Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Empty
PostSubject: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/9/2014, 4:16 am

[PROCEEDS TO POST IN A NEW AREA EVEN THOUGH HAS NOT POSTED IN ESTABLISHED TOPICS FOR WEEKS. IS A HORRIBLE POSTER.]

It had been a while since Jane had been seen anywhere near the cabins. 'Seen' being the operative word -- she'd been around, lurking. After the event in which she had encountered her poor excuses for 'parents' and stabbed the girl who had taken it upon herself to hunt poor, innocent Jane, the daughter of Hymenios had looked into the ancient art of setting traps. She practiced at first in the forest -- where she also honed her fighting skills against weak monsters at the edge of the trees -- and had caught/totally slaughtered many the rabbit, fox, hellhound, etc. Once she was confident in her abilities, she did enough snooping to discover which bunk belonged to her dark-haired nemesis. The hunter was meant to become the prey. Jane had set all manner of horrible traps around the girl's bunk in the Other Gods cabin, but none of them had been triggered. In weeks. Perhaps it was because she had only practiced on stupid creatures, not demigods. A test needed to be conducted.

And so Jane set a simple trap. A net just large enough to scoop up the average half-blood, hidden just barely under the  dirt beneath a shady tree. And in the center of the net, a few (stolen) golden drachmas, which happened to be superglued to a clever bit of string and some sneaky shit. Basically, if someone went and tried to pick up the cash, the trap would launch, the net would encase the victim and they'd be hoisted a few feet into the air. And then... maybe Jane would poke them with a stick for fun, or maybe stab them, who knew?

Speaking of Jane, she was sneakily hiding in the shadow of a nearby cabin, waiting for someone stupid enough to stumble into the trap to come along.
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/9/2014, 4:25 am

I walked around the courtyard for a few minutes before coming to a tree. I hadn't done much of anything for a few days. All I did was practice lua and close combat with my Leiomana. I walked towards the tree and noticed some drachmas on the ground. Score, I thought. I needed a few extra drachmas.I walked over to pick them up, then a net trap sprang and I was trapped. I should have seen this coming...
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/9/2014, 5:33 am

Wow, that was quick. Jane felt a grin of satisfaction spread across her face. It was very different from the cutesy sort of smiles she used to give, much more sinister in motivation. She snuck out from the darkness by the cabin and approached her newfound prey, feeling bold and important and powerful. Haha. She stopped near the edge of where the net had been hidden and looked at the poor soul ensnared in her trap. "Wow, it looks like you've got yourself a bit stuck," she smirked, placing her hands on her hips.
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/9/2014, 5:44 am

I look down and see a girl come out from behind a cabin. I keep all of my anger bottled up. I had to wait for the right moment to break free a beat the shit out of this little jerk. I grip my Leiomana in my hand and say to the girl, "Well, I guess you want something. Well I have nothing. Now get me down before we have problems. One of them being you getting your face pounded or your head cut off."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/9/2014, 5:50 am

"Oh? You're not exactly in a position to threaten me," Jane remarked as she raised a hand and twirled a strand of her already curly hair around her finger. She was enjoying this feeling of having power over someone else, it was something new to her... she resolved to trap unsuspecting morons more often. "Anyways, you wouldn't hurt a pretty girl like me, right?"
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/9/2014, 5:58 am

I laugh and say, "Well, you are pretty. I will give you that. But that won't stop me from beating the shit out of you." As I say that, I cut myself out of the net with my Leiomana and land right on my feet. I continue, "My point exactly."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/9/2014, 7:37 am

Oh. That was unfortunate. He had some kind of... paddle... thing... with teeth? It looked pretty stupid, to be honest. But whatever it was, it seemed to be effective at cutting nets. It wasn't like the net was anything special to begin with, just something that she'd found in a shed with some boats on the beach, but Jane was quite miffed that her clever trap had been ruined. This guy looked miffed as well, and it looked like things were going to come to a fight. The thought made Jane a bit nervous, yet excited -- she had yet to test her newfound skills and moderate strength against an actual opponent, one on one. Stabbing that moronic girl way back when didn't count, and neither did the meals of her past.
Left hand still twirling -- mustn't stop being cute, after all -- her right rested on the knife hanging from her belt. Was it even likely that she could win? Sizing up her enemy, he was taller than her -- ridiculously tall, actually. What was that, like seven feet? Dear gods. Jane was short to begin with, barely scraping past five feet, and being out-heighted so badly was insane. Would that give her an advantage, though? It was simple logic that large things moved more slowly, and Jane was very quick. In any case, if things started going downhill, she was confident that at the very least she could outsmart this person and make an escape.

