Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Deep Dark Lake

Go down 
+11
Damascus
Crazymoose99
Ani
Wednesday
Rayquaza
Dexter
Dena
Kenzie
Kasi
Hammah
Evimero
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Damascus
qt 3.14

The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime12/24/2012, 1:34 pm

"The whole way. I stopped every other day, though because, let's face it, no one can really safely sleep when they're being hunted by monsters. Especially not alone." Athus says. "And as you can probably imagine, that leaves a lot of wear on the legs. Half the time I pushed on and didn't make camp until well after the sun went down. Still took me longer than I would have hoped, with all those monsters."
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime2/24/2013, 10:50 pm

Shane smiled as he entered the lake area, leading the girl he had met in the arena. "First stop on the tour is the lake. One of about three places where you can go swimming, if you know how to swim that is." He told her.
Back to top Go down
Rave Girl
Minor God
Rave Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime2/24/2013, 10:53 pm

I follow in. "Of course I don't know how. My family wouldn't let me ten feet within a water source that was more than two feet deep even then they got iffy," I say, "I've never really been in water. Which is funny because you need water to make a rainbow."
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime2/25/2013, 12:26 am

Shane looked over at the girl, first with complete disbelief and then with a kinda sorrow feeling. "If you want to learn, sometime sooner or later I can talk to one of my friends to help you learn. Triton kids or other water deities or neriads are great at the job." He told her. He lead her down to the water, telling her that they'd stay there for a few minutes or so just to let her get a feel of her surroundings. How she did it with being blind was beyond Shane, but he questioned nothing.
Back to top Go down
Rave Girl
Minor God
Rave Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime2/25/2013, 12:31 am

I was a little reluctant at first but followed him into the water. It felt so cool and nice. I knew that my dress was getting soaked and Onicka would get suspicious but who cared. I smiled and made a little rainbow on the water. Even though I couldn't see it I knew it was there. SO cruel to be able to make something beautiful but not be able to see it myself. "Thank you," I said softly.
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime2/25/2013, 8:46 pm

Shane watched her enter the water with him and make the rainbow appear. "You're welcome." He told her with a smile. He wadded his way out of the water, his pants up to his kneecaps now soaked, but it was worth it. He lead her out as well. "Shall we be off to our next stop, then? Long day ahead and we're burning daylight." He told her with a little bit of sarcasm, but it was joking not insulting.
Back to top Go down
Rave Girl
Minor God
Rave Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime2/25/2013, 8:55 pm

"Where else is there to go?" I asked a smile on my face. This was the most fun I've had in years.
Back to top Go down
Dexter
Minor God
Dexter

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime2/25/2013, 9:06 pm

"Well, rather than go to the beach to show the other swimming area, I'm going to show you one of the most peaceful places in the forest." He said to her. Taking her hand gently he smiled and lead her out of the lake area.
Back to top Go down
Rave Girl
Minor God
Rave Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime2/25/2013, 9:13 pm

I held is hand and willingly let him lead me out. Even though I heard a small voice in the back of my head telling me this was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 9:59 pm

After that horrible, horrible experience, Carmen found himself wandering aimlessly. He was quite upset, but he wasn't one to cry easily, or one to take out his frustrations on other people. He just needed some time to himself to cool off.
Somehow, he ended up at a large lake. He'd never been here before, and had no idea how to get back. Whatever, shadow-travel was a thing, and this place was nicely shaded by tall pines. Not a single soul was in sight, which was strange, considering what a warm day it was. Campers should, naturally, be swimming around and goofing off and just being dumb teenagers in general. It was good that no one was here, though, Carmen supposed, because that meant he could hang out and no one would bother him. He walked out onto a dock that extended a few yards into the lake, and looked down into its inky depths. It wasn't the first time that he wished he could breathe underwater.
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 10:08 pm

Even though she'd grown up in the middle of the city in a one-bedroom apartment, she couldn't help but love swimming. Though the local YMCA was too expensive, they had free lessons twice a month and Annalise had always loved going. The feeling of water on her skin, the coolness on her face, the weightlessness. She was running out of breath, though, so she popped up suddenly in front of the dock.
Back to top Go down
http://www.adenchan.deviantart.com
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 10:13 pm

There had not been a person there a second ago. The girl's sudden appearance caused Carmen to inhale sharply and take a step back, his right hand flew to his left, ready to pull the sword-ring off his finger. Another moment and he decided that the girl was probably not a monster, but slightly too pretty to be a regular demigod. Maybe she was a naiad?
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 10:17 pm

