Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronnie and Rafael's adventures

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Liz
Head Admin, Goddess of Reading and Fangirliness
Liz

Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/30/2012, 11:22 pm

Ronnie gaped at the boy as he spoke, and then he promptly dissolved into mist, causing Ronnie to topple forward. She managed to palm her dagger so that it wouldn't impale her skin, and she stayed there in shock for a few milliseconds before she moved, abandoning her dagger and going immediately to Rafael. She faced him on her own knees, eyeing him with a great deal of concern. "I... I don't know. I'm not hallucinating, right? Are you alright? Do you want to see a doctor, or something?" Ronnie reached out to him gingerly, fingers grazing the side of his neck very lightly. The boy's hands had left prominent red marks on his neck, and they appeared to be enflamed.

"Excuse me, miss, but we're going to have to ask you and your boyfriend to leave," stated the maitre-d' suddenly, and Ronnie turned her head to realize that he was right behind her, and she shivered.
Back to top Go down
http://fullofglee.forumotion.com
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/30/2012, 11:57 pm

Rafael felt the cool fingers on Ronnie's hand touch his neck and he immediately calmed down. The others around them didn't even matter, just the fear and pain that was with him mattered. So when Rafael heard the maitre'd tell Ronnie that they needed to leave, Rafael went into shock. He had just been attacked by some psycho little kid and all that the people cared about was the scene that him and Ronnie were causing. You know, sir, I think that your service was terrible anyhow so we will leave. Rafael stood up slowly and then fell back to his knees. The pain in his neck was still there and he had been choked out. Now that it was all over, Rafael had nothing to hold onto. Except for Ronnie, of course. So, about that question. Will you go out with me Ronnie? Rafael felt as if he had come close to death, and he at least wanted to know if she would say yes.
Back to top Go down
http://kaneegyptian.forumotion.com/
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/1/2012, 12:03 am

Ronnie rolled her eyes. Of course, that would be all the boy was concerned with when he had just been attacked by a demonic child and was badly injured. "Yes, I will," she replied, planting a quick kiss on his cheek. She planted a hand on each of his shoulders, trying to steady him. "Do you want to go to the hospital, Rafael? How badly are you hurt? Do you think something's wrong with your neck?" she prompted, her worry-filled eyes meeting his.

"Miss," continued the maitre-d' harshly, sounding indignant. She turned her head to him for one moment.

"Shut up!" she stated frustratedly, at which his eyes widened, before immediately turning back to Rafael.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/1/2012, 1:41 am

Rafael smiled and then stood up easier. Now that he finally had an answer, Rafael felt as if the night hadn't been a complete bust. Yet she Ronnie was worried about him and that wasn't good. We were just attacked by something that wasn't natural and that is out of the hospital's range of help. Rafael looked over at the maitre-d' and spoke in anger. We don't need your assistance. Now please go be spiteful somewhere else. Rafael took Ronnie's hand and then started to move toward the door. He was tired of all of the attention that they were getting.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/1/2012, 3:42 pm

"I know," murmured Ronnie, wrapping an arm around him as they made their way outside to the car, shooting the maitre-d' an indignant glance before the door swung open, releasing the couple to the crisp fall air.

"But are you alright? Do you need nectar, or something? I don't have anything on me, but we could always go back to camp..." Ronnie was cut off by the sudden realization of what had just occurred.

"What the hell just happened?" she asked as they approached his car. The whole situation was extremely odd... a child or Tartarus? There must have been a reason behind it all, but Ronnie had no idea what it could be.

Last edited by Queen Elizabeth on 10/1/2012, 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/1/2012, 6:57 pm

Rafael felt the surprise when Ronnie put her arm around him. It was strange because no one had ever cared about him like that, at least not since he last saw his family. When Ronnie asked him if he wanted to go back to Camp, Rafael thought for a second then replied. We still haven't eaten and I still want to take you somewhere nice. Besides, I have some nectar in my car. Rafael thought about it for a second more and then reached over and took Ronnie's hand in his. She was really kind to him and he wanted to remember that night. Maybe we could go somewhere a litlle less dangerous...and thank you for taking that demon off of my neck...and saying yes.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/1/2012, 7:07 pm

Ronnie nodded, though she was still unsure. "You're sure you're alright?" she asked him, grazing the fingers of her free hand along his neck again. The handprint had faded slightly, but it was still warm to the touch and a scalding red against his usual skin tone. She met his eyes as he spoke to her once more. "Okay. And... you're welcome," she replied. She wasn't exactly sure if she had made the right decision in saying yes, not because of him, but because of her, but hopefully everything would turn out to be okay. It had to. This was something that Ronnie had to do for herself.

