Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reading more than books.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

Reading more than books. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/23/2013, 2:21 am

Right as I was starting to be angry at myself, i was pulled in for a kiss. I wasn't sure why, but I had a feeling it had something to do with my touching her wings. Perhaps they were sensitive. So rather than putting my arms around Emery's waist like I had previously, they went around her back and my hands gently glided over her wings, started where they met her back. I kissed her, too, trying to show her how sorry I was and how glad I was that she wasn't overwhelmingly aggravated at me.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

Location : If I told you? Well... that would be a big mess to clean up.

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/23/2013, 10:42 am

Reading more than books. - Page 7 Tumblr_ly65sjqpN31r89388o1_500
~Emerson Tyler~
Emery's wings trembled faintly under his touch, not in pain but in pleasure. The girl let few people touch her wings, Kaladin brought the total up to three. The kiss itself grew more heated and one of her hands tangled in his hair, she would have to end it soon or this could be a potentially dangerous situation.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/25/2013, 1:07 am

My hands moved towards Emery's back again, lightlly ruftling her feathers. She seemed to really like this, and I momentarily forgot about the fact that her wing was broken. I pulled her closer, her body pressing against mine as the kiss deepened. My mind was almost entirely blank, focusing on the curves of her body and the silky smoothness of her wings.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/25/2013, 2:11 am

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery let out a hiss of pain and ended the kiss, "Kaladin, we need to fix my wing."
The pain was building up and she could no longer ignore it. Were his fingers had brushed he had managed to raise goose flesh. She pulled away and offered him the crumpled one once more, hoping not to get distracted again. Her cheeks were slightly pink and Emery gritted her teeth, waiting for Kaladin to pull.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/25/2013, 2:44 am

I heard Emery's exhale of pain and stepped away from her quickly, thinking I had done something. It might not have been my fault directly at this moment, but her wing would be fine if I hadn't been an idiot. I dreaded causing her mkre pain, but knew it had to be done to heko her heal. I yanked her wing so it would pull out to retreat, then ran over to her, expecting her to fall or cry out in pain. I needed to apooogize in words, not just actions.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/25/2013, 1:12 pm

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery covered her mouth as pain ripped through her upper back, shoulders, and the crumpled wing. Only a small whimper of pain escaped from between her lips. The wings, like usual snapped open to their full wingspan. Emery rotated them before they shrank back into her shoulders, painfully. She waited a few seconds before hugging Kaladin. Within the last few minutes her hair had gone from the dark red, to white, before finally fading back to its auburn brown color. She buried her head into the side of his neck and held that position for a few minutes.
Finally, she pulled away slightly to look around and then look at his face,
"Where are we?" She asked, it was evident they were outside camp borders, and the pegasi had stop making noises. They seemed like they had vanished, to report them missing most likely.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/26/2013, 2:32 am

I didn't dare touch Emery for fear of upsetting the healing process, but as soon as she hugged me I held her in my arms gently, unsure of whether or not I would hurt her by holding her any tighter. I stood there with her silently, wanting to speak to apologize but not wanting to break the blissful silence. Kaladin looked about as well, and when Emery asked where they were, he started marking significant land features and comparing distances in his brain. Finally, he said, "We're about ten miles north of camp." That seemed like a far distance, but on a pegasus it was nothing. Speaking of. .both had flown off, leaving them here, alone.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/26/2013, 4:29 pm

Emery sighed, they were going to have to walk. Or find some other means of transport. Emery could only carry them so far.
"Thats going to take us awhile," She sighed, leaning back into Kaladin. Her cheek resting on his shoulder, her eyes were flicking around looking for predators. In the wild she was slightly jumpy, constantly taking precautions.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/27/2013, 1:05 am

I nodded, pulling her closer to me again. "I do believe there's a road near here, if you'd like to take it back. Or we can go a mile in the other direction to where there's a little town. " I said, referencing mental maps in my head, double-checking my directions as I said them. I saw Emery glancing around us, and my hand checked to make sure my sword was intact. It was, so I was reassured. I figured she would be able to give me adequate warning of any immediate threat.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/27/2013, 1:55 am

Emery gave him an uneasy look, she was pretty much weaponless except for the claws in her hands.
"Wouldn't it just be easier to walk back towards camp?" She asked in a quiet tone, tilting her head slightly so he could hear her better. Emery could feel the pulse of his heart through his cotton shirt.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/27/2013, 2:42 am

I shook my head. "We might be able to catch or call a cab from the town, and it's nine less miles to walk if we can. It's only two extra miles if it doesn't work out." He reasoned, and then looked into her eyes. There was uncertainty or fear there, and he frowned a bit for a moment. He felt the overpowering need to protect her, even though thus far she'd been protecting him. He hugged her tighter and kissed the top of her head.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/27/2013, 3:05 am

Emery buried her face in his chest, her heart beating frantically against her breastbone. Her hair had turned a few shades darker, barely noticeable. Emery was scared of few things but being uncertain was her biggest fear. Right now, that fear seemed to be overwhelming.
"Let's go then," The girl answered, pulling away slightly, taking a deep breath.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/27/2013, 3:43 am

