Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Apartment Building

Go down 
+2
Evimero
Rachel
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24
AuthorMessage
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

The Apartment Building - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 10:45 pm

I sighed, and touched Lee on the arm, in some sort of calming gesture. "There's one more thing I want to see, unless you want to leave immediately." I wanted to know what was in that Rainy Day envelope. It was small, so it probably wouldn't be a ton of pictures or anything like that. Money, maybe.

Thanatos placed his palm over Ariana's face, and then stood up. Her soul - as a ghost - sat up, leaving the body behind. Her ghost looked younger than she had at the time of her death, seemingly in her mid-twenties. That was the time of her life that she had been happiest.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 11:02 pm

I walked back to Ariana's bedroom without any words, and looked down at the remaining envelope. I saw that it said "Rainy Day" on it, so it was either an umbrella, a torture device, or money. I was hoping for the last.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 11:16 pm

I followed Lee back into the room and picked up the envelope, then tore it open. Inside, there was... money. A sh#tload of many. There were a lot of fifties and twenties, and some hundreds. I would have counted it and added it all up, but I sucked at math and would have screwed it up with my dyslexia, anyways. Wait a second, how had I managed to read all the captions just fine? Maybe it was better not to question these things.

Ariana's ghost faded into the darkness, and Thanatos went over to the deceased creeper. He didn't bother going through the old rites for this one, he just had his iPad materialize and activated his app for reaping souls.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 12:01 am

My eyes widened when I saw all the money, and I tried to add it all, got to a few hundred, and the numbers startes mixing up. Nevermind, then. I was trying to figure out what we'd do with all of that money. Place a hitman order on someone? Pay Kesi to leave us alone? No, that wouldn't work. .
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 12:16 am

What were we going to do with all this cash? My mind wandered while I thought about it, and I recalled that one b#tch walking in on us before... maybe it would be nice to stay a night somewhere away from camp, alone. Alone... hmm... ohhh, I had an idea...

After his job was done, Thanatos walked back into the hall, and leered into the bedroom. "Don't destroy any of Ariana's possessions," he ordered.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 1:18 am

I resisted the urge to yell, 'No!' and smash Ariana's mirror. Instead I just nodded, hoping that would make Thanatos disappear faster. It looked like Cynder was scheming, which was probably a good thing, since she had a f*ckton of money in her hands.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 1:47 am

Thanatos left the hallway, only to go sit on the sofa. He was being rather annoying, with his mind made up not to leave until Cynder and Lee had left the apartment. He didn't want them to destroy the place, after all.

Yes, I had a wonderful, wonderful idea. I didn't want my father to hear what I was about to say, though, so I stepped closer to Lee and whispered my suggestion into his ear. "You know, with all this money, we could probably stay in a very nice hotel for the night..."
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 1:53 am

I smiled. "That would be nice."I whispered back. I kissed Cynder's cheek, and said, not too quietly, "I love you, Cynder." And it wasn't, of course, a lie. I'd wanted to say it, I just decided to add meaning by letting her dad hear it. I was feeling excited abiut having a nice hotel room to ourselves. It would certainly be relaxing.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 1:58 am

On second thought, Thanatos realized that it was probably not a good idea to leave those two alone in a bedroom. Dammit. Oh, well. He hadn't wanted to watch them eating other's faces anyways.

"I love you, too," I replied with a smile, before grabbing the envelope with the birth certificates. "Let's get out of here, now, before any other unwanted guests drop in..."
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 2:01 am

I nodded. I figured we could leave the weapons behind. The cops didn't really matter to me, and homicide was rather evident. "ShouldI we bother with collecting the weapons?"I asked, in case Cynder had a different opinion. I just really wanted to get out of this place and shower, and soend a night alone with Cynder. Not in a public cabin, but in our own private room.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 2:05 am

"I don't really care," I shrugged. "I do want that blanket, though..." That amazingly soft, amazing blanket. I really should have asked my mother where she got that thing before Lee finished her off. What a missed opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 2:25 am

I shrugged. "I think I'll collect the weapons I want. So, I'll get the guns, and you get the blanket."I said, and turned to go back out to the living room thing.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 2:48 am

I nodded, and followed Lee out, and then proceeded to the couch. Unfortunately... my father was holding onto the blanket.

"Oh, did you want this?" Thanatos asked, somewhat condescendingly.

I glared at my father. Gods, was he really going to do this stupid sh#t? "Yes."

"Yes... please."

"I am NOT going to f#cking say 'please'," I raged. GODDAMMIT, MY FATHER WAS ANNOYING ME. If I could have stabbed him and lived to tell the tale, I would have.

