Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Apartment Building

Go down 
+2
Evimero
Rachel
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

The Apartment Building - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 1:06 pm

I smiled up at Cynder and took her hand, standing up. I switched my hand to hold her hand better, and started walking towards her mother's room, stepping around blood when necessary.

OOC:I don't know if the bodies were in the way, sooo XD
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 3:11 pm

I too walked towards the doorway, and pushed it open once we were near enough. I wasn't sure what I'd been expecting - a monument of dead bodies, a sacrificial altar or something - but I was somewhat surprised to see that it looked just like a regular bedroom at first glance. The same white walls the rest of the apartment had, a bed with dark sheets, an armoire with an oval mirror, a dresser, etc. When I looked at things for longer, though, it seemed like something was wrong with the place. The mirror was webbed with thin cracks spidering out from the lower right, a small trash can near the head of the bed was splattered with something dark red and crusty-looking, there were deep stains in the carpet, and a pocketknife on top of the dresser was open and the blade was caked with dried blood. Gods, my mother was lazy. she couldn't even be bothered to clean her own room.
I noticed that there was a box with the lid askew shoved partially under the bed, and I became curious. What could be inside there?
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 3:53 pm

I floowed Cynder intobher mom's bedroom, and looked around. It was almost normal, except fir a broken mirror (she probably hated her ugly face), a trash can eih blood in it, and a crappy looking pocket knife. I followed Cynder's gaze and saw a box. Just about anything could be in that box, know Ariana; a hand, a lock of Thanatos's hair, a scrapbook of her and Thanatos, or maybe even some special gift from him. It could be something simple like her money stache, or her collection of keys for all of the locks in hus house. I decided to let Cynder open it, but I walked over to it with her.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 4:17 pm

I went over to the side of the bed and sat on the floor, pulling the box towards me. Sitting on the bed would have been more comfortable, but I really didn't want to touch it, or even get too close to it. I smiled at Lee like a kid on Christmas morning. Gods, I loved opening boxes, for some reason. Maybe it was because I'd rarely gotten presents as a child. I looked back at the mysterious container, and pushed the lid the rest of the way off. Inside, there were... mostly photographs and envelopes, but there was also a long, thin scrapbooky-type thing. I picked up a photo at random. It was an image of two identical toddlers with dark hair, playing with blocks. The picture had been taken at the exact moment that one of them reached over and shoved down the tower that the other had been building. There was something written in thin handwriting in the corner, and I was a little taken aback by it.

Cynder and Cienna, 1998
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 4:22 pm

I sat doen next to Cynder and watched her open the box. Photographs. I wouldn't think her mom would do that, but then I realized she probably wasn't as crazy when Thanatos was still around. "I hope that's you knocking Cienna's tower over."I whispered, smiling a little.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 4:37 pm

"I hope so too," I agreed, and set the picture aside. I picked up another, and was confused for a moment, because there were two people that looked an awful lot like Cienna and I in this one, too, just slightly older. They were sitting at a table in an unfamiliar home. One of them was sulking, just glaring at the camera. The other had curlier hair, and was wearing makeup, smiling widely at whoever was taking the picture. There was an older couple in the background, and they seemed to be in the middle of some sort of argument. Whoever had taken the photo had their thumb slightly in front of the lens, blocking out most of some kind of dog that seemed to be trying to jump on the table.

Home, 1990
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 4:58 pm

"That was. .your mom?"I asked, raising an eyebrow. She looked creepily like Cynder, and the girl next to Ariana had looked creepily like Cienna, and Kesi. I gulped. "Does that mean. .are you. .that girl looked like Kesi. "I muttered, trying to make sense of all of this. I could see Cynder's grandparents in the background, fighting. As fas as I knew, Cynder hadn't ever met them.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 5:12 pm

"I... guess?" I replied, sort of weirded out by the picture. If that was my mother, then that other girl had to be her sister, and maybe the arguing couple was my grandparents. Who was taking the photo, though? My mother had never told me anything about her family, so I really had no idea. Why had she kept this, anyways? She didn't seem like she'd care about them, at all. Lee mentioned that the Cienna-like-girl looked strangely like Kesi. I didn't notice it, at first, but when I looked more carefully, something about that grin seemed very, very familiar. "Oh, gods. You're right."
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 5:14 pm

"That's gross."I muttered, thinking abiut the implications. That meant Kesi was Cynder's cousin. I was now related to Kesi. It was a good thing Cynder was amazing enough to outweigh that, because with any other girl I'd run away. Kesi was. .no. Just, no.
Back to top Go down
Kasi
The Plastics
Kasi

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 5:31 pm

OOC: OMG. YES.
Back to top Go down
Hammah
The Plastics
Hammah

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 5:35 pm

OOC; This family is messed up.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 6:22 pm

OOC: Indeed it is |D
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 6:28 pm

OOC:Thank you, peanut gallery. NOW MAKE LIKE A SHOE AND SHOO!
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 7:11 pm

OOC: Oh gawd, how many stalkers do we have?

