towel on the lake side, jogged over the edge, the dog tags around her neck clinking, and ran strait into the water. She stopped when the water reached her chest. Then she submerged herself in the icy water and came back up, clearing her mind. Then headed back up to the lakeside and sat on the towel dripping.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/5/2013, 9:05 pm

Ashton was really stressed but he sure as hell wasn't stupid enough to dive into the water. He was about to get up and leave the lake when he saw two different people. One was a girl who had been sitting on the water. She had noticed him and he had seen the scowl cross her face. It didn't really bother him since most girls were stuck up anyhow and none of them really understood someone like him. The second person was also a girl but far different. She had run across wearing dog tags and other military stuff. That was strange but he didn't care. Then Ashton watched as the second girl dove into the water and immediately came back to shore. It was interesting how she seemed to know her way around weapons and the cold water didn't affect her.
Back to top Go down
Wednesday
Demigod
Wednesday

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/5/2013, 9:23 pm

Sebella rubbed at her hair with the towel, standing up and bumping into someone. She looked up and scoffed. "Shan? Why are you here?"

Shan shrugged. "Uh... Internet?" she tried. "I don't know. Hey, guess what!"

"What?" Sebella asked, watching as Shan pulled something from behind her back and started dancing backwards.

"I GOT A JAR OF DIRT! I GOT A JAR OF DIRT! I GOT A JAR OF DIRT! AND GUESS WHAT'S INSIDE IT!" Shan called out and bumped into someone. "Terribly sorry!"

Sebella rushed to help Shan. "You're an idiot..." Sebella grinned and rolled her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/5/2013, 9:40 pm

Ashton looked to the spot where the jet ski he had rode to the bay was hidden. It was only a couple yards away, but then his eyes were drawn back to the others. Now there was a third girl, but she didn't seem like much. Screaming about a jar of dirt, the third girl bumped into someone else and Ashton snickered. He was still focused on the military girl. Unknown to himself, Ashton had pulled a dagger from his boot and was spinning it in his palm. As a final thought, Ashton slammed the blade of the dagger into the wooden dock and then pulled it out. He started to stand up to go talk to them but then his mind overrode his other body functions and he sat back down, confused as hell.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/5/2013, 9:44 pm

Danni looked around at the two girls and their strangeness... She suppressed a grin as she toweled off her hair and she spotted a guy standing a little distance off and she offered a small smile before going back to drying off her long legs. She took her dog tags off and shook them, getting all of the water droplets off before putting the metal back on were it pressed against her neck. Danni stood and stretched, but stopped mid stretch her eyes fixed on the spinning dagger. Almost instantly, her mind was calculating several different ways to disarm him and possibly get away... but it was most likely he didn't intend to do any harm.
Back to top Go down
Wednesday
Demigod
Wednesday

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/5/2013, 9:58 pm

Shan looked around and saw the guy and the girl. Shan tugged on Sebella's arm. "So... Do you ship those two?"

Sebella looked at Shan with a wrinkled nose. "Are you forgetting I think all men are stupid deserters?" she asked. She unfortunately said it loud enough for any guy around the lake to hear. She scowled. "Come on, Shan... Let's not talk your nonsense right now."

"But my jar of dirt!" Shan said and ran toward the dock, not caring for the dagger and keeping her eyes on Sebella. Her focus shifted and Shan smiled at the image she saw behind Sebella. "Oh hello, Mavis!"

Just as her MDD kicked in, Shan fell into the water.

Sebella was already running to the dock and stopped. "Dammit..." she said. She dove into the water. She knew Shan wasn't a strong swimmer. She helped the girl get to the dock again. "Stop messing about, Shan. I may have to drown you."

Shan smiled crookedly. "Oh look... A knife," she said and pointed at it.

Sebella looked at the guy. "Hey. Do you mind not playing with that? Some of us might think you were stupid enough to try something like fight one of us."