"I think it's best we get out of here as soon as possible, in case that kid had any 'friends.' Though I still have no idea what in the name of Hades he was..."
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/2/2012, 6:36 pm

Rafael nodded and pulled out his keys. Since it was him that was injured, he wasn't sure if Ronnie was right about needing to go back. Yet Rafael still wanted to make tonight memorable, besides being attacked by a psychotic little child of course. Rafael opened the doors on his Taurus and reached into the center console. Just inside the cup holder was a small removable piece of plastic that allowed him to get to the nectar bottles. Rafael grabbed one and took a small drink of it. Finally feeling some ease, Rafael nodded to Ronnie and spoke. Yeah we probably should leave this place. I don't like how we were just attacked and how it ended. How does some hamburgers sound? Rafael turned on the car ignition and smiled slightly. His neck hurt where the kid had been choking him yet he was beginning to feel better.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/2/2012, 8:38 pm

Ronnie watched Rafael warily, but he seemed alright as he got into the car. She opened her door, slipping inside and shutting it behind her. He downed a sip of nectar and spoke as she strung on her seatbelt. She gave him credit for speaking, because usually nectar stung with pain when it healed.

"Sounds great," Ronnie replied, forcing a smile onto her face despite what had just happened. "Feeling better?" she asked, meeting his eyes. One of her loose brown curls fell into her face, and she brushed it away quickly.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/4/2012, 7:03 pm

Rafael took his time thinking before answering. The fact that so much had happened in his life just in the past two or three days was amazing and now that Ronnie was caring about him really shocked him. Finally Rafael decided on what he would say. He saw her hair fall in her face and stopped for a moment, then he continued quickly. I feel fine, since you helped me and took out that assassin monster. Rafael shifted the car into drive and then pulled out of the parking lot. He was really beginning to wonder where they should eat, and if his current relationship with Ronnie would turn out good. When they were on the road, Rafael suddenly started to daze off and his vision felt strange. His neck started to hurt and he felt dizzy, yet his mind was focused on getting to a food joint. Then he snapped back to normal and the car was veering toward a concrete wall on the side of the road. With unnatural accuracy, Rafael spun the wheel and just barely missed the wall while pulling over. He shut off the car and then spoke. Maybe I should not drive right now. My neck is really hurting all of a sudden.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/4/2012, 11:55 pm

Ronnie waited patiently for Rafael to respond, and she simply nodded when he did. She felt a bit odd, being acknowledged for taking out such a creature, which she really didn't do, but she felt happy to have been of help nonetheless. They drove for a little while in comfortable silence, until Ronnie noticed that Rafael seemed a bit out of sorts. The car leaned leftward, out of the way of its respective lane. "Rafael?" she asked, but then he was heading full speed, toward a concrete wall. Ronnie froze for a moment before leaning over, about to grab the wheel from him before he spun it himself, swerving them out of harm's way. She felt her chest slam against her seatbelt as they stopped abruptly, her heart pounding furiously within her chest. "Maybe you shouldn't," she murmured, looking at him. "I can drive, if that's alright with you. I have my license and everything, it's okay," Ronnie said with a shrug. "Do you want to just go back to camp? That jolt couldn't have been good for your neck, and if it's affecting your head I don't think we should risk anything," she continued, watching him cautiously.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/5/2012, 10:25 am

Rafael nodded slightly and then unbuckled his seatbelt. It would be best if he did have Ronnie drive, seeing as he almost wrecked badly. As he got out of the car, Rafael's head began to spin again and he had to brace himself against the car. Rafael made his way to the back seat and crawled in while laying down. It hurt for him to just lay down, so there was no way he was driving for a while. Finally he spoke again. I'm not sure what is wrong right now, but you should probably drive us back to camp. It feels like I am going to pass out again. Rafael then rested his head against the seat of his car and just lay there trying to stay awake.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/5/2012, 7:06 pm

Ronnie got out of the car to get in the driver's seat, faltering when he stumbled, but deciding that they would be better off if they got in the car as soon as possible. She looked back at him worriedly before turning to the wheel. "Can you talk to me? It won't be good if you pass out, not right now. Tell me about something," she shifted the car into drive, turning around as carefully as possible.