BIC: I shuddered, and tossed that picture across the room. It fluttered down next to the closet. There was one more photo, and I pulled it out of the box. This one was black and white, and looked like one of those shots where someone aims the camera back at themselves. There were only two people in it: someone who had to be my mother, though I could barely think of it as her with such a happy expression on her face, and a man standing behind her that I instantly recognized as my father. It was windy, maybe during the winter, because despite the fact that I could see the ocean in the background, they were dressed warmly. Thanatos was leaning against the railing of a pier, turning away from the camera while my mother was laughing. The writing at the bottom of this photo was different. More refined and fluid, and somewhat elegant.

Long Beach, 1996

Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 7:32 pm

My jaw dropped a bit when I saw the picture. Ariana was smiling, in a way that didnt say 'I'm about to be sadistic to gain pleasure.' Thanatos was in the picture, too, and I shuddered a little when I saw him. He obviously scared me, because he was a God who hated me, but he also invoked my anger. He was just always such an as*. "Let's burn the picture on top of Ariana's body. "I suggested to Cybder. When I saw the writing, I raised an eyebrow. Even her writing seemed happier.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 7:47 pm

I laughed, and put the picture down, off to the side. "You can do that if you want, just keep the flame away from me." I picked up the thin scrapbook and opened it up. Inside, there was a rose, pressed flat, with crimson red petals that were slightly faded with age. The only reason I could think of that my mother would keep something like this was if it was from my father or something.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 7:59 pm

"Can I include that?"I asked when I saw the pressed rose. I wondered if it would snell good. That'd be nice, because it was already starting to smell. I realized that the front diir was open, so after Cynder responded I went to close the door, leaving the picture.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 8:12 pm

I nodded, and put the scrapbook off to the side as well. The only things left in the box two envelopes of varying sizes. I choose to look inside the yellow manila one first, and it had three documents inside. They seemed to be... birth certificates? Yes, birth certificates for Cienna, Drake, and I. That might actually be good to have someday.

Thanatos just happened to be standing in the hall, exactly in the way of any demigods that might decide to rush around the corner.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 8:16 pm

As I was going ti close the door, walking throufh the halls quickly, I stopped an inch fron running into someone. I jumped back and out ky hand on my sword, and then I recognized Thanatos. "Oh, come on, she didn't even beg for you. "I said, nice and loud. "Cynder, daddy's home."I said sarcastically.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 8:30 pm

Thanatos glared, and moved to slap Lee upside the head. "I was present for the final half of your little activity, demigod."

I'd just picked up the final envelope, labeled 'Rainy Day', when I heard some sort of commotion. Wait... oh, sh#t. I dropped everything, jumped to my feet, and hurried into the hallway, hand gripping the hilt of my sword. This could be bad. This could be very, very bad...
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 8:41 pm

Ow. I hated how fast Gods could move, especially when angry, so I ended up getting hit upside the head. "You mean the second half of my torturing Ariana, when I ended up killing her, or the part where Cynder and I tortured and killed the pedophile that molested her as a child?"I asked, being very blunt so that, hopefully, there'd be some sort of emotion response from the giant brick wall in front if me.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 8:53 pm

"The former," Thanatos answered in an ice-cold tone, throwing another death glare [tee hee] his way. The god spotted his daughter a tad further down the hallway, and glared at her as well. He really, really wasn't supposed to beat up irksome demigods anymore, but he simply wouldn't be able to help himself if this insolent piece of slime kept up his tirade. What on earth did Cynder see in this child?

"Go away," I told my father. I didn't want a repeat of what had happened the last time he'd spoken with Lee...
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 9:22 pm

"Well, I'm sorry, but she has- had mistreated your daughter way too much, and I had to end it."I replied, losinf my snarky tone. I wanted to live, and I wanted to, hopefilly, make Thanatos have a mental battle between whobhe loved more; Cybder or Ariana. Probably the latter. That was one reason I couldn't stand being around Cynder's father, because I always felt like I loved her so much more than he did, which was wrong
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 10:23 pm

Thanatos didn't react much. He just turned around and walked to the kitchen, where he kneeled down next to Ariana's remains, and traced the contours of her ruined face with his thumb. Being death incarnate was so very, very difficult at times like this.

I made a face at my father when he turned away. Damn him, he needed to get out of here.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 10:33 pm

I just watched Thanatos walk over to Ariana, and decided to try showing respect by turning away. My fists were clenched because I was keeping back a torrent of insults. I just didn't want him to be here, anywhere near Cynder. My wife. More my wife than his daughter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Apartment Building
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next