Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Welcome to CHB! Follow the rules, have fun, and don't die, kids.
Half Blood Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Mania

A Percy Jackson Roleplay Site

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reading more than books.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

Location : If I told you? Well... that would be a big mess to clean up.

Reading more than books. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 12:46 am

Reading more than books. - Page 4 Tumblr_me5uhyBXGi1rrn9k9o1_500
~Emerson Tyler~

"You can meet me back at my cabin, Hecate." Emery smiled at him before walking off to locker rooms. She used the showers briefly before changing into her change of clothes she had hauled to the gym. The shirt was v-neck and a pale shade of blue, faded jeans, and converse. When she got back to her cabin, she opened her book, flopping stomach down on her bunk. Her bag sat at the edge of the bunk, Emerson's green eyes were riveted on the page before her.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 1:05 am

I left from the gymnasium place and went into my cabin, dodging through all the various papers strewn about. I found my satchel full of random metal pieces, and grabbed my half-finished pocket watch from beside my bed. I walked out and sat on the steps, tinkering with it for about twenty minutes. I could tell the time from the already finished second hand, and Got up and went to the Hecate cabin. I looked around until I found the girl with the pretty green eyes. I looked at her and a grin spread across my face.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 1:17 am

~Emerson Tyler~

Emery sat oblivious on her bed, completely enthralled in her book, her shoes kicked up behind her head.
The book was called, 'The Serpent's Shadow,' by Rick Riordan. Occasionally her lips would curve up onto a quite smile. Her fingers drummed against the comforter as she turned the page. Her chin was propped up on her hand.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 1:25 am

I kept smiling, and had to put a hand on my mouth to suppress my laugh. She was so involved in her book that she didn't even notice me. I looked down at the pocketwatch in my hands and did a few minor adjustments, fixing the hour and minute hands and closing the case. I put it in my pocket before walking over to Emery's bunk. I wasn't sure what to do, so I just stood there.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 1:38 am

~Emerson Tyler~

Something caught Emery's eye and she stopped reading. Her eyes focusing on the edge of Kaladin's pants and they traveled up to his face.
"Oh, Hello." She said, closing her book and rolling onto her side to get a better view of him. "Why didn't you say something earlier?"
Emery slid over to the side to make room for him on the bed and placed her book on the bedside table. Then her green eyes returned to his face.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 1:51 am

I shrugged. "I was finishing my pocket watch." I said, and sat down next to her. I put my satchel down by her bed with a significant thud, and scooted a little closer to her. I could tell she'd showered just from the smell. I wasn't thinking well enough to identify the scent. My mind was more focused on her, and how damn pretty she was.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 2:04 am

~Emerson Tyler~

Emery pushed herself up into a sitting position, her slightly damp hair falling down into her face. Emery smelled of watermelon and vanilla at the moment, she smell of her shampoo and body wash.
"Pocket Watch?" She asked, arching an eyebrow. "Can I see?"
Her eyes looked at his face, appearing to be very interested in the pocket watch. She did indeed find such an object very fascinating, she wondered what kind it was.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 2:19 am

Vanilla. i loved the smell of vanilla. That's what she smelled like! Vanilla. Oh, right. Pocket watch. I pulled the watch out of my pocket and showed her. "See, it's. .really hard to explain. .but there are a bunch of little gears that turn to keep each hand turning at the precise interval." I said softly. "I've been making watches since I was little, too."
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 2:33 am

Reading more than books. - Page 4 Tumblr_ly65sjqpN31r89388o1_500
~Emerson Tyler~
Emery picked up the pocket watch in her hands, handling it like it was some frail flower.
She opened the little door slowly and looked at all the gears, tracing them with her nail. The gears were indeed tiny and a few of them looked sharp edged.
"This is fascinating," Indeed it was, Emery could look at something like this all day and never be bored. She looked over and smiled at Kaladin.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 2:41 am

I smiled. "I love being able to fit all the pieces together to make one, elaborate whole. This has taken me several hours to complete." I said softly, and took it from her hand gently. I closed it, and pulled an engraving needle from my bag. On a small empty space in the middle of all the designs I'd already carved, I drew K+E with a heart around it. I put the watch in her hand and closed her fingers around it. I didn't know if that which a giant step. I didn't really care. It was the heat of the moment, and the moment said carpe diem.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 2:52 am

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery's cheeks flushed as her fingers closed around the watch, her hair responded by turning a faint shade of red but streaked with gold.
"Thank you Kaladin," She said softly, she could feel the small device ticking in her palm, almost like a small heart. She tilted her face towards him and kissed him lightly.
"It is a very beautiful piece."
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 2:59 am

