Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronnie and Rafael's adventures

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/8/2013, 5:33 pm

Cyril nodded and then went with an easy reply. "Well, if you say you don't then that is your deal, not mine." For some reason, Cyril felt like Sam was right and that just made him more confused.

Rafael held Ronnie while she cried and calmed down. He couldn't figure out a way to comfort her and it was all he could do not to walk back outside and hurt Sam for making Ronnie this upset. "He is obviously new to the demigod business so maybe he wasn't as powerful when you knew him." Rafael doubted that but it was the best he could come up with on the spur of the moment. Now that Ronnie was calmed, he felt like she was the one comforting him and holding him together, not the other way around. Maybe it was true, since he had gone to such extremes to make it clear to Sam that he had no right to be near Ronnie or Rose.
Back to top Go down
http://kaneegyptian.forumotion.com/
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/8/2013, 9:17 pm

"Maybe," Ronnie mused halfheartedly, shifting and resting her head against his shoulder. She sat for a while, just thinking, her tears having subsided relatively quickly, with only an occasional hiccup every now and then to indicate that they'd existed at all.

Ronnie spoke after a little while, tilting her head up to look at Rafael's face. "Thank you so much for what you did out there, because I don't know what I would have done if you weren't there. I know I just thanked you before, but it didn't feel sufficient. Sam deserved that punch, you're awesome." She forced a small smile, laughing lightly as she remembered the look on her face. Ronnie didn't want to feel bad for Samuel. She really didn't want to feel bad for him. He'd taken advantage of her and wreaked havoc on her entire life. It'd been a mistake, but, nonetheless, it was a major mistake. She still felt bad for him, though. And it killed her. The way he'd looked at her, how he'd spoken about how he hadn't meant to do harm, how he hadn't even realized that she had had a child... it all just seemed so innocent, and she could see the old same in him. She'd never forgive him. But it made her wonder. And she didn't want to wonder, she just wanted to disregard him forever.

Ronnie frowned, looking away from Rafael. Why did her life have to be so confusing? Two things were for sure: one, that she wouldn't let him anywhere near Rose for a long, long time, and two, that she wasn't about to let him get in the way of her relationship with Rafael, even though he already had. That was one area of her life into which he had no right to intervene... not that he'd had a right to intervene in any part of her life.

Cyril spoke, and Sam accepted what he said, for the most part, but the boy looked confused. He had obliged so quickly, and it made Samuel wonder. He watched the prince carefully before formulating a statement and filling it with as much reason and emotion as he could muster. "Of course it's my deal and not yours, but if you truly believe that then why did you make assumptions about my situation? Do you really feel this way? Before, you seemed to think assuredly that I was right, and that Veronica and her boyfriend were in the wrong. Am I wrong?" He rose and eyebrow at the boy. He was being uncharacteristically speculative and accusatory, but he needed to. He needed to know what was going on with this... and he had his suspicions.
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/9/2013, 10:47 pm

Cyril was beginning to cast the confusion off as unnecessary when Sam started his accusatory questioning. "I don't know...you are right, but..." Cyril turned his head away and tried to think through the hazy fog of confusion that decended over him.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/10/2013, 5:30 pm

His speaking only seemed to make the boy more confused, as if his two confusions had contradicted one another. It didn't make much sense. He felt himself being drained by his power, and it felt weird, like he was getting lightheaded or something. Hastily he attempted to cut off his power over Cyril, because he assumed that that was what was happening: he was influencing the boy by speaking.

"Never mind, it doesn't matter what happened, anyway. I shouldn't be questioning your opinions." Sam paced back and forth a couple of times, flustered. What the hell had he just done? How hadn't he realized he was doing it? Had he ever done it before? He felt as if he may have, and it creeped him out.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/10/2013, 5:45 pm

Suddenly, as if a cloud had disappeared from the sky, Cyril seemed to be able to think straight. Yet now he could tell that Sam was confused. "Woah, just take it easy there Sam." Cyril stretched out and laid back so that he was on the grassy incline and able to look out toward the harbor and sea.

