Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reading more than books.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

Location : If I told you? Well... that would be a big mess to clean up.

Reading more than books. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/12/2013, 12:58 am

Reading more than books. - Page 6 Tumblr_ly65sjqpN31r89388o1_500
~Emerson Tyler~

"It was more of a, you have got to be kidding me ending that was very predictable."
Emery smiled, leaning her head back against the bark. She watched Kaladin out of the corner of her eye. He was an attractive boy and it was an endearing sight to see his' glasses perched crookedly on his nose. She leaned over and straightened them.
"I personally prefer a book that makes you think."
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/12/2013, 1:12 am

I smiled. I knew exactly what she was talking about, and found that oddly enjoyable. It was like she was reflecting my thoughts. At first, when she reached for my glasses, I moved away, tipping my balance on the tree limb. I caught my self, and realized she was just adjusting my glasses, and let her. I had completely missed whatever she'd been saying, though. "I'm sorry. .I . .didn't hear you. . What?" I muttered, looking away and pushing my glasses further up my nose. The touching and fixing of them was cute and all, but I just didn't like people touching my glasses, as I was so generally incapable without them.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/13/2013, 7:20 pm

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery muttered a fain apology at his flailing as she slid out of the tree. She took her bowl over to the stack of utensils that were dirty before coming back over to the tree and picking up her bag. She had snagged a slice of cake off of the table and she was now nibbling on it while waiting for Kaladin.
"What do you want to do today?" She asked, her green eyes blinking up at him.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/13/2013, 8:11 pm

I dropped down from the tree and dropped my plate onto a table to be taken care of. I filled my goblet with milk, drank it, and then placed it on the table as well. walked up to Emery and looked down into her pretty green eyes. "I don't really care, as long as I can be around you." I said honestly.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/13/2013, 9:47 pm

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery was looking at his eyes before she took in his entire face, not paying attention to the gushy romanticism he was spouting. Her eyes were occupied by staring at his mouth, or rather the milk mustache around his mouth. She busted up into giggles and pointed at her own mouth, handing him a napkin off the table.
"You may want to get that." She said through her laughter.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/13/2013, 10:25 pm

I blushed, and took the napkin from Emery and wiped my mouth. i had a feeling she'd completely missed what I'd said, but didn't bother repeating it. When i looked back at her, I found my eyes drifting between her eyes and her mouth. Her eyes, so taunting and beckoning. .and her lips. .Well. .
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/13/2013, 10:38 pm

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery managed to stop laughing and she gave him a wan smile, "It's good you're cute, or I would tease you about the mustache."
She caught him staring at her mouth and she flushed faintly, her hair turning faintly red.
"Come on Casanova," She said taking his hand, leading him out of the dining hall. "I wanna go see the Pegasi."
Emery and Kaladin made there way into the stables, which happened to be empty.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/13/2013, 10:59 pm

I blushed at the word "cute." I was hopelessly embarassable. Then she called me Casanova, and I was just dying of embarrassment. She said something about pegasi, and I just kind of mindlessly followed her. I looked around at all the steeds, and was trying to remember which ones I'd ridden before. I didn't recognize any of the ones here, and wondered how long it'd been since I'd ridden the pegasi. I looked over at Emery. "Do you ride?" I asked
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/14/2013, 9:33 pm

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery grinned at his facial expression and elbowed him playfully. She wished she had a camera to catch his look of embarrassment that was clearly written all over his face.
"No, I generally don't. With my... gifts... and all." She said hesitantly. Emery let go of his hand and stroked the soft muzzle of the pegasi, like warm velvet underneath her fingers. The horse's lips nibbled at the edge of her shirt.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/14/2013, 9:50 pm

I nodded. That made sense. If she could fly, there'd be no point in her riding a horse that could fly. I saw the horse nibbling at her shirt, and laughed a little. "Do you taste good today?" I asked teasingly. I didn't even think about how potentially weird it sounded.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/15/2013, 1:38 am

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery rolled her eyes as the pegasi tugged its head up trying to escape with the shirt.
"Oi!" She wrestled with the horse like animal for a few seconds before escaping out of horse's reach.
"Well that was an adventure," Emery said, flashing him a teasing grin. She was pretty sure he had gotten a glimpse of her muscled core called the stomach, as long as he didn't ogle it she didn't particularly care. "Come on," she picked up a saddle, "Lets ride, cowboy."
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/15/2013, 2:43 am

