Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reading more than books.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

Reading more than books. Empty
PostSubject: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/2/2013, 11:33 pm

I walked into the library, trying to find a section that I hadn't read from before, or at least not for a while. I browsed the collections, remember the facts from books as I read their titles, refreshing my knowledge as I went. I finally settled in an area towards the back corner of the library, where it was a little darker than most. The refreshing, yet claustrophobic smell of old pages and stones filled the air, and it inhaled it contentedly. I leaned my cane against a shelf and selected Dante's Inferno, as it had been a while. I switched my glasses to yellow-tinted, slightly magnified, and began to read at a leisurely pace of one page every thirty seconds.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

Location : If I told you? Well... that would be a big mess to clean up.

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/2/2013, 11:45 pm

Reading more than books. Tumblr_me5uhyBXGi1rrn9k9o1_500
~Emerson Tyler~
Emerson Tyler walked into the library. The girl wouldn't even had known a library had existed if Penny hadn't pointed it out to her. Now the gymnast had books, lots of books. When not practicing for gymnastics meets, Emery was generally reading. She had massive stock pile of books under her bed.
Her light fingers skimmed over the old covers and Emery pulled out an old manuscript written in Greek... Interesting... The girl walked over to the chair and opened the manuscript. The velum crackled under her fingers as she read, her vivid green eyes looking down the page, reading glasses perched on the edge of her nose. It was an old record of the early days of the Greek culture and the dialect was very old. Emery was suspicious that the manuscript had been mis-shelved.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/3/2013, 12:31 am

I heard someone enter the library, pull out a book of some kind- old, from the sound of it- and then sit down I shifted the book to be in only one hand as I adjusted my wrist sheath to the primed position. It could now deploy the knife for me with a specific wrist movement. I moved my free hand to my cane, and started to walk around the library as I read, reading slower now to be able to pay better attention to my environment. From the sound of things, who ever had entered was very light, or at least adept at moving without placing too much weight in one area, as whoever it was made very little noise. I made no attempt at stealth, because I knew if I tried I'd end up being too loud and just look like a fool. I slowly walked towards the spot I'd heard the person sit down while reading.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/3/2013, 12:48 am

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery's bright green eyes were fixed on a specific word... What did it mean? Emerson stood abruptly and moved over to the another shelf. The old manuscript levitated itself off of the table and followed her. Emerson had telekinesis, a common gift among the children of Hecate. Her's wasn't as strong as most, like her brother, but her shifting was faster. Emery could half shift... that and she was a notorious flirt and a kissing bandit. Emery pulled a English to Greek dictionary off the shelf and opened it, searching for a word. Finding it she put the massive dictionary back and she picked the levitating manuscript out of the air, turning a crackling page slowly.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/3/2013, 12:58 am

Before I turned a corner, I heard the person get up for something. I peeked around the corner and saw the girl walking by a floating, old manuscript of some kind. She got a translator, translated whatever she needed, re-shelved it, and went back on to reading. i took a moment to look her over. Very small, but I could see hard lines of muscles. Her hands looked like they were used often to support weight, so perhaps she was a gymnast of some kind. I figured she was likely a Hecate child, since she seemed to some some kind of telekinetic powers. I switched my glasses to a clearer shade and a higher magnification, and started reading the paper along with her, from down the aisle. My brain, undeveloped as far as social customs go, did not perceive this as odd. Of course, if I were to pause and think on this later, I'd realize how strange my behavior could be.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/3/2013, 1:22 am

~Emerson Tyler~
The girl's brow furrowed and her lips moved soundlessly as she translated. Emery was pretty smart, not as smart as the Athena children, but smart enough to be considered above average. Emery's lips twitched with a wry smile as she closed the manuscript. It was an Epic that had been written long ago and the hero in the Epic seemed to be rather idiotic. She shelved the manuscript and moved to another part of the library, passing a boy with glasses, and picked up a battered copy of The Scarlet Pimpernel. She would have to check the book out of the library for she would not have time to read it here. Emery looked up and saw the boy with glasses and rather odd green eyes watching her, he seemed slightly bookish.
"Can I help you?" Emery asked, her tone slightly amused by the eyes that had been enlarged by his glasses. His behavior was slightly odd.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/3/2013, 1:27 am

Oh, she approached me, and I stopped paying attention to the book and to the fact that my glasses were so zoomed in when they focused in on her eyes. They were near the same as mine, yet slighter more. .human looking. I was focusing on her eyes so much that I barely noticed her speak. I blinked, and put my free hand up to my glasses, clicking one of the buttons on the side to transfer them to my normal prescription with perfectly clear glass. I smiled, and put the book under my arm which I was holding my cane with. I offered her my right hand, and said "Hello, my name is Kaladin." It was almost as if I was intentionally avoiding a question I didn't know how to answer, which was an awful thing to experience; not knowing how to answer something.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/3/2013, 1:55 am