Wait. The realization hit her several seconds late that he'd actually called her pretty. No one had ever done that before, save for parental figures. Should she be feeling some sort of irrational crush-type feeling now? That's how things always went in stories. Actually, now that she thought about it, this situation would fit perfectly into some romantic tale. The tragic maiden, outcast, happens upon some dude and then things go uphill from there. How old was she, now? Fourteen? She'd seen married fourteen year olds (hell, she was the one who married them!), and Jane herself had never even had a boyfriend! Or a girlfriend, she supposed that she couldn't rule out that possibility entirely. She'd never been attracted to a girl, though. Actually, she'd never been attracted to a boy, either... that was sort of odd, considering how much she loved the idea of love...

No, wrong time to think about this! It was time for stabbing.
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/9/2014, 2:37 pm

I say, "So you can either walk away now, making you a coward. Though that would be the smartest choice. Or you could fight the descendant of King Kamehameha I. Which would not be very smart."
OOC: And here is the part where he relies on his ancestry to scare people. Add to that his height, weapons, and the fact that he knows lua, he thinks he could scare a god XD even though Kilo couldn't...
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/9/2014, 9:48 pm

"Who?" Jane had never heard of a King Hamakehamehakahabeabluhblbuh. Was this supposed to be impressive? Whatever. "Made-up lineage aside, I don't think you're exactly qualified to decide what the 'smartest choice' is..." Pause for dramatic effect. "I'm calling you stupid, just to clarify."
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/9/2014, 9:53 pm

Alright still holding my anger back. I wanted to see how this played out. I said, "King Kamehameha was the guy who united the Hawaiian islands under one rule. I said, "And just so you know, I am not stupid. Though if you make one more comment like that, your head will look rather nice... on a pole."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/9/2014, 10:04 pm

"Just one comment? How about two? Or can you even count that high?" Jane allowed herself another evil smirk, and pointed at the guy's weird-ass weapon. "What is that, anyways? A spoon? It's kind of flat, though, like your face. Or maybe that's your butt. I can't tell the difference."

Ah, yes. The ancient art of insultery.
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/9/2014, 10:09 pm

Alright, now someone is getting hurt. And it won't be me. I pulled out my other Leiomana and said, "These are Leiomama, traditional weapon of Hawaiian warriors. And you are about to feel how much damage it can really do."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/9/2014, 10:17 pm

Wait, what? Where did that come from? Did he whip it out of his ass? Well, whatever, now he had two tooth spoons. They looked pretty unwieldy and heavy and slow and it would be ridiculously easy to just smack the flat part and knock it out of the way. She wouldn't be able to block them with her knife though, seeing as it was little and those things were stupidly large. Like his ego.

Jane drew her knife, and held it up in plain view. She mimicked the guy's tone of voice, and talked all deep-like for extra mocking effect. "This is a knife, traditional weapon of sensible warriors. And you are about to feel how much more sense this shit means than a spoon with teeth."
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/9/2014, 10:29 pm

I sigh and say, "Well, Let's get this over with. I have lunch I need to eat." I run at her full speed, aiming a swing at her leg.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/9/2014, 10:41 pm

Considering the fact that the two weren't standing very far apart, the guy sure did run at Jane at full speed quickly. Luckily for her, large weapons required a wide arc to swing with any strength, so it was pretty obvious where he was aiming, and tall people running at full speed had way too much momentum to maneuver easily, and Jane easily danced out of the way, to the right, in sort of a circular line, so now she was facing his side. She jabbed at his arm, in the general tricep area, since she wasn't tall enough to easily reach the bicep.
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/9/2014, 11:23 pm

I got hit in my triceps, but it didn't matter. I was strong. But it did hurt a little. This girl was not only pretty, but she was also strong. I then had an idea. If I could act weak and then catch her by surprise, I could beat her easily. So I fall to the ground and act as if I am in true pain.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/10/2014, 12:22 am

