Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Quite Dangerous Lake

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

The Quite Dangerous Lake Empty
PostSubject: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/19/2012, 3:41 am

In the midst of my wanderings, I came across an area where the ground had a distinctive give to it. Like... sand? Really soft dirt? One of those things. I took a few more steps forward, tapping the ground with my cane, and stopped when I heard a splash. Water? Oh dear, water was not a good thing for me to be around. I could fall in, and not be able to see a dock or the shore, or any way to get out. I took a step back nervously, and wondered about whether I should turn around and head back to the areas I knew better.

I heard a rustle-y sort of sound, accompanied by a distinctively insectile scuttle. A shiver ran up my spine- bugs were unsettling, and giant bugs were horrifying. Then I heard a low catlike growl, which came from the same direction as the other sounds. Wait... a cat-bug? That did not make any sense... unless... oh. It had to be a manticore, then- they were part lion and part scorpion, correct?

Well. I found myself thinking of ways to run away, instead of actually running away. What if I fell into the lake? And drowned? What would be worse, death by manticore or death by water?

The sounds scuttled closer.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/19/2012, 3:57 am

A shadowy portal formed near the lake and I casually walked out of it. That was how I shadow-travel...I found it interesting that each shadow-traveler had a unique quirk in there form of shadow travel. anyways...it was night-time so I was in my armor, looking around the area. I spotted a girl, she looked about my age maybe younger, and she looked rather worried. It seemed like she had heard something that spooked her. I also took notice of her face, she had a blindfold on, so she was either blind or had suffered major damage to her eyes. I then scanned the nearby area to see if there was something lurking near her. Sure enough I did see something there....it was about twenty or so feet away from her and it seemed to be circling her. I quietly sneaked around the creature and studied it for awhile. It seemed to be insectoid in appearence, but it's posture and behavior were definately feline....must be a manticore or something close to that. I quietly half-drew my sword and waited to see what this beast would do next.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/19/2012, 4:06 am

The manticore lept forwards with a feral snarl, and crashed into me from the side. I fell down into the sand with a strangled yelp, my cane useless by my side. The yelp was strangled because the beast had its great furry paw lodged on my throat, like it intended to suffocate me at its leisure. A glob of gross drool splattered on my cheek. GROSS. GROSS GROSS GROSS. But there were more important things to worry about right now. I tried to kick the underbelly of the monster, but my foot met nothing but open air.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/19/2012, 4:10 am

I had already charged forward swiftly before the manticore made it's move. By the time it was on top of the girl I was thrusting my katana downwards, and puncturing the the back the of the beast's skull, a definate death-blow. I made sure not the go down to deep or to apply too much force to my attack, in case the blade would pierce the other side and go through the girl.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/19/2012, 4:14 am

The manticore roared in surprise- it had so focused on its hapless prey that it hadn't noticed the other demigod. It disintegrated into yellow dust, which was scattered by the wind.

I coughed, and gasped for air. Oh, thank the gods. But... what had just happened? Did the monster run away? Did someone kill it? Was whatever had caused the manticore to go away going to attack me, now?
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/19/2012, 4:30 am

I sheathed my sword and studied the girl, she seemed alittle confused at what had just happened. I went to speak, but figured I should alter my voice alittle just incase I met her when I was Jesse. The voice I made was quiet, alittle raspy, and lower-pitched than my normal voice, "Are you okay?" I then said simply.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/19/2012, 4:35 am

"Um... I don't know, stranger. Am I bleeding horribly?" I did not think so, but it was hard to tell when I could not see the blood if it was there... sometimes, adrenaline made it seem like you did not feel anything at all...
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/19/2012, 4:45 am

"Oh, don't worry about injuries little one, I got to the beast before it could even take a swipe at you. You'll probably feel alittle bit bruised up by morning, and besides a little bit of drool, you are fine." I replied to the girl simply.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/19/2012, 5:01 am

"Oh yeah. Drool." I sat up, and wiped off my face with the back of my hand. Blegh. I felt around for my cane, and found it lying a few inches from me in the sand. "So... um... thank you, unknown person, for saving me from a cat-bug."
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/19/2012, 6:51 pm

I made a small smile, "No problem, just doing what I do best." I replied simply.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/20/2012, 2:29 am

"Saving blind people from monsters? That's a funny profession," I remarked. Oh, look at that! I used a contraction!
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/20/2012, 2:31 am

I laughed alittle then replied, "Well I guess you could say it's part of my job...though I don't think of it as a job."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/20/2012, 2:41 am

"You do stuff like this normally?" Well, this was certainly intriguing. I got to my feet with the aid of my cane, feeling sore all over. Getting knocked to the ground by a manticore certainly hurt.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/20/2012, 2:43 am

"Sort of, whenever someone's in trouble and they look like they can't get out of the situation by themself I just swoop in and help them out."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/20/2012, 2:55 am

I scratched the back of my head, and felt a little embarrassed. I mumbled various things under my breath, not knowing what to say, really. "... guess helplessness is that obvious... like moths to flame... Count Chocula..."
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/20/2012, 2:59 am

I frowned alittle, "Oh don't worry I'm sure you're aren't as helpless as you think, I bet if you did the right kind of training you could detect a bug from a mile away...well that's kind of am exaggeration..."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/20/2012, 10:59 pm

"Really? Er, I am blind, in case you could not tell..." I replied, and pointed at my blindfold. Oh, dear, it was probably smudged-up with dirt now. That would be... unsightly...
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/20/2012, 11:13 pm

"Yes I am aware of that, but people who have one sense missing have more time to focus on the other senses. They can hear, smell, taste, and feel things better than a person who wasn't blind, I'm sure you can too." I replied simply, not wanting to get all teacher-like.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/20/2012, 11:22 pm

"Well it's not like I will know if my senses are abnormally accurate." Pffft. They were probably just the same as a regular person, sight being excepted of course. Knowing the difference would be like... like... like asking me to describe the fabled color 'blue'. What the heck was this 'blue'? Or 'red', or even 'green' for that matter. And as long as my thoughts were on the topic of things I did not know... what was the sky? I had heard that it was blue, but what was it? Bah...
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/20/2012, 11:33 pm

"True, but you could always...er..what's the word...focus on them a little more and they might get a little bit better than a person with five senses.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/21/2012, 12:25 am

"Hmm. Well, I will certainly keep that in mind," I said, even though I did not think it would work out so well.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/22/2012, 12:52 am

"Okay then..." I replied simply. I then remained quiet for a few seconds then said, "So what's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/22/2012, 1:20 am

"Rhiannon-Aithne, but that's kind of a mouthful, so you can just call me whatever you want," I said. Sigh. Why did my father have to give me such a long name? It took literally ages to poke into paper with a stupid stylus.
Back to top Go down
Dovah
Demi-Titan
Dovah

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/22/2012, 1:50 am

"I think I'll just go with Rhiannon." I replied with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime2/22/2012, 2:29 am

"Alrighty then. Then, what should I call you?" I inquired. I smiled when I said it, too, for some reason. Was this person smiling as well? I had heard from some television documentary that blind people could still inexplicably detect and mimic the expressions of people around them. Hmm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Quite Dangerous Lake   The Quite Dangerous Lake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Quite Dangerous Lake
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next