"Sebs!" Shan said. "I meant that it was shiny!"
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/5/2013, 10:22 pm

Ashton noticed the commotion of the two girls and then saw the smile from the third girl. He wasn't sure why but he felt all nervous. Then he saw the frown and heard the two girls splash into the water. When they made it up onto the dock, the one who had scowled at him demanded he stop playing with the dagger. So, Ashton slid the dagger into his boot sheathe and went about ignoring the annoying two while he tried to analyze the military girl.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/6/2013, 7:34 pm

Danni pulled her eyes away from the dagger, but made a mental note that it was there and proceeded to pick up her towel and move to a much more sunny spot. It was slightly farther way from the boy on the docks and the two bickering girls. But, also much more calming. With an expression of boredom she picked up a flat rock and proceeded to skip it across the lake surface while the one girl... Shan... the other girl had mentioned her name.... proceeded to proclaim about a Jar of Dirt.
Back to top Go down
Wednesday
Demigod
Wednesday

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/6/2013, 7:36 pm

Sebella dragged Shan away.

((Sorry guys! I felt left out of it... GOOD LUCK~))
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/6/2013, 7:46 pm

Ashton sighed as the annoying girls left and then he saw that his finger had a slight graze from the blade of his dagger as he had put it back into his boot. Luckily it hadn't broken the skin since it was poisoned by a pit scorpion. Finally giving up on not talking to the girl a little ways away, Ashton stood up and walked over to her slowly. It was awkward not even knowing who she was but Ashton knew, as if by a 6th sense, that she was wary of what he was doing. Then Ashton decided for a more calming manner. "Hey, did those two annoy you as well?" Ashton was unsure of himself but he didn't really care.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/6/2013, 8:09 pm

"More like amused," Danni responded picking up another rock. Her sky blue eyes looked at it as she turned it over in her fingers. Then she skipped it across the lake. "Not everyday you hear somebody confess their love for a Jar of Dirt."
Her accent rumbled faintly when she spoke and she twisted the dog tags around her finger, thinking.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/7/2013, 3:28 pm

Ashton knew he had an accent that most people didn't recognize, since it was a mixture of Egyptian and whatever the area he had grown up in, but the sound of another accent that wasn't American took him by surprise. Then the son of Anubis sighed deeply and looked at the dog tags with curiousity. "What's with the military gear and the obvious familiarity around weapons? I mean, I did notice your stare when I had my dagger out." Normally Ashton wouldn't care but he could tell that this girl wasn't normal, and that she knew more about military training than others, possibly even him.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/7/2013, 10:07 pm

Danni threw the next rock before looking at him square on, she obviously didn't like the personal questions. The Italian girl tapped the silvery circular scar right below her collar bone.
"Take a guess," she responded.
That scar was from a bullet hole. Being shot to be more exact. As for the dog tags, they were in Italian and they stated her name, her place in the military, a number, and several other things in Italian.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/8/2013, 10:28 am

Ashton grew uncomfortable and then thought of something. Reaching within himself, Ashton opened a small hole in front of him that only a child of an Egyptian deity could see. Inside the Duat resided almost all of his possessions from his past, including his military badge and the dog tags that he had cast into the Duat when he fled the rebels. Yet at this moment it seemed right to show them to this girl. "I assume you are a member of the Italian military, some sort of Spec Ops for the United States, as well as a demi god who won't take no shit from anyone." Finishing in the Duat was difficult since he had to find the gun that he had been supplied with back during his training. It wasn't anything special and he never used it, but the older model .45 caliber semiautomatic hand gun was all he had to show as a marksman. "I happen to understand things like that, since I was once a member of a military myself. My name's Ashton, son of Anubis and Second in Command of the Rebel Military off the coast of Egypt." Ashton returned his gun but also withdrew his shining cavalry sword and sheath as well as his old military cape that was a navy blue with three gold stars and two silver circles around the stars.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/8/2013, 10:29 pm

"Pretty good first guess, but your not a hundred percent correct." Danni turned and picked up another rock, it flew farther before it hit the water with a resounding splash. Her eyes narrowed at Anubis' name, Should have known... Military born and bred like myself...
"For the record I am not going to be here much longer because I am soon leaving for my home Country. I will stay there for about six months and then I will return."