~Emerson Tyler~
Emerson watched as the boy, Kaladin, reached up and adjusted his glasses. They made a slight noise as they swapped to his, what Emery guessed, was his regular prescription. She took his hand in a firm grip and shook it quickly. The gymnast had a good grip, she had lines of muscle on the back of her long legs and definition in her biceps.
"Emerson or Emery, depending on who you are," She said, letting go of his hand. Like most people here at camp, Emery's hands were callused from wielding a sword, hers more than others due to gym.
Kaladin's eyes were fascinating, but hidden mostly by glasses, as if remembering this she removed her reading glasses and slipped them into her pocket. The girl's hair was long and loose, it tumbled around her like a dark auburn waterfall.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/3/2013, 2:23 am

I smiled confidently and said, "Hello, Emery. " I put my book down on a nearby table and leaned against my cane casually. That was about the sum of my social confidence. I wanted to be able to make friends, but usually scholarly pursuits inhibited that. I did notice heavy calluses and a good grip on her hand, so I wondered briefly why she was in a library. On a typically, musculature was inversely related to intelligence. I had the oddest hope that this wasn't true in this case. It must have been the eyes that were drawing me in, but the action of removing her glasses seemed oddly tantalizing.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/3/2013, 7:08 pm

~Emerson Tyler~

Emery looked at the cane with mild interest and picked it up, then she slid the blade out.
"Nice," She slid it back in and leaned the cane sword back against the table.
"What make is it?" She placed her copy of her book on the table while pulling her binder out and looking at her school work. Emery was taking an online high school and she was about ready to finish up her senior year at age sixteen. Unfortunately that included writing a huge essay. A wall of dark auburn hair fell in between them like a sheet of water. Emery was trying her hardest not to flirt with the guy, what could she say Kaladin was attractive. Emery had a very nasty habit of flirting she had developed. It had gotten her into trouble most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/3/2013, 7:16 pm

I watched Emery carefully, moving my hand with the blade back in a fight-ready position. I figured she wouldn't attack me with my own weapon, but in this instance it was better to be safe than sorry. She put it back, and I almost missed her question. "It's made of ebony, with a celestial bronze blade." I said, unsure of exactly what she was asking. All of the sudden, her hair was covering her eyes, and I had the feeling of staring at a powerfully beautiful snake through a forest. Tempting to get closer, but full of venom and malice.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/3/2013, 7:32 pm

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery arched an eyebrow at the movement, "Jumpy today are we?"
Her lips twitched, as she looked up at Kaladin, he was staring at her again. She felt her cheeks redden and she made a note in her book before putting all of them away. She listened to him describe what the sword cane was made of before nodding.
"It is a very elegant weapon, who made it?"
She sat on the edge of the table, fixing him with her green eyes. They were slightly unnatural but that is what made them so enthralling. A pair of wide lips and massive eyes generally made a dangerous combination.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/3/2013, 8:06 pm

I smiled nervously when she made a comment about how jumpy I was, and my cheeks reddened slightly when she said my sword cane was elegant. "I made it." I said simply, and adjusted my position to face her better now that she was on the table. I had to focus on her eyes because I knew if I didn't, my eyes would wander down to her legs. I could tell, just from my periphery, that she had very nice legs, and I did not want to be caught gaping at them.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/3/2013, 8:34 pm

~Emerson Tyler~
"Did you?" Emery asked, crossing her long legs. If Kaladin was being distracted by them, her shorts were not helping, neither was the pair of flip flops she was wearing.
"You did a brilliant job with it," She flashed him a smile. "Personalty I do not have the patients to build such a work of art."
She picked up the cane and twirled in lightly in her fingers before putting it back down. Emery had a fascination with weapons and her shifting skills only helped her be much more terrifying. Emery had not tried snake fangs yet and she wondered briefly if they would be poisonous.