Thanatos waved the blanket around, just out of his daughter's reach. "Ask nicely."

Ugh... just... f#ck it. "Please."

"Please what?"

"Can I please have the goddamn blanket?"

Thanatos tossed the blanket onto Cynder, and it landed rather gracefully right on her head, covering her face, like she was pretending to be a ghost or something.

I pulled the blanket off my head, which messed up my hair and made it all static-y. Gods... damn it... As if I didn't look horrible enough already, covered in blood. Much more and even Lee wouldn't be able to stand the sight of me.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 2:59 am

I really, really wanted to punch Thanatos in the face, but instead I calmy collected the guns, 'accidentally' dropping a pistol that 'accidentally' shot Ariana's dead body. "Oh, sh!t."I muttered, in my best Oh-Gods-Thanatos-is-going-to-smite-me voice.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 3:06 am

Well, sh#t. This wasn't going to end well. I took a few steps backwards, towards Lee, as if that'd provide some sort of defense against my father.

Thanatos threw a lamp at Lee. Why a lamp? Well, a lamp happened to be the closest thing besides the couch, and he didn't much feel like hurling a sofa across a room. That tended to kill people, unfortunately...

Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 3:18 am

I moved as if to dodge the lamp, and intentionally let it hit me. If I were to have dodged it, he would have throen more things at me, so I just let it hit me. I stumbled a bit and rubbed my arm. I cursed God-strength again. "Can we leave now, please?"I asked.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 3:29 am

The lamp fell on the ground, then, but miraculously didn't break. Thanatos waved his hand dismissively at the demigods, and reached for the remote. He flipped the television on and, to his horror, Toddlers and Tiaras was on. He instantly turned it back off.

"Let's get the f#ck out of here," I muttered, and walked out over the broken door. My father was a completely insufferable prick. No wonder he and my mother had ended up together.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 3:42 am

I nodded. I put the pistols into my pockets and carried the shotgun in one hand. Ireached my hand up to Cynders hair and smoothed it down a little, smiling at her to let her know that it didn't look bad. It looked like her hands were kind of full. "You want me to carry stuff for you?"I asked as I steooed over the door and into the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 3:51 am

"You don't need to carry everything," I laughed, and kept walking down the hall. I realized then that I'd need a free hand to push the elevator buttons with. "I suppose you should hold on to one of these things, though," I mused once we'd reached the elevator. "Do you want the documents or the money?"
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 3:57 am

I pushed the elevator button, and thought about that. "I think I'll have the papers. You're probably better with money."I joked, and took the papers from her hand. I thiught about the implications of Cynder being better with money in the future. Gah, I really needed to stop doing that. Being old soundedb like a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 4:20 am

"Oh, I don't know about that," I replied with another chuckle, and walked into the elevator once the doors opened. Money... how were we going to get money, once we were older? We... we'd both be seventeen by mid-February. That was drawing close to being actual adults. Would they kick us out of camp to fend for ourselves when we came of age? I couldn't see either of us working nine to five in an office, or worse, flipping burgers at a McDonald's. If we had children - when we had children, how were we going to support them? Dear gods, the future was still terrifying.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 4:26 am

I watched the elevator doors close, and sifhed a bit fron relief. So far, no problems. I'd kind of been assuming that sonething would cone to f*ck with us, because that seened to happen a lot. I moved a little closer to Cynder as I thought about time alone. Well, alone with Cynder.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 4:35 am

So far, so good. I half-expected the elevator to break down, but it reached the ground floor just fine. We walked from the apartment building to the parking garage nearby. It wasn't a long ways, but there were a lot of stairs, which was irritating. I never did like walking up and down stairs. It was too easy to be pushed down them, and too easy to get tired climbing them. When we finally reached the car, I pulled open the passenger side door and hopped inside, tossing the blanket in the back seat and holding on to the envelope full of money.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 4:43 am

I walked with Cynder back to the car. I opened the back door and put he guns down on the floor. I found bullets for the little gun and reloaded it, then put it back in my pocket. I put the envelope with papers in it on the seat and moved up to the front. I started the car and pulled it out of the garage, heading out to look for a nice hotel.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime8/15/2012, 4:02 pm

Just before we pulled out of the parking garage, several police cars sped past, headed for the apartment building. It was a good thing we'd gotten out of there when we did. After that, when we were just driving around, I kept my eyes peeled for a nice-looking hotel. There were an awful lot of hotels in the city, but the majority of them looked like they sucked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Apartment Building   The Apartment Building - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Apartment Building
Page 24 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24