"I'll try to drive smoothly, I'm sorry if I can't though," she continued.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/6/2012, 2:11 pm

Rafael thought for a moment while his eyelids grew heavy. Finally he opened his mouth to speak to Ronnie. Well, when I met you and you said who you godly parent was, I didn't care that you were the daughter of a goddess of beauty. What was important was the fact that you were different from the rest. That is why I was awestruck, because I felt that you were someone that reminded me of my normal life. Now, I guess things are just getting stranger. Yet you remind me of a few of the girls that went to my school. They were the only ones that were ever kind enough to me to make me like them and not feel as if I were a freak. Rafael didn't know why but his eyes grey misty and he started to feel sad, almost as if he were remembering his father and family. So when he was speaking, Rafael didn't realize what he was saying to Ronnie.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/6/2012, 5:53 pm

Ronnie made her way down the road, grateful for the fact that there weren't so many people driving at the moment. Rafael spoke, and she blushed furiously, though she thought that what he was saying was incredibly sweet. She opened her mouth to respond, but she wasn't sure what to say. Realizing that she needed to keep him awake, she asked him a question instead, though she hoped that what she was asking was alright.

"What was your life like... I mean, before you came to camp?"
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/7/2012, 12:44 pm

Rafael started to fall asleep and then realized that Roonie had asked him about his life before camp. He wasn't sure how to respond without making it sound like he was a whiny brat. Finally he tried to speak again. His mind was really foggy and he felt as if there was something important that had happened but he couldn't remember what it was or why his neck was burning. My life was an average life. I had been a rather smart child with no reason to believe anything was different about me and that something was missing in my life. Really, all that was bad about my life was that I had dyslexia and couldn't read very well and so my fellow classmates started to tease me and act like I was different. I became shy and withdrawn when everyone started to try and beat me up. When that happened, a lot of different things happened. I started to develop my powers. It wasn't until I was almost run over and then beat by a street gang that I really learned what I could do. Most of the time, I thought that I was different because my mother was dead. Yet I soon learned that my mother was the goddess Hecate. Rafael then started to fall asleep again without realizing it.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/8/2012, 2:08 pm

Ronnie listened, feeling troubled as his voice wavered when he spoke. He was obviously struggling to maintain consciousness, but there wasn't really anything she could do about it besides try and keep him awake by speaking. She nodded appropriately as he told his story. His life didn't sound easy, and it kind of gave Ronnie a greater understanding of why he was the way he was. When someone is constantly tormented by other people, isolated because of something they couldn't control... how could they be expected to know how to communicate with them in a completely normal manner? Rafael was in pretty decent shape, despite his experiences. She glanced back at him through the rearview mirror, only to realize he was dozing off once again. "Rafael, listen to me," she pleaded, in an attempt to coax him out of his stupor.

"I think you're really strong, being able to face people like that. It couldn't have been easy to go through everything that you did, what with those nasty kids who went to your school. Those people... I don't know. You're not a freak, Rafael, and you should know that. Maybe you're different than everybody else, at least so many people in the mortal world... but we're demigods; we're different by default. You're not a freak, and you shouldn't let anyone make you feel that way, because you're handsome and good-hearted and you've got a lot of things going for you."

Ronnie blushed slightly once more, pulling the Taurus into its previous spot near Half Blood Hill and turning to look at him, praying he hadn't fallen asleep again.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/8/2012, 3:20 pm

Rafael was vaguely aware of what Ronnie said, yet his mind constantly flowed as if it were in a river. Rafael felt as if he were getting weaker and he wondered what the hell that monster child had been. So when they finally pulled up to Half Blood Hill, Rafael opened his eyes and then spoke to Ronnie. Ronnie, I am unsure why, but my mind is numb and I can hardly move. Rafael slowly sat up and then opened the car door.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/8/2012, 3:55 pm

Upon noticing that he obviously wasn't doing so well, Ronnie exited the car, greeted by the crisp fall air, and made her way to Rafael. She pulled the door open wider, kneeling into the car next to him and putting her hand on his head instinctively, as if checking his temperature. He seemed warm, but it could've just been the contrast of the air and his skin. "Rafael, I'm sorry, but do you think you'll be able to walk, if I help you? You can lean on me, just so we can make it to the infirmary..." she ignored the fact that he said his mind was numb, right now, because she needed to focus on moving him.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/8/2012, 5:37 pm

Rafael nodded a bit and then climbed out of the car. He would accept some help but mostly Rafael just wanted to make it to the infirmary before he passed out completely. When he made it into the cool air, Rafael took a gasp. His head was hurting and the air made it feel slightly better. Rafael looked toward the crest of the hill and started to walk up to the tree at the top of the hill. Ronnie...why is it that you agreed to go out with me? Rafael suddenly felt confused at the fact that Ronnie had said yes. It was the best thing that had happened to him, yet he still wasn't sure why she had said she would. It was what made it harder for him to walk as he realized that something was strange about the night.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/8/2012, 7:04 pm

