Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Basketball Courts

Go down 
+6
Dragonfire
Zwn (Zoe in Greek)
Rave Girl
PeetaMellark
Swishalicious
Dexter
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Swishalicious
Big Three Demigod
Swishalicious

Basketball Courts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/26/2011, 7:29 pm

I laugh. "No, it's Aelous. I learn that one from a man named Lou Williams."
Back to top Go down
PeetaMellark
Demigod
PeetaMellark

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/27/2011, 6:00 pm

I raised my eyebrows, not really sure what she said. "Who's Lou Williams?"
Back to top Go down
Swishalicious
Big Three Demigod
Swishalicious

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/27/2011, 6:20 pm

I smile. "Guy on the Sixers. He's awesome."

((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIe1qQ9Z9G8))
Back to top Go down
PeetaMellark
Demigod
PeetaMellark

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/27/2011, 6:55 pm

"Oh," I nod. "Well, he must be really good then."

OOC: Wow I saw that video thats seriously awesome!
Back to top Go down
Swishalicious
Big Three Demigod
Swishalicious

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/27/2011, 8:28 pm

I keep shooting. "Eh, he's no Julius Erving."
Back to top Go down
PeetaMellark
Demigod
PeetaMellark

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/27/2011, 8:46 pm

I blinked, even more confused now. I picked up a basketball and shot it at the hoop, still epically failing. "I know I must sound really dumb to you still, but who's Julius Erving? Another great basketball player, I'm guessing?"
Back to top Go down
Swishalicious
Big Three Demigod
Swishalicious

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/27/2011, 8:49 pm

"Pretty much. And I'm guessing you don't know Larry Bird, or Wilt Chamberlain?"
Back to top Go down
PeetaMellark
Demigod
PeetaMellark

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/27/2011, 9:22 pm

I shake my head. "No, sorry. But I do know Michael Jordan and LeBron James and the Globetrotters... Even though I don't know much about them. Except Michael Jordan, maybe. I know some stuff about him." I must sound like a huge fail to Ace.
Back to top Go down
Swishalicious
Big Three Demigod
Swishalicious

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 4:42 pm

"Ah..you're more of a modern-time basketball fan. I must say..Lefraud-" I cough "Lebron James is...ok. I love the Globdtrotters, and Jordan is a Legend."
I do one of the famous Kareem Abdul-Jabbar hook shots.

((Sorry about my flowing out on basketball players. I'm just so glad that someone will actually listen without not posting or leaving!))
Back to top Go down
PeetaMellark
Demigod
PeetaMellark

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 5:27 pm

ooc: That's okay. Its actually pretty interesting.

I nod. "Yeah, I guess I know more about modern-time basketball. Jordan is a legend, I agree with you on that." I watch as Ace gets the ball into the hoop, with some sort of cool looking shot. Nice.
Back to top Go down
Swishalicious
Big Three Demigod
Swishalicious

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 5:30 pm

"Check this out." I take a running start and fly up into the air. Then I slam dunk. I come down and give Alexia the ball.
Back to top Go down
PeetaMellark
Demigod
PeetaMellark

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 5:35 pm

I watched with wide eyes. "You slam dunked!!! I mean, wow!" Ace gives me the ball then, and I stare, not really sure what to do with it. I dribble it towards the hoop, then shoot when I think I'm at the right spot. The ball rolls around the rim for a bit, and I hold my breath nervously, hoping it makes it in. But just my luck, the ball falls off the rim. I watch it bounce on the pavement.
Back to top Go down
Swishalicious
Big Three Demigod
Swishalicious

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 5:37 pm

I grab the ball and give it back to her. "Here try this." I run and do an easy-begginer lay up. I then give her the ball.
Back to top Go down
PeetaMellark
Demigod
PeetaMellark

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 5:41 pm

"Okay." I wasn't sure how Ace did that, but I take the ball and dribble it down the court, doing my best to duplicate Ace's lay-up. I shoot the ball, and surprisingly, it actually makes it into the net.
Back to top Go down
Swishalicious
Big Three Demigod
Swishalicious

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 5:43 pm

"See? Now how 'bout this?" I move back and shoot a 3-pointer. Swish. I give it to Alexia. "You try."
Back to top Go down
PeetaMellark
Demigod
PeetaMellark

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 5:48 pm

I nod, and take the ball. I look at the hoop nervously, then take about a step back. I shoot the ball at the hoop. Swoosh! "Yes!" I cheer. I turn to Ace and say, "Hey, I'm actually getting halfway-decent at this. thanks!"
Back to top Go down
Swishalicious
Big Three Demigod
Swishalicious

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 5:51 pm

I shoot some more and then pick up the ball. I don't bounce it and everything goes silent for a minute. Awkward. I begin bouncing again.
Back to top Go down
PeetaMellark
Demigod
PeetaMellark

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 5:56 pm

I grab another ball and start shooting it at the other hoop. I actually made a few of my shots. After a bit I get tired. I walk back over to Ace. "So I guess you watch a lot of basketball?" I ask. "Who's your favorite team?"
Back to top Go down
Swishalicious
Big Three Demigod
Swishalicious

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 6:03 pm

I stop shooting to answer Alexia. "The Magic. Hands down. Even though I'm from Vermont. My family was really rich, so they really didn't care about what I did, so I just watch the NBA..." I shoot a basket. "But I like individual players! Like Blake Griffin, Lou Williams." I hope she doesn't think my family is a touchy subject.
Back to top Go down
PeetaMellark
Demigod
PeetaMellark

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 6:08 pm

I nod. "Yeah, the Magic is really awesome. I've seen a couple of their games before on ESPN. But I am a Bulls fan, mainly because I'm from Chicago."
Back to top Go down
Swishalicious
Big Three Demigod
Swishalicious

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 6:11 pm

"Thats cool." I shoot another basket. "I hear Derrick Rose got hurt or something."
Back to top Go down
PeetaMellark
Demigod
PeetaMellark

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 6:15 pm

I nod, frowning. "Yeah, he did get hurt. But either way, the team is doing pretty good this season. Most seasons, they suck." I stifle a laugh. "Ever since Jordan left the Bulls, the team wasn't ever really all that great. But Rose is awesome."
Back to top Go down
Swishalicious
Big Three Demigod
Swishalicious

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 6:18 pm

"Yeah. Did you hear!? David Stern predicts that in the next decade women will be playing in the NBA!!!!?" I say, beaming.
Back to top Go down
PeetaMellark
Demigod
PeetaMellark

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 6:22 pm

I grin. "Are you serious?! That's awesome!" I let out a woopwoop. "I mean, even though I won't be playing, that's great news!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Swishalicious
Big Three Demigod
Swishalicious

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 6:22 pm

"I know! In the next decade, I'll be about 20."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Courts   Basketball Courts - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basketball Courts
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next