I was looking up at Emery's face when the pegasus tried to rip her shirt up and off. I stepped forward to hold it down for her, but my hands stopped a few inches away when I realized what I might end up grabbing. I put my hands to my side and looked away, but as I did I got a glimpse at her core. My cheeks lit on fire, and when she spoke again I turned to look at her, cheeks still aflame."Um. .do you intend to ride one pegasus together or two of them?" I asked tentatively. I wasn't really sure, and didn't want to just assume.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/16/2013, 1:54 am

~Emerson Tyler~
"Lets try two," She answered giving Kaladin an apologetic look before stepping into one of the stalls and saddling one of the Pegasi in the stable. Her cheek pressed against the soft flank of the creature as she reached under to tighten the girth. Done saddling she looked over to see if he needed help with all the straps as she picked a bridle off the wall.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/16/2013, 2:24 am

I went uo to one of the pegasi and pet his snout a little, trying to establish friendliness. I then saddled him, adjusting all the straps to fit correctly with a meticulous eye. When I was done, I hopped up and into the saddle, and looked over at Emery, smiling. I wondered if she'd been watching me work, as I very well may have taken an excessive amount of time checking over everything. If so, that would be mildly embarrassing. I gestured towards the door with my head, indicating that we could go on and out.

OOC:In case you can't tell I have no idea how to saddle a horse and such but Kaladin does XD
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/17/2013, 1:45 am

Emery flashed a smile at him when their eyes met before turning back to her pegasus. She placed her left foot in the stirrup before swinging her right leg over, gripping the saddle horn in her left hand. She adjusted herself so she was comfortable and waited for Kaladin to get on, holding the reins in one hand.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/18/2013, 5:09 pm

I smiled at Emery and took the reins in hand, leading the pegasus out of the stables and into the open. As soon as we were out of the stables, it seemed to get energized, and instantly took off running. Not worrying about assuming dominance, I let it take over and soon we were in the air, a certain sense of gravity leaving me as we pushed up into the sky.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/18/2013, 11:24 pm

~Emerson Tyler~
The pegasus moved like a rickety rocking chair beneath her, a gentle comfortable swaying motion. Then the double doors opened wide and the horse like creature started running. A wingspan of about a hundred feet opened up and suddenly they were in the air. The rocking sensation hadn't stopped but it was fantastic. It was a feeling of weightlessness that was at the top of a flying arc was there. Emery dropped the reins and threw her arms up, hanging on by her legs. Her hair turned solid gold as she looked around.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/19/2013, 12:42 am

My pegasus started swooping around emery and her pegasus, and I looked over at her when we were level and saw her arms up in the air, and her hair shimmering purely gold. It must have been happiness or excitement, I decided, and couldn't help but smiling and laughing. Her joy was infectious, even when separated by the vast expanse that the pegasi's wings accounted for. Soon, my arms were up in the air as well, and I closed my eyes and just felt it all; the wind, the weightlessness, the adrenaline coursing through my veins.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/19/2013, 2:36 am

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery flashed a grin at Kaladin, and she leaned back, propping her elbows up on her saddle, enjoying the ride as it went. The sky was beautiful, multiple different shades of blue and a few lines of pink. It was a fantastic ride, not as good as flying around by yourself but it was brilliant nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/19/2013, 4:33 pm

Feeling rather confident in my balancing abilities, I got my feet up onto the saddle and perched on it, slowly standing up. The pegasus looked back and seemed to recognize that I was being insane, and steadied out its flight more. I laughed and let my arms go out parallel to the ground, and looked down to one side. This was pure adrenaline at this point, and I knew that I was very content. I looked over at Emery and waved. However, at that moment, there was some shift in the wind that made the pegasus wobble a bit, and I wasn't steady due to my waving. I slid off the pegasus, and started free-falling. i instantly calculated the distance we were from the ground, the acceleration I would be experiencing, and how long it would take for me to hit the ground. The result was not anything happy. I could see the pegasus turning to try to get me, but knew it would be very, very unlikely that it would catch me if it had never done this before. I realized that my mindless stupidity had likely just gotten me killed, and closed my eyes to await my fate.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/20/2013, 11:18 pm

