Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reading more than books.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

Reading more than books. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/18/2013, 6:54 am

Kaladin saw that Emery had fallen asleep, and was faced with a decision. He'd known Emery for two days now, but they'd gotten pretty close. They'd kissed and he'd carried her around. Much like entering a house without permission, he woukd have preferred to ask her if he was allowed to enter her bed. What decided it for him-whether he would sleep in the same bed or nit- was Emery's face. She looked so at peace, so calm, and so absolutely adorable that Kaladin couldn't bear to move ant further from her. If there were any lights on, he turned them off. He took his sword and laid it down next to the bed, and laid down next to Emery. If he had to, he could apologize in the morning. He kissed Emery's forehead gently, and whispered, "Goodnight, Emery. " Then Kaladin put an arm across her belly and fell asleep with a girl in his arm for the first tine.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

Location : If I told you? Well... that would be a big mess to clean up.

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/18/2013, 7:51 pm

Emery rolled over and snuggled into Kaladin's chest in her sleep, as if acknowledging his presents in her bed.  When morning rolled around, the sleepy girl was aware of heat against her face. Opening her eyes she looked up at saw Kaladin, his arm wrapped around her while her cheek was pressed against his chest.She could feel the steady thrum of his heart through the thin fabric of his shirt. If Emery had wanted to she could have reached over and traced the muscle in his jaw and neck as he slept, but she resisted the temptation. Instead she closed her eyes again, trying to go back to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/18/2013, 7:59 pm

Kaladin slept thriugh the night, and in the morning he woke uo a few minutes after Emery's first awakening. While he had been rather active the previous day, he didn't have any woubds to recover from. Before even opening his eyes, he thought about this. He felt at least mildly guilty that Emery had gotten hurt. He wanted to be her heroic savior and protector, but it was obvious that she was better at the role. He was grateful to be so close to a girl so strong, both mentally and physically. When he finally woke up, he was smiling because he remembered he was quite close to this girl; her head was up against his chest and his arm was around her. What a good morning already.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/18/2013, 10:39 pm

Emery was unable to get back to sleep so she opened her eyes when she felt Kaladin shift beneath her.
"Morning," She yawned, tilting her head up to get a proper look at him and his messed up bed head. Emery reached up and ran a hand through it, affectionately before lowering her hand. Emery was rather snugly in the mornings
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/18/2013, 11:08 pm

"Good morning, Emery." Kaladin said softly. Well, not as soft as he had hooed; his voice was a little hoarse the way it always was in the morning, sounding like he as a little sick. Within a few minutes it would be back to normal, he knew. He smiled as her hand ran through his messy hair, and he moved his other arms around her, pulking her nice and close. There was much less awkwardness to Kaladin's nature before his brain really started going in the morning, making him more confident. "It's incredible that you look so beautiful in the morning." He muttered, staring at her face.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/19/2013, 10:07 am

Emery was pulled up higher onto Kal's body, his arms wrapped around her waist. 
"I am not sure if I believe you on that part," she grinned, kissing him for a few moments before pulling away. 
"But I suppose its the thought that counts."

Emerys rib cage twinged as she shifted her weight slightly but she didn't show the pain at all.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/19/2013, 12:31 pm

Kaladin kaughed and kissed her. He figured there'd be no convincing her of how beautiful she was, so he wasn't going to press it. Instead, he just enjoyed his time with her, looking into her eyes. He moved one of his hands uo to her hair, gently running his fingers through her hair and untangling any knots that got in his way. "What's today going to be, then? More saving my life, or are you going to take a day off?" He asked, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/20/2013, 2:08 am

Emery grinned slightly, closing her eyes at the sensation. If she were a cat, she would be purring. Feeling someone play with her hair was the best feeling ever according to her. 
"Ung... if there was such thing as taking a day off from being a Demigod, I would take a permanent vacation."
Lazy day was out of the question as Emery had a gym meet coming up in a few days, so groaned and rolled off Kaladin, laying next to him for a few moments. 
"I don't wanna go to practice." She ran her fingers over her face.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/20/2013, 2:26 am