Ronnie wrapped an arm supportively around Rafael's waist, allowing him to lean on her a bit as they made their way up the hill towards the infirmary. His question shocked her, and she stiffened a bit... it wasn't that she didn't want to answer it, but she just... wasn't prepared to at the moment. "I... uh..." she paused mid step before she forced herself to continue moving with him. Scared that she would say the wrong thing and mess the poor boy up further, she dismissed the topic. "I... I'll explain later. We need to get you in the infirmary," the kept moving, and Ronnie made sure he was standing up straight before she opened the infirmary door, helping him in. "You... sit..." Ronnie was obviously concerned with his well-being. She grabbed him a cup of water to start off, placing it gingerly in his palm and hoping he wouldn't drop it as she knelt in front of his cot. "How do you feel? Can you tell me what happened before?" Ronnie wasn't quite sure if he was coherent or not, and she had to find out.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/9/2012, 10:40 pm

((This is a basic reply...I will amp up my replies soon))

Rafael almost fell when he made it to the infirmary, yet Ronnie had been supporting him. When they made it there, Rafael was already half crazed. He couldn't remember much, yet what Ronnie wanted to know seemed really important. Rafael tried to gather his thoughts a bit, yet he couldn't. He finally reached for Ronnie's hand and took it in his grasp. He spoke to her because he needed to stay in the mortal realm. I remember us talking on the pier and then you fell. I remember saving you and we decided to go to supper. We went to the restaurant and were talking. A strange boy...no, he had sharp fangs and glittering black eyes with blood red lips. He seemed like a vampire, but I was going to help him for some reason. His hands were cold and there were barbs that injected something almost painful into my neck. It seemed to stop and...now we're here. Rafael held onto Ronnie's hand for comfort while his mind swirled around behind his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/9/2012, 11:09 pm

((It's fine! I'm sorry my posts haven't been very long either, I've had so much work that I don't have time to make very high quality posts. This is okay, though.))

Ronnie took Rafael's hand, squeezing it gently and lacing her fingers through his, forming a union between them as he spoke. Grateful that he remembered most of what happened, she kissed him softly on the cheek. "Okay..." she tried to think. What could be wrong with him? "I'll be right back." Quickly, she retrieved a cupful of nectar, just enough that it would be safe for him to take. "There's nothing embedded in your neck, that can be removed, is there? Is it just internal?" She held the cup before him, grasping it firmly between her fingers. "I think you should try and drink this, a bit at a time, and see if you feel any better."

Ronnie was no healer, but being that her stepmother worked as a nurse, she knew quite a bit about first-aid, if only mortal. She didn't know a very large amount regarding demigods, but it wasn't so much different than for mortals, depending on their ailment.

"You don't think you could have a concussion, do you?" she held up two fingers on her right hand, setting her cup of nectar on his cot's bedside table. "How many fingers am I holding up? Can you see me clearly?"
Back to top Go down
Dragonfire
Big Three Demigod
Dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/9/2012, 11:32 pm

Rafael took the nectar and drank some of it. He felt better for a couple minutes and then the dizziness returned and he started to slip further away mentally. He looked at Ronnie and tried to focus on her hand. The entire image was blurred so badly he couldn't tell. Then he looked away and he realized she was holding two fingers up. As he opened his mouth to respond, Rafael's eyes rolled into the back of his head. He started taking short gasps of air and his chest was heaving. Rafael's body started to thrash as the marks on his neck grew a deeper red and the areas where the venom had entered rose into small bulges. Rafael's skin started to yellow around the hand prints. Rafael's hand went into a shudder and then it was paralyzed into a grip on Ronnie's.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/10/2012, 7:10 pm

Ronnie sat with him, her hand in his as the nectar processed in his system. His composure seemed to slacken slightly, which Ronnie was glad for, and she waited patiently for him to reply to her question, understanding that he was still thrown off. But then he was convulsing, his eyes rolling up to the back of his head, the marks on his neck becoming much more defined, his hand gripping hers more tightly, like a death vise.

"Rafael!" she exclaimed, her eyes widening. How could she help him? That demon child must have injected something into her system, and she had no idea what to do. There had to be a healer around here somewhere... as much as it pained her to leave him there, she forced her hand from his grip, careful not to hurt his hand.

"I'm sorry, Rafael. I'll be right back." Her voice was thick with panic, and she was worried that something would happen to him while she was gone, but she left his side swiftly in search of help. She returned mere seconds later, a young daughter of Apollo at her side. She knelt over Rafael, taking his hand as Ronnie explained what had happened frantically. Albeit, she left out a few key details, but it was okay. The Apollo girl quickly started murmuring an incantation, and Ronnie prayed that whatever she was doing would work. Ronnie shifted, moving forward to touch him, but the girl swore, breaking her incantation to turn to her.

"Stay back!" the healer warned her, picking up almost immediately back where she left off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie and Rafael's adventures   Ronnie and Rafael's adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronnie and Rafael's adventures
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next