Annalise froze for a moment, sinking slightly as she noticed a random boy on the dock who had not been there when she'd dived under. She kicked her feet again, sweeping her wet bangs out of her eyes and glancing up. "Ah, hello. There." She called up.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 10:22 pm

"Hey," Carmen replied. He was still suspicious, despite the conclusions he'd drawn, and it couldn't hurt too much to ask a question or two. "You're not planning on killing me horribly, are you?" He twisted the ring on his left hand, fiddling with it, just in case the girl leapt out of the water in some kind of monstrous frenzy.
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 10:31 pm

"Uh," Well, that wasn't something she was asked everyday. "No?" Annalise, kicked idly, mouth beneath the water. The boy was tall, with dark hair and fiddling with his ring. Married? No, wrong finger probably. "Are most people here murderers?" She asked, lifting her chin above the water. Annalise hoped not, but with a sinking in her stomach, wouldn't be surprised.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 10:36 pm

"I hope not. I was just, uh," Carmen felt mildly embarrassed at this point, but he kept talking anyways. "Afraid you were a monster or something. Sorry." Yeah, he felt dumb. He always seemed to find a way to embarrass himself in front of pretty girls right off the bat. Which was probably for the best.
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 10:46 pm

Annalise smiled slightly, swimming up to the dock and resting her elbows on it. "Not a monster just a demi- halfblood." She preferred the term halfblood, even if it reminded her of halfbreed and Dolores Umbridge. At least Dolores Umbridge brought fond memories of watching Harry Potter marathons with Ray. But halfblood, demititan, mortal; all the names sounded kind of... racist?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 10:56 pm

Maybe she hadn't noticed that he'd made an ass of himself already. Or maybe it wasn't as bad as he'd thought. "A demi-halfblood?" Carmen smiled, and put his hands in the pockets of his jacket. It was sort of hot to be wearing a black jacket outside, but he tended to sunburn easily, and would rather sweat a little than experience the horrible itching and peeling.
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 11:01 pm

Annalise inclined her head as she pushed herself up, swiveling so she sat on the dock, dripping slightly. "A demi-halfblood." She repeated, a small twist to her lips as she adjusted her swimsuit. It was more or less a t-shirt tied back and a pair of blue swimsuit shorts. She sighed, she needed to save up and get a new one.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 11:10 pm

Well, it wouldn't be very nice to stand up and talk to someone who was sitting, so Carmen semi-awkwardly sat down cross-legged on the edge of the dock next to her. He hoped she wouldn't think he was a weirdo and shove him into the water.
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 11:13 pm

Annalise rolled her head, hearing a satisfying pop, before sliding the hair tie off her wrist and putting her wet, rust-red locks into a messy bun. "I'm Annalise," She informed the guy, glancing his way once more as he sat beside her. He seemed friendly enough.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime9/14/2013, 11:20 pm

This was where he responded with his own name, right? Gods above, he was horrible at regular old socializing, especially when upset. Talking to Annalise was a good distraction, though. "I'm Carmen," he replied, and silently prayed that she wouldn't laugh at his name, thinking it was 'girly' or something. People always did that, though, so he braced himself for mental impact.
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 1:12 am

Annalise wrung the water out of her hair, kicking her feet along the top of the water as she listened to the guy - Carmen, talk. Carmen was a unisex name, right? She'd known a girl named Dylan once, and a boy named Luca. Of course, Dylan had been called a dike and Luca gay, but children were cruel and she was getting distracted. "Nice to meet you Carmen." Anna replied, inclining her head in his direction.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 1:28 am

"Mhm... so, uh, who's your god parent? Or titan parent, I guess. Unless you're a naiad or something. You're pretty enough to be o- I mean, uh," aghhh, NOOOOOO. He'd let himself ramble again, and that never let to good things. Only to getting laughed at and/or walked away from. He wasn't even actively trying to flirt with Annalise, things were just sort of spilling out of his mouth unbidden.

*~*SWEATS NERVOUSLY*~*
Back to top Go down
Dena
Demi-Titan
Dena

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime9/15/2013, 2:06 am

Annalise had stiffened when parents were mentioned before letting out a startled laugh. Her? Pretty? Annie didn't think she was ugly or fat or anything like that, but she was average at best. It's not like she was horribly self depreciating like some of the girls she'd known. "So I'm pretty enough to be a naiad?" She asked lightly, a teasing lilt to her voice as she avoided answering the question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Deep Dark Lake   The Deep Dark Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Deep Dark Lake
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next