]Kaladin rolled his head over and looked at Emery. Taking a day off of being a demigod would be nice if it was feasible, but Kaladin felt a certain obligation to kill as many monsters as possible. It would decrease the chance of others dying, hopefully. Taking a day of her gymnastics was something Kaladin couldn't emulate with Emery, though. He didn't personally know what that was like. "Well, do you need to go?" He asked. He did know hiw it felt to be with her now, and he didn't want that to end. This was nice.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/21/2013, 1:04 am

Emery nodded, running her fingers through her hair.
"Unfortunately I do, I have a meet on Saturday," She sat up and leaned against the wall, sighing again. Her stomach still ached, throbbing slightly from the twin cuts running over her ribcage. She lifted her shirt slightly to investigate how the cuts looked that morning. They had scabbed over and were clearly starting to heal.
"Could be worse," She stated, dropping the fabric.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/21/2013, 1:15 am

Kaladin looked at the cuts. The scabbing was a good sign, but with such big cuts didn't look that great. He saw no signs of infection, which was good. He put his hand gently onto Emery's stomach when she let hrr shirt fall back down, and said, "I'm sorry. I should have kept it from hurting you." He still felt guilty over her having to save him so much yesterday,and didn't know what to do. Apologize seemed like the best bet, so he did that.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/21/2013, 1:45 am

Emery leaned back into Kaladin's chest, resting her hands on top of his and smiling slightly.
"It was my fault, I did jump on it like a mad woman."
She tilted her head back to see his face properly, her stomach warm from his hands. She traced patterns on the backs of his hands and arms so her ADD didn't act up. She managed to pay attention better when her hands were busy or when she felt slightly tired.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/21/2013, 1:57 am

Kaladin couldn't help but crack a smile. He was tempted to slide his hands under Emery's shirt, maybe go... further... but he decided not to. Instead he just keot looking into her eyes. It was the easiest focal point that wasn't too distracting or perverted, and they were so Gods darned pretty. He liked the feel of her fingers drawing designs on his skin, and he just couldn't get enough of her spunk about life. He was tempted to ask her random questions just to be delighted in her answers. Of course, the one he most wanted to ask wasn't random. "What about when I fell off the pegasus?" He asked. Almost in a trance, he moved his hands up to where her wings sprouted from, tracing the lines where they'd disappeared. He could remember the soft, silky texture, and the way his touching them had made her so... he didn't know what the word was. Excitable? Lustful? Enamored? Horny? No, that was a bit extreme...
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/21/2013, 1:54 pm

Emery snorted a little bit, "That was your own fault. I would have saved you anyways if I didn't know you." 

Her voice gentled a bit at the end, then she noticed his hands were moving up to the scars on her shoulder blades. When Kaladin caressed them it sent a shiver down her spine. He seemed to be remembering the wings and the effect they had on the both of them. It had put emery into some sort of romantic trance, she wasn't so sure about the effect on him. 
Eventually the repetitive tracing caused her skin to go numb in that area, her skin rippled and the fabric ripped as the wings sprouted from her shoulders.

"Now look what you did," She stated sleepily, bowing her head forward as Kaladin ran his fingers over the feathers. Her skin tingled, Emery didn't transform on purpose either.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/21/2013, 2:03 pm

Kaladin jumped a bit when, all of the sudden, Emery's wings were there. His fingers found her feathers before he even knew what was happening, and he looked at her again. He smiled. "I'm not falling from the sky, Emery." He said, and leaned closer. It was probably the cheesiest thing ever, but he said, "I'm just falling for you." He closed the remaining distance between them and kissed her gently.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/21/2013, 2:23 pm