I nodded in response to the thank you, and kissed her back. A beautiful piece? I liked the way she worded that. "Beautiful piece for a beautiful girl." I said softly. Goodness I had met this girl hours ago. I had to. .pace myself or something. I didn't really want to try to stop it, either. And whenever I was with her, my brain just decide that logic was largely out of the question. Me, the scientist, the lonely clock maker, involved with a pretty little gymnast girl who could grow wings, kill monsters, and then settle down and read a book. And her changing hair! Goodness, it was beautiful. It was red with gold now, and I smiled and gently picked up a lock of the gold. "Incredible." I whispered.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 7:25 pm

~Emerson Tyler~

Emery blushed faintly, "Thanks."
The color of gold meant happy and at the moment she was very happy. Kaladin's fingers brushed the side of her face slightly as he went to pick up a strand of the metallic colored hair. Her eyes flicked back from his fingers to his face, her eyes tracing the distinct grooves of his cheek bones, forehead, ears, and lips before finally taking in his entire face.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 7:49 pm

I let the lock of hair fall out of my hand as my eyes fell on her face. My lips seemed to be longing for hers, but I didn't want to kiss her again in case that was moving too fast. If she didn't mind, maybe she would give me a sign or something. Maybe that was too optimistic. Maybe she'd just kiss me. I'd certainly like that. .Oh, goodness, my thoughts were going everywhere. I just looked up into her eyes and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 8:41 pm

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery smiled again and looked down. Kissing him was a nice thought and it lingered in the front of her brain. She bit her lip and looked down before getting off the bed, she had already kissed him twice within meeting him these last few hours. Emery leaned against the wall, still watching him. Her eyes still lingering on his face. On a whim she picked up her pillow and chucked it at his head.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 8:56 pm

I kept smiling until she stood up, and then I just got confused. What was she doing? She was just. .leaning against the wall. I saw her reach for her pillow, and my hands instinctively covered my face. I'd always had incredibly quick reflexes when it came to my glasses. I was practically useless without them, and they were very timely to make with all of the features I'd added in. The pillow bounced off my hands, and I laughed and picked it up, throwing it right back at her.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 9:19 pm

~Emerson Tyler~

Emerson caught the pillow expertly, wielding it like a weapon.
"Surrender!" She demanded, "winner gets a kiss," She said naughtily.
She chucked the pillow at him again. Lighter than she had originally because of his glasses, she didn't want to be the cause of Kaladin going blind.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 9:28 pm

I rolled over backwards and landed on my feet on the other side of her bed. I grabbed the pillow from where it was on the bed and held it out of her eyesight. "I'm never going to surrender." I said, smiling. "Guess I'll be getting a kiss." I said determinedly, and started running away from her, back towards the back of her cabin. I wanted her to kiss me, so I wasn't about to give up.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 9:48 pm

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery chased after him, vaulting over a desk without disrupting any of the items on it.
She crept around a corner, looking for the boy. She was determined not to loose, she wanted a kiss.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 9:52 pm

I smiled a bit too malevolently and turned my glasses to thermal. Not wanting too much of a disadvantage, I announced, "I turned my glasses to thermal now, so I can see where you are." I moved the opposite direction of where she was, hoping she wouldn't be too angered by my "cheating."
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 10:20 pm

~Emerson Tyler~
"Cheater pants," The girl muttered under her breath, slinking behind him. She tackled him around the waist. This situation could either be good or bad for her, Kaladin could hold her prisoner or Emery would win by knocking Kaladin to the floor and sitting on his chest. Either way she'd get a kiss.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 10:26 pm

Okay, this girl was super fast and quiet. It must have been all of that gymanstics, but I lost her within a few seconds, and then suddenly heard a noise behind me, then a sudden impact. She'd tackled me from behind! I quickly adjusted the pillow to be between me and the floor, and as soon as I hit I started to scramble forward before she could pin me down.
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 10:37 pm

~Emerson Tyler~
Emerson pinned him by straddling on his chest. She with ease trapped his wrists above his head and she prodded his ribs lightly, tickling him lightly.
"Surrender?" She asked him, wiggling her fingers threateningly under his nose. If he surrendered she would let him up if not, she would tickle him some more.
Back to top Go down
Evimero
Titan
Evimero

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 10:41 pm

MY mind was racing with options for getting out, but she was too strong and had too good of a position for leverage. She had won. As an Athena child, I knew battle strategy. .and I knew when it was wise to surrender. Obviously, if tickling is involved, you surrender. I restrained my laughing from what she'd already done, but anymore and I would crack. I sighed, and said, "Yes, I surrender."
Back to top Go down
Ani
Big Three Demigod
Ani

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/7/2013, 11:05 pm

~Emerson Tyler~
Emery stood and helped him up, took the pillow from him and chucked it on her bed. The pillow hit the head board and then the bed with a soft 'whump.' The girl had quite fluffy pillows and about 3 of them as well as a large stuffed animal stashed under her bed. Emery turned back to Kaladin.
"You know, your name sounds allot like Aladdin," She teased.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading more than books.   Reading more than books. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading more than books.
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next