Rafael shook his head slightly as he realized he had dazed for a few seconds. "Ronnie, why is it that Sam was able to have that other kid aid him so much? I mean, if it were me, I wouldn't defend scum like that." Rafael was tired and he had just began to realize that his relationship with Ronnie was deepening and they only just met like 4 days ago at most.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/10/2013, 6:09 pm

Sam took a breath, an odd headache beginning to settle into his mind. He stopped his pacing, looking out at the ocean. Well, if anything, it was beautiful here. The view almost reminded him of home. "I just- I don't know what I just did. I didn't mean to control you, but I was talking and suddenly it was as if you were following everything that I was saying... wow, that's creepy." His voice became gradually louder and he began to wonder if this is why he felt like he lost control a lot of the time, and also why people tended not to care much or to agree with him. He wondered if this was why he'd been so angry and confused all that time on Il Mondo Perfetto. He then wondered if this was the reason he'd done what he'd done to- no. He'd done what he'd done to Veronica mostly of his own accord. He couldn't blame that on his godly mother who he'd only just discovered.

"Rafael..." Ronnie spoke softly, trying to rationalize this idea to herself as well as to him. "If he's a son of Aphrodite, like a suspect, it would make a lot of sense if he had some sort of charm speak, or force of attraction. He's always been good at manipulating people, and getting them to listen to him, even when he hasn't even realized that he's manipulating him. People just agree with him. I always thought it was because he was so charismatic, which he is, but now..." she trailed off, thinking. It was obvious he had some kind of Aphrodite power. But how far did these powers reach? Had he influenced her, at some point? Had he influenced her into loving him? Her eyes widened, but she wasn't so sure. The feelings she'd had for him felt deeper than something she'd been coerced into, but she couldn't tell.

Ronnie's head flipped around to stare out the dark, screened window as she heard raised voices, only to see Samuel pacing and his minion speaking to him. Great, they were still there. And they weren't about to leave. Ronnie's stomach did somersaults. She supposed she was going to have to get used to that. "Can we go somewhere else, maybe, escape through the back door?" she asked. "I really can't stand looking at him right now."
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/10/2013, 9:49 pm

Rafael grinned as he also heard the voices outside and stood up slowly. "Well, I could always shadow-travel us outta here. How about we go somewhere like the edge of Camp. Maybe we could just sit there and actually talk without being attacked in some way." Rafael gathered his stuff and pulled on his armor that he had kept in the infirmary during the argument. Finally he was ready to go. Rafael reached out for Ronnie's hand and spoke. "Shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/11/2013, 12:57 am

"I like that idea," Ronnie said, with a small smile. "Not getting attacked by anything sounds wonderful." She waited patiently for him to get his stuff together before he reached for his hand.

"I suppose we shall," she answered him, laughing. Her mood brightened. She was getting away from everything. She needed a chance to relax, and she was finally getting it. She took Rafael's hand.

Last edited by Queen Elizabeth on 2/11/2013, 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/11/2013, 7:35 pm

Rafael chuckled and then felt the cool comfort of the shadows envelop him and Ronnie. He loved how it felt and knew that the shadows would always be his ally even in times where he needed to just accept death. Then the hazy orange and yellow light showed through and Rafael seemed to melt into existance right inside the boundaries of Camp. "You know something, I think this is the best place we have ever been so far." The unspoken three words hung in the air. Then Rafael sat on the grass and stared out over the ocean, wondering how it was that the water could be so calm and yet rage at other times. Seemed like it was a living being just like him and everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/11/2013, 9:57 pm

Ronnie shivered as the shadows settled over them, feeling disconcerted and airy. She didn't really like the feeling much, but in a way she felt free, her hand clasped in Rafael's as she moved far, far away from Sam. He grounded her, even if she was nowhere at the time but in the shadows of existence. But he discomfort only lasted for a fleeting second before she and Rafael seemed to just shimmer into existence on the coast of Camp Half Blood, on the border along the Sound. It was beautiful, and the stood in a valley above a plane, where the grass gave way to pebbly sand where the ocean began to wash away at the shore. The grass here was thick and lush, even when she could look out beyond Camp's borders to see mounds of snow and grayish sky, where here the sky was clear and covered with the colors of the setting sun. It was surreal. She took a breath before sitting down beside Rafael. She'd never been here before, but she agreed with what Rafael had said.