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery watched in horror as Kaladin fell in slow motion. Then Emery dove off of the saddle, causing her pegasus to shriek. SHe probably had about fifteen seconds before they both hit the ground. She grabbed Kaladin around the chest and yelled in pain as her white and caramel wings burst forth, spraying flecks of blood into the air. They slowed the descent so it wasn't a lethal fall but they still hit the ground with a crash and a sickening crunch. Emery moaned in pain and she squirmed out from underneath Kaladin. Her right wing was crumpled at a the tip and looked slightly crooked. Her eyes were shut and she was breathing heavily, her chest rising and falling quickly as she attempted to suck in air. She had managed to get the wind knocked out of her and her wing may be broken.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/22/2013, 12:12 am

Not even a second after I had closed my eyes, I felt a sudden jerking upwards and though that I had hit, but was surprised at how I felt little pain other than where my shoulders were being yanked up. I opened my eyes and my vision was filled with brown and gold. I saw a beautiful face etched in horrendous pain, and realized that Emery had dived off her pegasus, grown wings, and caught me. I was astounded. Then I realized we were still falling. .her lift wasn't enough with my added weight. We wouldn't break any bones, but it would still be a painful fall. I braced myself for impact just in time, but stell yelped when we hit the ground. I hear some kind of awful snapping noise, and instantly stood up. I fell over right away, though, as my body wasn't ready for standing. I looked at Emery and gasped. It looked like she couldn't breath, and I thought she might have broken a rib that had punctured her lung. Before rushing to conclusions, I waited a second. I noticed that one of her wings was bent at the end, and realized she had broken it. I searched in my pocket and found the little container I kept ambrosia in, fishing a piece out and going to Emery, trying to get her to focus on the ambrosia. "You need to eat some ambrosia. " I said clearly, in case she was having problems understanding me. I had no idea how much pain she must be in. All I had was a nasty knot in my back, and aching shoulders. It must have. .she saved my life. .
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/22/2013, 2:37 am

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery finally managed to draw air into her lungs and her pale face flooded with color. Her eyes focused on Kaladin's face and she realized he was holding something out to her, it took her awhile to focus on it. It turned out to be some Ambrosia, she shook her head weakly, "I can't. I don't think i will be able to eat anything for a while." She sat up, her non injured wing curling up to sit against her skin. "I need you to grab my hurt wing and pull out," she instructed him. Emery winced, remembering the pain she had been in last time. Her feathers were soft and somewhat slippery under normal people's hands. The sooner he pulled on the wing the sooner it would realign and heal itself through her powers.
"It's going to hurt me," She said, standing slowly to avoid a head rush. She offered the hurt wing to him, "You're going to need to find a good grip."
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/22/2013, 3:47 am

I obviously had no idea how the physics of her transformations worked. I helped her stand up, confused. It was an odd feeling, confusion. I didn't feel it often in my life except when around humans, particularly women. Grab her wing? Hurt her? I bit my lip. "Why do I have to do that? Does it have to be fully fleshed out to... disappear again?" I asked, fumbling over my words a bit. I'd moved to the edge of the wing, and my fingers had laid down on the wing very gently. It was the softest thing I'd ever felt. More silky than anything I thought possible. And even though the colours were so simple, they were just so. .beautiful. I must have developed some kind of dreamy look on my face just thinking about it. Then I remembered that Emery was in, and was about to be in, pain. Pain that I'd stupidly caused.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/23/2013, 1:29 am

~Emerson Tyler~
"My bones need to realign so they will heal, pretty much instantly," Emery said, pulling her hair to the side, "It is just going to hurt."
Then his fingers brushed her feathers and it was a shock to her system, her thin skin that held the feathers tingled in pleasure. She half closed her eyes, enjoying the sensation of his fingers. Just as it felt good for a person to brush another person's long hair it felt even better to have fingers run through her feathers. Emery came back into her right mind when his hands stopped moving, she turned slowly to face him. She wasn't quite sure what had happened, all she knew was she was kissing him. Emery's arms slid around his neck, this kiss was the demanding kind, unlike the last ones which had been tentative, Saying, 'your an idiot but i'm glad you're not dead.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading more than books.
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next