I pulled Emery back up against me, and looked down at her. "Don't be scared, Emery. I'll be with you. " I said quietly, and gave her a quick hug. I hoped that would reassure her. I could feel that her pulse had quickened, and I thought I saw her hair change colour, but discounted it as a trick my eyes were playing. I didn't want her to be afraid of anything. "I know wherr I'm going and I know hiw to identify a threat in an urban setting. I'm used to fighting monsters in cities. We'll be fine." I said, and leaned closer and whispered, "You'll be fine."
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/27/2013, 1:42 pm

Emery allowed herself to be pulled back to him, wrapping her arms around the boy. Falling gratefully into his hug. Generally she wasn't so scared but he nearly died just now and- she shut her brain off at that point. No, she wasn't going to think about it.
She tilted her head up to look at him, "I trust you."
Emery did trust him. She was not lying about that.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/3/2013, 12:13 am

I kissed Emery's forehead lightly, hugged her q bit longer, and then let go. I checked that I had my sword on and that it was intact; it was. I switched my glasses to the ones that assisted me in seeing thriugh the Mist, and brought up a compass in one of the corners to allow me to see which direction we were facing more specifically. I swiveled my head a bit, pointing it to where we needed to go. "That way." I elaborated, and started walking. I had a mission now, and emotions were put to the background. Otherwise I probably would have thought to grab Emery's hand.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/3/2013, 12:55 am

Emery leaned against him for a minute or two before pulling away, she sighed before looking around before realizing Kaladin had changed his glasses. Her hair slowly faded back to it's original color. Quietly she trailed after the boy, watching him as he walked. Kaladin's long legs carried him over fallen trees while Emery had to jump over them. There were flaws to being a small human being.
While walking she winced in pain as muscles positioned underneath her skin, adjusting to whatever predator often traveled these paths. She guessed mountain lion. When her body was done she caught up to Kaladin with ease.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/4/2013, 8:57 pm

Kaladin could hear that Emery was struggling over some of the obstacles he cleared with ease and slowed his pace a bit. Then, suddenly, she got faster. It seemed as though her body had rearranged itself, and Kaladin looked at her thoughtfully, going back to his original pace. "How did you do that?" He asked, looking at her legs. They seemed to be shaped different, and he wondered if that was caused by whatever change she'd made. Given her ability to grow wings, he thought she might be able to change her body in other ways, so he simply asked/. "Did you just rearrange your muscles?"
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/6/2013, 9:32 pm

Emery looked over her shoulder and grinned, "Yeah I did. These are mountain lion muscles I believe." She paused for a brief moment examining them. "It's going to be extremely painful to put them back though."
She shrugged and bounded ahead a few feet before scampering up a tree, testing the new muscle. Emery came back and fell into step next to Kaladin, her eyes moving around everywere.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/7/2013, 10:13 pm

I watched with intrigue as she sped off in front of me, moving with incredible finesse yet with an underlying raw strength that surpassed typical human possibility. I tapped the side of my glasses to bring up a map. "It's about a half mile of forest before we reach the road, and then continue on it until we get to the town. "
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/8/2013, 2:46 pm

Emery smiled at Kaladin tapping at his glasses, she could understand why a person could be attached to them so easily. As long as they didn't have x-ray vision she think she would be okay.
"Ok then," She said, looking up at the sky. She was still exhausted from catching Kaladin from falling off the Pegasi. Emery closed her eyes briefly, listening... the birds chirped and squirrels chattered showing no signs of predators....
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/9/2013, 5:47 am

The brevity and maneurisms with which Emery was presenting herself gave Kaladin the impressiong that she wasn't quite happy. Rather than comment on the fact, he merely continued walking, scanning the forest around him as they walked. He occasionally changed his glasses to include thermal signatures, just to be sure. Nothing that seemed dangerous was anywhere close, so after a bit he stopped checking.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/11/2013, 10:45 pm

Emery relaxed eventually and fell into step close behind him, her dark brown hair fell into her eyes and obscured most of her vision. She bumped into him once and mumbled a faint apology.
"Sorry," She said, her eyes looking up at him through her hair. Her senses were turned all the way up so she was going a little slower than usual and not so aware of her surrounding elements.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/17/2013, 7:37 am

Kaladin looked over at Emery, momentarily confused by her apology. He'd been so attuned to his surroundings that he'd almost forgotten about their previous exchange. After a few moments, he asked, Sorry for what, exactly?" Though he felt it was for her detection of his thoughts, he couldn't be sure until specifically told so. He tried to catch her eye, but found it difficult as her hair was blocking his view.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/18/2013, 12:49 am

"Being a less than satisfactory traveling companion, I get kind of cranky when tired." Emery sighed, shaking her head. Impatiently she shoved her bangs out of her face. Emery's bright green eyes looked up at him. Her feet moved one in front of the other, she jumped on top of a fallen log and looked around at the forrest.
"I suppose this place is rather pretty."
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime6/18/2013, 1:15 am

"You're far from unsatisfactory, Emery," Kaladin replied, and could suddenly see her eyes; he looked into them when he said, "Emery, you saved my life. You have plenty of room to get a little angry." He moved a little closer to her as they walked, and nodded when she called the area pretty. It certainly was. He thought of saying something along the lines of 'Not as pretty as you,' but thought that'd be a bit too cheesy. Instead, he just remained silent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading more than books.
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next