Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Very Nice Hotel

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 5:06 am

"Oh, right. You can't just walk around wearing a tie, can you..." I wouldn't mind it at all, but I had a feeling that random strangers would find it unsettling. My imaginings were suddenly interrupted by another employee. A short, redheaded girl with a lot of freckles and too much eye makeup.

The girl, whose name tag said her name was Courtney, smiled warmly at the couple. "Hello, I haven't seen you in our store before," she said, a bit too cheerily.

"No, I imagine not," I replied, somewhat dryly and condescendingly. I didn't really care if I was mean to her or not. Strangers were very, very suspicious to me today, after what had happened earlier.

Courtney was a bit off-put by the girl's personality, but she kept smiling. "Will you be needing any help finding your size for a dress this afternoon?"

I was inclined to say no, but then I realized that I really had no idea how dress sizes worked. Erm.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 5:14 am

I almost went off to get my shoes and leave Cynder to have girl time with this stupid girl, but I realized how stupid of a thought that was. This girl could be a monster. I was always suspicious of people who smiled too much, and she wasn't seeming to stop. So I decided I'd stay with Cynder, except maybe in the changing room, for appearances. I shifted the things I was holding to make them more comfortable, and stayed silent. Nothing I said would end up being remotely polite, and I didn't want to start anything that got the stupid police in here.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 5:25 am

"Um." Well, this was a little awkward. The boyfriends usually walked off to go do other things by this point. Maybe this one, cute as he was, couldn't take a hint very well. "You look a bit slender for misses' sizes, but juniors' might be a bit, um, snug." Courtney took a measuring length out of one of her fancy uniform jacket pockets. "Could you extend an arm, please?

... why on earth did she need to measure my arm? That didn't seem like it had anything to do with anything. I held out my left arm, feeling very skeptical.

Courtney measured from the girl's fingertips to her shoulder, and did not miss the fact that she appeared to be wearing a wedding ring. Looking slightly crestfallen, she added, "I'll need to measure your waist, too," before wrapping the measuring length around her midsection.

Bah. Well at least that made more sense. I still didn't know why the f#ck she'd needed to measure my arm.

"Hmm. It looks like your closest size could be a 2, with a little adjusting. You're quite tall, you know. Right this way." And with that, Courtney walked off towards the dress section.

Er. I glanced at Lee with a questioning expression. Was he coming, too? I wouldn't feel comfortable alone in here with some stranger, really.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 5:28 am

I watched curiously and rather suspiciously. I thought it was really weird when she measured Cynder's arm, and I swear she made a weird face when she was the wedding ring. I really wanted to punch her at that point. I'd never really thought about Cynder as being tall, since she was shorter than me, but when she mentioned it, it made sense. when Cynder looked back at me, I smiled and nodded to tell her that I was coming along.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 5:41 am

I gave Lee a brief smile in return, and then turned around to follow the girl off to the dress section.

Courtney stopped in the part of the aisle with the size 2s. Normally, she'd stay and continue to help, but she got the sense that she wasn't wanted here in the least. Besides, both of these people were extremely intimidating. "I'll be at the register if you need any more assistance," she said, and left.

Well, at least I didn't need to bother telling her to go away. I really hadn't liked the way she looked at Lee. Then again, I didn't like the way any girl looked at Lee. I glanced at the different dresses, and most of them looked pretty stupid, or had necklines practically down to their knees, or were pink, or all three. Only two of the dresses were black, and of those, one of them was extremely long and looked like I'd trip over it. I picked up one of the not-stupid dresses, and looked at it. It had thin straps on it, so it probably wouldn't just fall off of me, and looked like it'd come down to just over my knees. Well, I guessed that was alright, for a dress.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 5:44 am

I desperately wanted to shoot the girl in the back as she walked away, but refrained myself. I looked back over at all of the dresses. Goodness, some of these looked more like underwear than dresses. I knew Cynder would never wear most of them, and when she finally pulled out a dress, I blushed a little as I imagined her in it. I smiled, and said, "I like that one."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 5:53 am

I glanced back at the rack of dresses, and noticed one that I'd completely missed before, probably because it was so close to the one I was already holding. It was essentially the same, but with a red sort of sash thing around the waist that made me think of Lee's tie. I picked that one up, too. "Oh, this one would match with you, though..." And then I realized that I might sound silly. Gods, matching outfits... it'd be so fun, though.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 5:56 am

I smiled, and realized how ridiculously cliche matching outfits would be. And then I realized how much I just didn't care because it was Cynder. I nodded, "Yes, if we're going to be all dressed up, we should probably match." I decided, and just couldn't stop smiling, for some reason. It was a dress. I had a suit. Why was this exciting me?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 6:02 am

I put the dress without the red section back, and then realized that we'd both need different shoes. There had to be a shoe section somewhere. I glanced around, and then realized... the entire back wall was covered in shoes, from floor to ceiling. Oh, gods. It was going to be a nightmare if I actually tried to find out which ones I liked best. I made up my mind to just pick the first non-stupid black flats that fit.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 6:06 am

I followed Cynder's gaze, and my eyes widened. Holy f*ck, how did they make any money if they bought that many shoes? Why was that necessary? All of the guys' shoes looked essentially the same to me. I just needed a pair of black shoes that fit and didn't look hideous. I started walking towards the shoes, feeling a little intimidated.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 6:13 am