Last edited by Anime on 5/3/2013, 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/3/2013, 8:42 pm

I nodded, and my eyes shifted over to her legs when she crossed them. She took up my cane again and twirled it, and I watched it move through the air. I smiled awkwardly. "Well, I really like making thins. I've made my own glasses since I was rather young." I said, pushing my glasses up my nose afterwards. I clicked a side button again and turned them to reflective sunglasses, like from aviators. Now I could look wherever I wanted, and my eyes drifted lazily across her body.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/3/2013, 10:14 pm

~Emerson Tyler~

Emery sighed, "I break anything I try to make. So your talent is quite impressive to have."
The girl was unaware of Kaladin's eyes checking her over from head to toe, due to the reflective sunglasses.
"I am openly envying you," She said with a slight smile, her legs swung back and forth, barely brushing the surface of the carpet with the tips of her flip flops. Her palms were pressed against the wood of the table. Emery was leaning back slightly.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/3/2013, 10:55 pm

Oh, goodness. The physiological signs of attraction. I thanked the glasses for masking my dilated eyes. My respiration rate had increased, and I could feel my pulse beating quicker, like and ever-present drumming inside my mind. I made myself focus on her eyes again, but that did not help my pulse in slowing in the slightest. I smiled in embarrassment as my cheeks filled with colour. "Thank you. I've been told I make fantastic things." I muttered, and pulled up my right shirt sleeve, exposing my pale white arm. Attached to my wrist was my hidden blade, capable of being deployed in a moment's notice. "I make my own weapons." I said simply.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 2:59 am

~Emerson Tyler~

Emery leaned forward slightly to get a proper look.
"That is brilliant," she offered him a smile, her hair turning a different color momentarily. It was a bit startling for people who didn't know her well, the generally gaped at her head for a few seconds.
"How long does it take to make a weapon like that?"
Emery liked lots of things book, weapons, guys, and chocolate. She happened to know all of those topics pretty well, but life liked to throw the occasional curve ball at her. This attractive, bookish boy may be one of them.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 3:28 am

I was about to amswer her question, but I was caught off guard by her hair changing colour. I didn't catch what colour it changed to, but I was certain it had changed. I opened my mouth to comment on it, but closed it a second later. Maybe it was something she didn't like talking about. . What wqs the question again? Oh, right. I looked down at the hidden blade, thinking about how long it took to make. "The- the blade I made a long time ago, so I don't remember the specifics." I stuttered out, and took a breath. "The mechanism for it being able to lock in, then be able to shoot out and withdraw, took a while. I had tl make sure each piece worked perfectly with the others, and then added in small designs on the metal. It probably took me a few weeks." I said. I demonstrated how the blade worked with a flick of my wrist, extending it so that the end of the blade would stopan inch from her nose.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 2:34 pm

~Emerson Tyler~

Emery grinned slightly at Kaladin gaping at her hair changing color. At least, she thought it was her hair. Emery couldn't quite tell due to the reflective glasses, for all she knew he could be goggling at her legs. Her eyes focused on the blade and her dagger hidden in her pocket, several moment's later, Emery had snagged him by the wrist.
"And if you had attacked me, hypothetically, I would do this and try and impale you." She grinned, "But I think impaling people is frowned upon in the library."
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 2:41 pm

I touched my glasses with my free hand, and stared into her eyes. "I know of no reason to attack you. Not yet, at least." I said, then looked down at my wrist. "I can't withdraw the blade with you holding my wrist." I started to pull my arm away, gently. I did mention that I liked the contact, and if she knew anything about heart beats she may have not how quick mine was from her touch. In my eyes, I showed only confidence, but in my mind I was a scared little rabbit.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 3:21 pm

~Emerson Tyler~

Emery grinned and let go, sitting back on the table, stretching her legs.
"Well, that was what was going through my head," She cocked her head to the side, her hair turning slightly red. Her eyes were fixed on his, "it's generally a habit I have when there is a weapon pointed at me."
She studied his face a for a few moments before standing and pulling her bag over her shoulder. Emery started walking towards the door, pausing for a second to allow Kaladin to catch up.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 3:38 pm

I flicked my wrist again and the blade withdrew. I smiled thinly at her, and picked up my cane. Her hair was red now, and I wondered if that had been intentional. I watched her start to walk away, and saw her pause for me to catch up. I stayed where I was, confused. "Where are you going, and why do you expect me to follow you?" I asked, leaning against the table again. I honestly couldn't figure this out.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 4:04 pm

~Emerson Tyler~

"If you want to continue our conversation then, yes." She said coyly, flicking a strand of red brown hair over her shoulder. Dang, there she went again, with the flirting. It was a horrible habit. But She enjoyed flirting, that was the bad thing about it. Her flip flops slapped against the concrete and the sunlight hit her in the eyes.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 4:11 pm

I shrugged, and followed the girl. That hair flick had seemed oddly dramatic, and I wondered if it was some cue I was supposed to understand. I could deal with monsters and lost, little demi-gods perfectly, but women? Goodness, women were impossible. I didn't even know this girl and she was leading me off to Zeus-knows-where.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading more than books.
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next