"This is most definitely the best place we've been so far," she spoke softly, reaching for his hand again. She thought that she would be content to sit here all day and not do anything but exist. It sounded great. "You, Rafael, are amazing for showing me this place, because I feel like it's right where I need to be right now." It was cliche, but it was true, and it may or may not have been an ambiguous statement. She looked at him and smiled, and this time she didn't have to force it.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/12/2013, 11:50 am

Rafael smiled and hugged Ronnie close to him, already feeling better but still frustrated with how things had gone. "Well, it has to be better than fighting for our lives. As well as meeting people who shouldn't be here ever." Rafael stared into the horizon and felt as if the world had finally come to a calm point and everything was frozen because of how peaceful it was right then. "Ronnie, I love you. You probably don't know it but when we fought the demon and his horde, I was frantic and scared you would be hurt. Then when that giant monster attacked us, I felt like the world was about to end. Finally, when Sam was standing in front of us, I wanted to hurt him so badly but knew that you were there and safe." The son of Hecate was finally happy that he had told Ronnie that but it still didn't fix everything. Even in a safe place like this border, Rafael felt like the world could shatter at any moment.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/12/2013, 10:16 pm

Ronnie listened to Rafael carefully as he spoke, soaking in his words. Everything was peaceful and she was calm until Rafael started talking about love and suddenly her heart was racing at about a thousand miles an hour. She felt as if she had deja-vu, from the moment when Samuel had told her the same thing. No. No. She had been thinking about this with Rafael, and as she took a breath she realized this didn't shock her as much as she'd thought it would. She could tell that everything he'd said was genuine. He loved her. He wanted her to be safe. He cared about her. And it scared the shit out of her, and she wasn't quite sure how she felt, but sitting here with him after he'd defended her from Samuel, she knew how she felt for the most part. She met his eyes. She loved him. She wanted to say it. "I love you." The words hung on her lips. They were ready to fall away from her. But they couldn't, because she was holding them back and she wasn't ready to let them go. Instead, she leaned forward and kissed him, not a gentle kiss, but a proper kiss, which was something she hadn't experienced since Samuel. It should have triggered her. It almost did. But this was Rafael, and he cared about her, and she trusted him wholeheartedly, and even though it scared her to death she had to let him hold onto her.

She pulled away, breathing heavily and trying to sort through her thoughts. Before she could do so properly the words jumped away from her of their own accord, not taking a moment to linger on her lips.

"I love you, too," she said, breathless.

((A bit fluffy/dramatic but Ronnie's whole life is an emotional rollercoaster, so. I contemplated having her reject him, in a way. LOL))
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/14/2013, 2:48 pm

Rafael had been looking out at the sea and wondering where it was that his father had died at when Ronnie kissed him. It was so unexpected that he just sat there in shock and then finally realized what was happening. Right before the kiss ended, Rafael decided he really was glad he had saved the girl who he hadn't even known at the time. Rafael was about to speak when Ronnie told him she loved him. That alone was surprising but right after the kiss. Well, Rafael's head was spinning and he knew that it was so strange that he very well might pass out. Rafael stared into Ronnie's eyes with confusion in them. Had that really just happened. "You...you kissed me." Rafael still didn't understand what had happened.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/14/2013, 7:00 pm

Ronnie couldn't help but laugh at Rafael's reaction, though her cheeks burned red. She broke his gaze, looking at the ocean for a moment. Slimy memories were dredged back to her from a long time ago, but she did her best to ignore them. This was about her and Rafael; it had nothing to do with Samuel. She almost wished she could just erase all of the memories she had of him. She looked back to Rafael, who still seemed so confused, and started laughing again. She lifted a hand and ran it through his hair, messing it up.

