Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Very Nice Hotel

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

A Very Nice Hotel - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 9 Icon_minitime8/19/2012, 6:08 am

The second option sounded less in-the-way, so I fired another bullet into the stairwell before doing that. Gods dammit, if whoever installed these lights did a faulty job and they fell during this, I swore I was going to hunt down whoever was responsible and make them sorry.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 9 Icon_minitime8/19/2012, 6:53 pm

"No, not yet. We'll jump together, and then you can grab onto me for propriety's sake." I said, although I didn't really hate that she was so close. "You ready?" I asked, getting up on the railing and shooting a security guy's ear off when he popped his head up from the stairs. It had been an awkward shot, since I had to pull the gun out of my pocket to shoot him
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 9 Icon_minitime8/19/2012, 7:07 pm

Oh... derp. Why didn't I understand that at first? Whatever, there wasn't time to whine over my idiocy right now. I hauled myself onto the railing, knees slightly bent, prepared to jump. "Ready," I said, with a knot in my stomach. It was such a long way down.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 9 Icon_minitime8/19/2012, 7:09 pm

"Okay, when we jump, grab onto me as quickly as you can or we might end up separating." I said, and licked my lips nervously before counting down. "Okay, on one. .three. .two. .one." I said, and jumped.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 9 Icon_minitime8/19/2012, 7:20 pm

I lept from the railing at the end of Lee's countdown. There was a moment, barely a fraction of a second, where we were suspended in midair. I happened to be looking slightly down, seeing how very far from the ground we were. The feeling was exhilarating, and terrifying.
Now, there seemed to be a slight problem that I hadn't foreseen. Lee was moving through the air more quickly than I, and I had started falling downwards more quickly than him. Maybe it was because his legs were stronger, and his jump had gone higher. By the time I'd reacted and gotten my arms around him, they were just above waist level rather than chest level. If I'd been much slower, I might have missed completely.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 9 Icon_minitime8/19/2012, 7:37 pm

I felt Cynder grab onto me, and searched quickly for a piece of the chandelier to grab onto. I grabbed onto the rim, and felt one of its supports break free from the ceiling, and the whole thing started to swing forward, towards the exit. As long as the other suuports didn't give way, we'd practically swing into the doors. Obviously, I'd let go before then, though. .

Valentino saw the half-bloods jump and grab onto the chandelier, and quickly trotted out of the hotel, almost losing one of his fake feet. A few cop cars pulled up outside, and emptied into the building, heading towards the stairs and stopping thee when they looked above. He ran to his car and started it, waiting for the kids to come out, looking for an escape route. They'd try to get to their car, which he had already moved to outside a restaurant. Even if they'd left carefully, he would have been their only ride.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 9 Icon_minitime8/19/2012, 7:47 pm

We dropped downward another couple of inches all of a sudden, and swung down in a wide arc towards the doors. I had that feeling, like when you're on a roller coaster, and it seems like your heart flies into your throat and stays there until the freefall stops. At one point in the pendulum-like swing, my feet brushed the ground, so I let go of Lee, and stumbled slightly due to the sudden lack of momentum. It took me a second to recover, but when I did, I headed for the doors.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 9 Icon_minitime8/19/2012, 8:01 pm

I let go a bit after Cynder, and rolled when I hit the ground, springing up and pulling the gun out again. There were a lot of cops, so I emptied the gun at them, and then threw the gun at them, and yelled "GRENADE!" They promptly jumped away from it and freaked out. They looked at me suspiciously as I ran for the door, and I yelled, "JUST KIDDING! TIME BOMB! FIVE MINUTES!" Bomb squads were expensive, so making them use them amused me. I burst out of the door and looked around. It looked like the cops had actually thought to lock thier doors, but there was one car with an old, tired look man in it. He had a black fedora with a red feather in it on, and a ginormous beard. He started beckoning me over.

"I took your car, and you wouldn't have made it to it, anyway! I'll give you a ride to a restaurant where we can talk things over." Valentino said, and then pulled up his pant leg and kicked his fake foot off. "I'm a satyr. Head of a crime syndicate of demi-gods." He explained. He looked through the doors, and saw that the 'cleaning staff' was blocking the police from exiting, saying they needed to clean up the chandelier, that it was there fault. They were, of course, hired by Valentino.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 9 Icon_minitime8/19/2012, 8:09 pm

I made it outside a few seconds before Lee did, and after he got out, a rather shifty-looking man gestured to him, and said that he'd relocated our car, that he was some sort of mobster satyr, and that we needed to go with him. My first reaction was to point the gun and shoot. But... unfortunately, I seemed to be out of ammo. Ugh. I dropped the empty pistol in irritation. "We don't have a choice, do we?" I muttered to Lee.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 9 Icon_minitime8/19/2012, 8:13 pm

I shook my head, and looked back. The police were breaking through a line of evil-looking cleaning ladies, who I didn't think I'd be able to take out with only one kick. I grabbed Cynder's hand and ran for the car, and opened the back door for her.

Valentino smiled, knowing that he had won.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 9 Icon_minitime8/19/2012, 8:19 pm

I headed for the car with Lee, and jumped in once the door was open, scooting over far enough that there was room for him to crawl in beside me. I saw the police squabbling with cleaning ladies just inside the hotel doors, and it looked like they were about to break through.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 9 Icon_minitime8/19/2012, 8:21 pm

I jumped into the car and slammed the door. The cops burst through the doors, knocked them off their hinges. They hit the floor and shattered.

Valentino sped away, heading for a nice restaurant.

I sighed, and wrapped my arm around Cynder, watching the guy in front suspiciously.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 9 Icon_minitime8/19/2012, 8:32 pm

Why did this satyr show up and help us? I severely doubted that it was out of the goodness in his heart. This guy wanted something from us. I was glad that Lee wrapped a comforting arm around me, because I was slightly afraid. I felt like we were pieces in a plan, like pawns in a game of chess. Well, we were probably more important than pawns, but the sentiment was the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Very Nice Hotel
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9