Danni absentmindedly touch the back of her fiery red haired braid and she gazed out at the lake with her sky blue eyes. Though briefly her eyes focused at a point on the beach were a ghost sat lamenting.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/9/2013, 6:23 pm

Ashton nodded grimly and then lowered himself to the sand where he laid back on his back. The sun was kinda calming and he didn't know why but he was really stressed, not a stress of war but more of anxiety or fear. Still, Ashton had started this conversation and so he looked up when the girl finished speaking. "So, do you have a name? You know, one that I can say that isn't 'Girl on the beach' or something else?" Ashton thought of all of the other ways guys had found out a girl's name and none of them was ever as straight forward as this one.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/9/2013, 7:05 pm

Danielle gave him a hard long look, "Danielle Swift Daughter of Persephone, I have had stranger titles besides girl on the beach."
She let out a soft laugh before looking down at her hands, callused.
"Girl who... oh what was it... " Danni looked up at the sky, trying to remember. "Grew a man eating flower."
She let out a low chuckle, "But that was in India and another story completely."
Danni picked up another rock and skipped it across the lake. She seemed tranquil even though her nerves were knotted up in her stomach. She could feel what death was coming for her, and Danni didn't like it.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/9/2013, 9:13 pm

Ashton sighed as he started to feel better. His body was sore from all of the training and how he very rarely rested, so today was a good day in his mind. Yet Ashton couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong with Danielle, but he knew from her body language that she didn't like personal questions anymore than he liked people asking about his past. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Danielle."

Nic walked across the beach and found himself face to face with several things. First, the beach was relatively empty. Two, A strange shimmering was on the sand. And Last, there were two people talking at the far end near the dock. The son of Styx chuckled and sat down to watch how things were going.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/9/2013, 10:10 pm

Danni sat down next to him, closing her eyes. The ghost was really draining her, unfortunately banishment wasn't on her power ratio.
"Nice to meet you too, Ashton."
She drew her knees up to her chest and undid the braid so a curtain of damp red hair fell between them. Danni was a person of little words unless the words needed saying.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/9/2013, 10:28 pm

Nic's grin deepened as he saw the guy stiffen as soon as the girl let her hair down. Feeling like a jerk, Nic raised his voice and shouted over the people that were resting on the sand. "Dude, ask her out already!" Quickly, the son of the titaness disappeared over the few sand dunes seperating the Camp and the beach. He of course stayed close enough to run recon in case he needed black mail for any reasons.

Ashton had just gotten over his fit of shock when Danielle sat down when the voice rang forth. All other sounds seemed to cease and Ashton had enough time to see someone disappear over the sand. It looked like the camper everyone called Nic, son of Styx. Frankly, he was going to settle the score later, even if Nic had Styx's immortality. Yet the words seemed to be true. Ashton had wanted to ask Danielle out, but not after something like that happening. Ashton looked down and tried to act like the words hadn't been directed at them.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/9/2013, 10:56 pm

Danni felt herself turn beet red, her nails digging into her palms she stood. Danni looked directly to were Nic had been standing. Her lip curled in disgust, "Guess he thinks he's the only freak show in town."
Danni scrubbed at her forhead with the back of her hand.
"Sorry." She muttered, "I didn't mean to give him that idea."
Danni looked up at the sky.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/10/2013, 2:34 pm

Ashton nodded slightly and then thought of something. "You know, he wasn't wrong. I kinda did want to ask you out, but if you're leaving then it wouldn't really be useful." Then Ashton turned back to his stuff and started polishing the military badge he had taken out of the Duat.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime2/10/2013, 5:29 pm

Danni felt herself blush faintly and sat down agian.
You know, he wasn't wrong. I kinda did want to ask you out, but if you're leaving then it wouldn't really be useful."
"No, I guess it wouldn't. In your memory I will probably become the 'What If'." She responded softly. She propped her head on her knees.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cold Waters Still Flow   Cold Waters Still Flow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cold Waters Still Flow
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next