"I kissed you," she confirmed, raising an eyebrow slightly. It had been such an impulsive decision; it was almost wildly out of character for her, but she'd needed to do it. She'd needed to break free from the baggage she'd been tied to for so long. Still, she felt the weight of it pulling at her, but she felt lighter, able to move more freely. She watched Rafael, anticipating his reaction, feeling happier than she'd been in a while.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/14/2013, 8:17 pm

Rafael, still in shock, shook his head and then actually fell down in shock. He hit his back against the ground and was thankful that he had already been sitting as he sat up. His mind was drawing a blank but he finally got the words sorted out enough for him to reply. "I thought you were still unable to say that. I mean...when did you decide that you love me?" Rafael was confused but he took Ronnie's hand in his and continued to look at her, almost as if he were trying to decipher her actions and thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/15/2013, 12:12 am

Ronnie was confused. He'd just fallen over. "Are you alright?" she asked him, suddenly feeling more hesitant. Was she wrong in saying that she loved him? She watched him as he sat up and finally spoke. He took her hand and she had to laugh, because the whole situation was so ridiculous.

"I didn't think I could say it, either," she admitted sheepishly, looking away for a second. "You don't just decide that you love someone though, Rafael. It just kinds of happens. You do or you don't love them, it's just your mind playing tricks on you to make you deny it or thing otherwise. If you were to ask me when I started loving you, though..." Ronnie shrugged, leaning against his side.

"I can't really tell you. I think I realized that I loved you when you jumped out of that car, leaving me to fend for myself. I was freaking out because I though that you were going to get yourself killed, and then I kind of realized that I'd be affected if you died, even though I couldn't really grasp the fact that I loved you. It's kind of scary for me, if that makes any sense. I've spent the past year or so running as far from love and trust and anything romantic, so it was a bit difficult at first to accept that fact that I'd begun to love you. But I do, and I thought that you should know that. Don't be so shocked," she spoke, a smile playing on the corners of her lips.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/15/2013, 2:57 pm

Rafael grinned and started to feel better. "You know, that wasn't my smartest moment but it did keep us alive." Rafael was happy that Ronnie had realized she loved him, since he had been uncertain of what her feelings were toward him. Then he wrapped her in a hug and spoke. "It was just shocking to feel you actually kiss me. Especially after what has happened lately." He drew back and looked at her.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/16/2013, 12:25 am

"I wasn't really planning on kissing you," Ronnie admitted softly, her voice soft as she looked out at the ocean. "I wasn't planning on telling you I loved you, either. It just kind of happened, and it needed to. I don't regret it happening." She met his eyes, offering him a small smile. "I do love you, though." Her voice was soft, and she looked at him. She still didn't quite know him like she wanted to, and she knew he didn't quite understand her either, even though he knew basically her whole life story.

"Your father, you found that book of his. Did he leave it for you?" She watched him, changing the subject and hoping it didn't bother him.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/16/2013, 1:09 pm

Rafael looked down at the bag that he had kept with him. It held the book that his dad had written in Ancient Greek and had left in his house before the accident. So, when Ronnie asked him if the journal had been left for him, Rafael knew it had been. "Well, it was written in Ancient Greek and left with me so I'm pretty sure that he intended for me to get it." Rafael was a bit frustrated with how he had been forced to receive the book. Yet Rafael felt better with Ronnie nearby.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/17/2013, 2:20 am

Ronnie nodded, studying his face. He seemed troubled by the whole thing. Well, she supposed he should be, since the book did disclose information regarding his curse that his father could never tell him about, but still, it was a piece of his father. She figured it had to mean something to him. "I know it's not really my place to say this," Ronnie began tentatively, watching his expression carefully. "And I don't really know how your relationship with your father was, but it must have been pretty difficult for him to communicate this information to you in the first place. How else would he have done it?" She spoke softly, worried that he'd become angry at her suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/19/2013, 4:22 pm