That was incredibly easy. Pathetically easy. Jane had been expecting way more of a fight from someone who claimed to be such a big shot. She looked at her blade, which was now bloody on the tip, and then to her victim. He seemed to be sort of writhing on the ground, all painful-like. "Seriously?" she asked, tone incredulous. "I've seen rabbits that could take more than that."
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/10/2014, 12:26 am

I say, "Yes, seriously. I have been trained to take on hand to hand combat. But never against weapons. In fact, the most danger I have ever come in before now is a few days ago when I almost drowned because of seaweed. So you might as well leave me here. I won't be going anywhere for a while." My plan was working great.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/11/2014, 12:25 am

"You sure talk a lot for someone in pain," Jane mused, and edged around her mildly suspicious prey until she was next to the remains of her net. Not taking her eyes off the boy, she picked up said net and casually tossed it over him. It would be more effective if it was weighted, but at least this way if he tried to run away all quick like or lash out at her he was likely to get himself all tangled up. "Besides," she grinned, "it would be cruel to leave a creature to bleed itself to death. The kind thing to do would be to put you out of your misery."
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/11/2014, 12:34 am

I smirk and know that a net wouldn't stop me. Lua techniques taught not only how to disable an opponent with pressure points, but also to fight through a net without being tangled. This girl was in for a big surprise. I say, "Well I deserve it. You beat me fair and square. And that was after I provoked you."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/11/2014, 1:06 am

Well, now this was getting... sort of suspicious. Very suspicious, actually. Jane's eyes narrowed -- was he trying to trick her? She was too smart to fall for such an obvious ploy. She needed to stay on her toes, now, and try to secure as much as an advantage as she could before the inevitable attack. "Yes, of course..." What to say? "... Since I'm the winner here, I can tell you what to do, yeah? So toss your tooth spoons as far towards the fountain," Jane pointed at the fountain, which was roughly forwards and to the left of her, and several yards away, "as you can from down there." Would he be stupid enough to do it? Better rub it in somehow. "If you can't do it, you're pretty weak and pathetic." Yeah, good.
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/11/2014, 1:11 am

I threw them as far as I could towards the fountain. Little did she know, I had a sword with me that was just as powerful as my Leiomana. But better for her to think that I only had them. And if that didn't work, I could break her bones or disable her with only a few jabs in specific parts of the body. I then said, "Alright, there. Happy?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/11/2014, 1:36 am

"Also that very obvious sword that you keep somewhere on your person, since it seems to lack the ability to shrink into a less conspicuous form." Jane pointed at the obvious weapon for emphasis. "I will be quite happy once you rid yourself of every weapon that you possess at this moment." This guy was a complete moron.
Back to top Go down
Dragon of the West
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/11/2014, 2:08 am

OOC: You really want to go there -_-
Well, I could at least disable her with pressure points. Or break her bones. Or even use my knuckle dusters that were strategically hidden in my pant leg so they wouldn't be noticed. Literally nobody would check there. Then again, this girl was psycho. But if she tried, she would have to lift the net, therefor allowing me to attack. I threw my swords out with my Leiomana and thought on how to disable this girl. Although, I actually did like her. She was smart in combat, like me. She was as pretty as I was handsome. And she was a true warrior. But sadly, I will probably end her life at some point. So I knew what I had to do. I had to keep my feelings at bay, and eventually terminate them so I would not feel anything. Not fear, love, or even happiness. And I would start by first getting rid of this girl. But did I want to do that? Did I want to get rid of the one person I have ever actually had emotions other than hatred for? No, I didn't. But I had to think of a way to get away from her long enough to think about this. And something told me telling her my feelings would NOT help in my current situation.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime2/11/2014, 2:59 am

This was ridiculous. "I can't believe how stupid you are," Jane complained, and moved forward enough that she could step on the boy's foot through the net. Well, his ankle to be more precise, but it was the general foot area. She put enough pressure on it to be at least uncomfortable, but hopefully painful, though not so much that if he moved all of a sudden she would lose balance and fall. "Are you actually trying to get yourself killed? I don't mind if you are, it's all the same in the end, but I needed some practice. Should have known such an obvious trap would catch a pathetic person like you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]   maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

maybe no one will die this time [private: appleguy]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next