Emery twisted around and was about to make a comment about the cheesiness of that pick up line when his mouth closed over hers. Her arms snuck up around his neck and she seemed to melt into his kiss as it steadily picked up heat. Emery's left hand tangled up into his hair as her lips parted under his kiss, her heart beating a rapid tattoo against her chest.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/21/2013, 2:31 pm

Kaladin felt his heart beat rise with positive correlation to the heat of the kissing. His hands found the thin aviary bones on the top of Emery's wings and rested there, so that he was gently holding her wings. He moved as close up against Emery as he could. He really didn't want her to leave for some practice. She should just.... stay here, with him.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/21/2013, 2:41 pm

Emery was pulled closer and closer, right up until she was pulled up against him. She could feel every curve and muscle of his body and her brain was slowly turning into mush. Emery was just about ready to give into Kaladin, the kiss became more fervent... her mind went blank...
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/21/2013, 2:48 pm

Kaladin's hands went down the back of Emery's wings, and he could feel the soft, downy texture of each one. His brain had almost conpletely shut off, and was focused much more on Emery alone than anything around them. He could feel her heart, her breath, her body, all within inches of his own.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/21/2013, 4:24 pm

Emery slowly came up for air, her chest heaving slightly. Looking intently at Kaladin again before she was pulled in again. 
Then the alarm on her cell phone blared causing her to jump violently and her eyes widened, picking up the device.
"Shoot! I'm late for practice!" 
Her wings snapped back up into her back and Emery rolled out of the bed, picking up her gym bag. Emery shot Kaladin a smile before flipping her head over and gathering her hair into a ponytail.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/21/2013, 4:40 pm

Kaladin was just about ready to kiss Ekery some more when the alarm went off. He jumped a bit, and frowned. Emery got up and her wings snapped away. Apparently, she still had to go to practice. Dang. Kaladin wondered if he should go with her, but he was really hungry. He got out of the bed and stood, stretching a little. "I'm gonna go get breakfast, then I'll go watch when I'm done. Do you want me to bring you food?" He asked, looking over at her.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/21/2013, 6:01 pm

Emery flashed him a smile again, flipping her head back over and tying the ponytail. 
"That would be great," Emery had been a little too distracted by Kaladin to think about food. She blushed faintly when her brain flashed back to the kiss, it had been borderlining dangerous activity. But she had been too wrapped up in the heat of the moment to realize. 
Pulling her bag over her shoulder she gave him a kiss.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/21/2013, 6:40 pm

Kaladin smiled back at her and kissed her when she kissed him. "Good... practice. Or uh good luck. Good... Good..." He stammered and gave up. He wasn't sure what to say so he just kind of waved at her. Obviously, he wanted her to stay; he had felt like they were getting closer. Especially romantically, but also emotionally. Maybe after her practice, things would pick up where they'd just left off. Kaladin still wasn't sure if the wing thing had been intentional or not...
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/21/2013, 7:20 pm

Emery smiled at him, "See you at the gym then."
Then she sashayed out the door. She felt somewhat pleased with herself for making Kaladin go all tongue tied.  
At the gym she hurried and changed into her work out tank top and shorts, as well as her grips. After a brief warm up of push ups and tumbling, Emery moved to the bars, flipping back and forth between the two.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime9/21/2013, 7:57 pm

After a few moments,Kaladin realized he'd just been staring at the spot where Emery had been. He shook his he to try to get the image of her, winged and all, out of his mind. It was, he soon found, impossible. He sighed and gor his shoes on and left the cabin, heading towards the mess hall. He loaded a plate up with eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns. He sat down and enjoyed his breakfast, taking his time. Logically, it wouldn't make sense for him to spend all his time with Emery; there was plenty else that he could be doing, like reading up on battle strategies or trying to create new lenses. This was stuff that Kaladin had always enjoyed doing. Now that he was... was her Emery's boyfriend? Yes, probably. Regardless, he found that he was pushing academia to the side to spend his time with Emery. He felt almost no regret. All this he pondered while he qte, chewing thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading more than books.
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next