I followed behind Lee. For some reason, the giant wall of shoes seemed like some sort of monster that I wanted as far away from me as possible. Like some sort of weird hydra type thing with a million feet. When we were closer, I noticed that the shoes were arranged extremely strangely, with the men's shoes right in the middle of the women's section. They started after size six, and the women's size seven started on the other side. That was strange, but sort of convenient. I sort of remembered being a size six, or six and a half, or something. It'd been ages, but I knew there was a six in there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 6:19 am

I started pulling men's shoes down and comparing them to my feet. I didn't want to bother going into the changing room to try on shoes, so I did it there. eventually, I found some that were plain black and fitted me correctly, with a little bit of wiggle room. They did have a weird buckle thing on top, that had absolutely no function. I checked by trying to maneuver it several different ways.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 6:27 am

I spotted a pair of, fortunately, non-stupid black flats in size six. I kicked off one of my regular shoes, and slipped one of the fancy ones on. Luckily, they fit. I wondered how they'd look with the dress, and thought it'd be alright. The shoes had the fabric on them sort of pulled to one side and wrapped together in a fancy-looking way. With our new outfits, we were going to look so incredibly fancy that no one at the hotel would bother asking where we got our money. Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 6:32 am

I walked over to Cynder with my stack of clothes, and noticed that the dressing room doors couldn't be seen by an employees, and it looked like there were people in all of the other rooms but two. Or at least, if there weren't, my mind acted like there were to provide myself an excuse. "Would you rather go into different rooms so that we can kind of. .surprise each other, or go into the same room?" I asked Cynder.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 6:46 am

I was very tempted to use the same, room, but... well, things might happen that I wanted to save for later in the evening. Despite that, I was about to answer that we could share a room when an attendant walked over into that area and just stood there. Gods dammit, why? Maybe they had to make sure no one stole clothes by hiding them under their shirts or something. "It looks like we'll have to have separate rooms," I answered, with a bit of a sigh.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 6:47 am

I shrugged, kind of upset, too. "That's okay, I guess. They're right next to each other, anyway." I noted, and kissed Cynder on the cheek as I started to walk for on of the changing rooms.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 7:05 am

That little peck on the cheek made me feel a bit better, but I still didn't like the idea of being separated - even by a flimsy dressing room wall. I walked with Lee to the changing rooms, and felt a little uncomfortable when we walked past the employee watching the rooms. I guessed that he was a security guard of some sort, because he had a walkie-talkie and was wearing sunglasses indoors like a d#uchebag.
I went into one of the dressing rooms, and bolted the door shut behind me. One of the walls was completely covered in a mirror, which was sort of weird, but whatever. I changed out of my clothes, leaving them in a pile in the corner. I put on the dress, and my new shoes on, too. There was just one problem. I couldn't quite reach the zipper in the back. Well, this was a problem. I obviously needed assistance. "Lee?" I said, loudly enough that he could probably hear me through the wall. "I need some help..."
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 7:11 am

I walked into the room next to Cynder, and tried on different pants until I got the right size. I changed into the dress shirt and put on the suit coat when I heard Cynder ask for my help. It didn't sound urgent, so I didn't break down the wall like I kind of wanted to do. I put my dress shoes on and slid the tie around my neck and let it hang there. I grabbed my old clothes and got out of the changing room, and stood in front of Cynder's door. "What is it?" I asked softly.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 7:20 am

"I, ah, can't reach the zipper," I explained. The dress seemed to be falling down without the zipper zipped, so I had to hold it up by the straps with one hand. Wouldn't want it falling off when Lee walked in, after all. I unbolted the door with my free hand, and opened it just enough for him to get in.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 7:22 am

I slipped into Cynder's changing room and closed and bolted the door. I saw her in the mirror and my jaw swung open. I just. .wordlessly zipped up her zipper. I sat there, staring at her like an idiot for a bit, because I couldn't think of how to explain how amazing she looked.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 7:35 am

The dress felt more tight-fitting and restricting than the sort of clothes I was used to wearing, though I supposed it was supposed to be that way. I turned around to look at Lee, and just sort of stared for a few seconds. I really needed to find excuses to get him to wear a suit more often. His tie was conveniently around his neck, but untied, so I fixed that quite happily.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 7:39 am

I just stared into Cynder's eyes smiling like an idiot for a few seconds, before realizing I didn't need my old sh*t anymore, except my shoes. I took the gun out of my pants pocket and put it into an inside pocket of my suit coat, and dropped the other clothes in the convenient little trash can.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 7:49 am

Eh. My clothes were pretty ruined as well, so I went over to pick them and the money envelope up. There was my sword belt, too, but I couldn't exactly put that on in this outfit. Speaking of the dress, it proved to be impossible to bend over in it. I had to sort of bend my knees and kneel down to grab my stuff, and toss the dirty clothes in the trash.

The security guard knocked on the dressing room door, and coughed awkwardly. "One customer per room, please."
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 7:53 am

"I could have done that for you. ." I said softly to Cynder, smiling. The security guard knocked on the door, and I sighed. "Just a minute, let us put our clothes back on." I said, trying not to laugh. I'd had enough of being annoyed, so I decided to be snarky.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Draconic Overlord
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2012, 7:57 am

I had to hold a hand over my mouth to stifle my laughter. I didn't want to ruin the joke, after all. I sort of wished it hadn't been a jest, though...

The security guard flushed completely red. "It is against company policy to engage in, erm, relations on the premises," he blustered. He was sort of tempted to peek through the tiny crack between the door and the wall, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Very Nice Hotel   A Very Nice Hotel - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Very Nice Hotel
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next