Rafael felt his hands begin to warm up, heralding the likely approach of a ball of flames in each hand, but he knew that Ronnie was right. It wasn't like his father had intended to die, and it was quite possible that he had been embarrassed by his mistake of uncovering the ruins. "Yeah, you're right." Rafael felt the heat in his hands diminish and disappear completely. He had successfully calmed down and it was good that he had. "So, why is it that you felt like I would die from jumping from the car? I told you I would go with you to see Rose and I'd be damned if I'd allowed some push over demon kill me before that had happened." Still feeling Ronnie leaning against him, Rafael put his arm around her shoulders and took her hand in his.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/19/2013, 4:34 pm

Ronnie relaxed and took Rafael's hand, glad that he'd taken her suggestion well. At first he'd gotten a bit tense and she'd thought she may have made the wrong choice, but now he seemed better, more reassured. He'd changed the topic, but she figured that was a good sign. "When you jumped from the car... I don't know. I knew that you were strong and that you could handle yourself, but we were in such a precarious situation and I was taken aback, and it wasn't like we were going at ten miles an hour..." she trailed off. She was rambling.

"I was just scared, not so much because if you got yourself hurt I would have been left to handle things by myself- though that was a factor of it- but because I didn't know what I was going to do if I lost you. I'd been through so much and you were one of the first people I was able to trust in a long time, and I don't think I could deal with the weight of your death on my conscience." Ronnie looked down at the grass, pulling a blade out of the ground and twirling it between the fingers of her free hand. "Think about it, what if I'd jumped out of the car? I'm sure you would've freaked out too."

She wasn't the fighter that he was, or nearly as strong as him, but it got the point across. He didn't really seem to understand why she'd been upset about it, and maybe it was silly but it'd scared her, like he was just throwing his life away for her. She looked at him.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/19/2013, 5:11 pm

Rafael chuckled slightly and nodded. "If you had jumped from the car then I would've had to jumped as well. It just seemed like the right thing to do at the time." He felt the calm overcome him again and he looked over at Ronnie instead of at the water and sky. He saw the beauty and lustrous looks that came from her mother but what was underneath and what he really saw was the calm but once ravaged girl who he had come to love. The blue eyes and long brown hair that covered her face often times as well as the new found acceptance of him. Rafael saw all of that and he knew that if the world were to rebel and some creature tried to harm her then Rafael would go up against any deity necessary and would swim the River Styx just like Heracles did in myth. This was his life and he would enjoy every second of it but if something were to harm Ronnie then his life would become another tool to use to rescue her. "Ronnie, I love you."
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/19/2013, 9:10 pm

"And then we probably both would've died together," Ronnie spoke softly, looking out at the water. She was completely aware of Rafael's gaze watching her, intense but loving at the same time. She managed a smile when he told her he loved her. She loved that he loved her that way, and she felt safe with him, but it scared her how devoted he was to her. She knew that he loved her, but he was so intense when it came to protecting her, which she thought was scary because he hadn't known her for all that long.

"I think you already said that," she replied anyway, leaning up to kiss his cheek with a whimsy grin. "But I love you, too." She still loved him, even if he did confuse her sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime2/25/2013, 9:49 pm

Rafael grinned wearily and then brushed his hair out of his face before continuing on with his conversation with Ronnie. "Well, I guess dead isn't as fun as alive. But it wouldn't have happened that way because nothing could kill someone who is so well protected." Rafael rubbed his finger against the wooden staff that was in his sheathe. Never before had he felt so...different. Always in his life he had taken the time to move himself as far from love and people as possible. Yet now it was completely strange...especially when he felt like the world had thrust him into this position and he had found someone who he could talk to so well. Rafael looked up at the sky and smiled as he thought about how maybe Hecate had known about this somehow. "Even if I did say I love you before, I mean it now as well. Besides, you can't be the only one to say it now." He grinned at Ronnie before kissing her on the cheek.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronnie and Rafael's adventures
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next